• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
You may have missed it, but I already pointed out that Taylor detected 'local changes in (the) magnetic field' while holding his compass directly between the bars of a metal fence. Here it is again.
f70a2995-5a50-411f-a287-5311effd5ac9-jpeg.52540

---------
Mick West replicated this effect by moving a conventional compass next to a metal gate in his back garden.
https://www.metabunk.org/data/video/51/51874-eefbe35939764a4070416a68c6e9593b.mp4
View attachment 64340

---------------
They also detected microwave emissions in this episode, while standing near an observation tower full of wi-fi connected cameras.
cameras-on-tower-wifi-annotated-jpg.40490

and near a wi-fi connected weather station and booster
metabunk-2020-04-15-08-35-48-jpg.40340

Even when they are in the cave they are surrounded by radio-connected microphones and cameramen carrying electronic equipment.
metabunk-2020-04-12-08-50-38-jpg.40298

Basically, these geniuses are just detecting themselves and their own sensor equipment.
Believe it or not, these people are well aware of possible interactions of the kind you describe.

No, I cannot. I am not a physicist. The skinwalker ranch videos I have watched in the past were on youtube, and they were dreadful: uninformative, speculative, music to heighten sense of anxiety, etc.

I have located the series you have stated is quite good. Here in the US, it is on Netflix. I will watch and get back to you.

I do apologize for coming across as flippant and dismissive. That was wrong of me.

BTW, I have had a background in designing and running large multi-disciplinary projects, with Ph.D.s in different fields working together. This experience informs my view of what gives an appearance of legitimacy and how different scientists working together is done.
Thanks for your very constructive reply. Yes, there are some awful videos on YouTube, the shock-horror merchants try to exploit the ranch's reputation. The series is a lot better than that, but obviously the producers take every opportunity to raise the emotional pitch when they can, although frankly some of the events that occur there don't need any exaggeration. The three series I have seen are as good as you can hope for given the commercial side of things. If just a fraction of the data generated are valid they have already made some very significant discoveries. The "Skinwalker" notion seems to be totally irrelevant to what is going on there.

This is a very interesting and puzzling finding. The two anomalies align perfectly with the centre of the stone circle.
This is interesting, but their interpretation seems to be pure woo. 'Photogrammetry' would not reveal an invisible airborne structure. To appear in a visible light scan, there must have been something there to reflect light - a flock of birds or a swarm of insects, perhaps a wisp of cloud, dust devil or a column of smoke.

I've seen several similar swarms of flying insects gathered around prominent objects at various times of day. Here is a cloud of gnats doing it.
1-200th-second-gnats-grass-swarm2.jpg

Maybe they need an entomologist.

Or maybe their computer was just playing up.

glitch.png

The petroglyphs carved on rocks near the feature indicate some kind of doorway or portal as they say these days.
However, this is gibberish. Petroglyphs do not indicate 'portals', and no reputable archaeologist would suggest such a thing.

As it happens, I've read quite extensively on the subject of wormholes, as research into speculative science and science fiction. So I'm relatively familiar with the geometry of multiply-connected space-time. It doesn't look like that.

Among the numerous published papers I've read was one by Eric Davis, who is a mate of Taylor, Bigelow and Puthoff, and has appeared in the programme. This paper was one of the ones paid for by the Pentagon, although I only found that out later. It started off quite promisingly, as an overview of other people's work on wormhole geometry, and I was quite impressed, although it said nothing new; but then Davis veered off into woo territory, suggesting that psychically-adept humans could call up wormholes with the power of their mind. Nothing in the overview that preceded it suggested that this is possible in any way; it seems to have sprung from Davis' imagination without any physical proof or mathematical rigour to back it up.
Pure woo.

Anyone who has any doubts about Taylor's qualifications and his career might care to view his Wikipedia page:
Thing is, anyone can have a Wiki page. I've got one. And I know for a fact that part of the information on mine was wrong. In fact there's a lengthy exchange on here about it (whoever made the page got my date of birth wrong).

This is interesting, but their interpretation seems to be pure woo. 'Photogrammetry' would not reveal an invisible airborne structure. To appear in a visible light scan, there must have been something there to reflect light - a flock of birds or a swarm of insects, perhaps a wisp of cloud, dust devil or a column of smoke.

I've seen several similar swarms of flying insects gathered around prominent objects at various times of day. Here is a cloud of gnats doing it.
1-200th-second-gnats-grass-swarm2.jpg

Maybe they need an entomologist.

Or maybe their computer was just playing up.

View attachment 64353

However, this is gibberish. Petroglyphs do not indicate 'portals', and no reputable archaeologist would suggest such a thing.
You can take a horse to water..

Thing is, anyone can have a Wiki page. I've got one. And I know for a fact that part of the information on mine was wrong. In fact there's a lengthy exchange on here about it (whoever made the page got my date of birth wrong).
Let's get this clear: are you accusing Taylor of falsifying his qualifications?

Let's get this clear: are you accusing Taylor of falsifying his qualifications?
You can't write your own Wiki page. Someone else has to do it. And they can be mistaken in what they write. I have no idea about his qualifications or otherwise, I am just pointing out that merely having a Wiki page does not mean that everything written on it is accurate, as is proven in my case.

Taylor went to Auburn University and The University of Alabama, Huntsville, and his qualifications are correct. But he does seem to have a very high opinion of himself and his other achievements. Like many others in this saga he is a Mormon, but that is not unusual in Utah.

The team are already using an advanced video system which gives 24/7 recording of the entire ranch. They have also had an archaeologist examining the ancient stone structures on the mesa. One very bizarre finding in the last episode of the series to air in the UK arising from a very comprehensive scan of the entire area by the latest photogrammetry equipment were two anomalous sets of data points on the plateau that appeared a 100 feet or so above the surface of the plateau. The line connecting them passed through the location of a stone circle (one of the features seen by the archaeologist) -- in fact it was aligned with the large stone in the centre. I will try to upload some screenshots:

View attachment 64349

View attachment 64350View attachment 64351

This is a very interesting and puzzling finding. The two anomalies align perfectly with the centre of the stone circle. The petroglyphs carved on rocks near the feature indicate some kind of doorway or portal as they say these days. I am convinced from my own time slip research that the ancients knew exactly what effects they would get when aligning their stones and circles with the local energies.
If my memory serves me correctly, wasn't there a capture of another 'anomaly' whereby in their computer room they were looking into the effects (on a green screen I believe) of the emitted frequencies ~ or something like that, and Dr Taylor couldn't fathom out why, or how they witnessed a complete swamping out of all frequencies above all the other frequency channel values which did show up on screen?

Last edited:
Unless they get some independent scientists to verify this stuff, I take everything with a heap of salt. Taylor knows all about these effects, so he would be the perfect person to produce such results to order.

But it is possible that he is so obsessed with his preconceptions that he has simply turned up the sensitivity of his sensors beyond the limits of useful information (thereby detecting swarms of insects, or simply atmospheric vortices caused by hot air rising in the desert). He may be deluding himself as well as everybody else.

Unless they get some independent scientists to verify this stuff, I take everything with a heap of salt. Taylor knows all about these effects, so he would be the perfect person to produce such results to order.

But it is possible that he is so obsessed with his preconceptions that he has simply turned up the sensitivity of his sensors beyond the limits of useful information (thereby detecting swarms of insects, or simply atmospheric vortices caused by hot air rising in the desert). He may be deluding himself as well as everybody else.
OK are you actually accusing Taylor of deliberately falsifying the findings?

Brandon Fugal is well known in Utah in the business world.

I don’t think Brandon would be associated with people who are not what they appear to be.

I am sure Travis Taylor is the real deal.

Taylor went to Auburn University and The University of Alabama, Huntsville, and his qualifications are correct. But he does seem to have a very high opinion of himself and his other achievements. Like many others in this saga he is a Mormon, but that is not unusual in Utah.

I did not know he is a Mormon from reading about it; however, I deduced this from his looks, his demeanor (praying on the helicopter to his heavenly father), and his special protective underpants which I saw a hint of under his pants.

Thanks for your very constructive reply. Yes, there are some awful videos on YouTube, the shock-horror merchants try to exploit the ranch's reputation. The series is a lot better than that, but obviously the producers take every opportunity to raise the emotional pitch when they can, although frankly some of the events that occur there don't need any exaggeration. The three series I have seen are as good as you can hope for given the commercial side of things. If just a fraction of the data generated are valid they have already made some very significant discoveries. The "Skinwalker" notion seems to be totally irrelevant to what is going on there.
@Carl Grove

I have now watched episode 1 of the Skinwalker Ranch series on Netflix. If anomalies are happening, this series – so far – does the public a disservice by the unprofessional presentation. I may watch more episodes, but episode 1 shapes up to be entertainment, not investigation science.

Here are my observations:

Time: 5:00 Skinwalker is defined as a Native American term for demonic entity. WTF. Not from any NA I have known, nor from the limited reading I have done on it. I think this is not true. The meaning has evolved greatly over the past 20-30 years, and it different than what it was before 1990, probably from usage by non-NA for the woo factor. The person discussing this gave no references.

Time 12:00 The introductory briefing was staged and not specific or informative. No plan for investigation so far: goals, constraints, technology, personnel, roles and responsibilities, timelines and due dates, etc. If this is not addressed, then I consider this to be a fatal flaw.

Time 12:20 Prays to heavenly father in helicopter. I suppose this is to establish the outside investigator, Dr. Taylor, as a devout, mainstream, honest, trustworthy person.

Time 14:30 Security men: WTF. Why are security men, heavily armed, meeting the scheduled helicopter carrying the new investigator in broad daylight? If the danger is so immediate, why is it not described? This is staged to make the situation seem more dangerous.

Time 17:00 Eric Brand, the ongoing “principal investigator," describes phase one of Dr. Taylor’s work as “observation science” – meaning walking around! Where is the project plan? What happened to reviewing the previous documented data and the baseline comparisons with nearby ranches? This indicates to me that there is no rigor in the approach. It is not serious. Maybe a project plan will be shown in the next episodes.

Time 23:00 Skinwalker is described as a Navajo curse directed at their enemies back in the late 19th century. This is not true; skinwalker, like chinde, has spiritual meanings which are not a curse. My sources are this are Navajo fellow students I went to college with in Arizona the 1980s.

Time 32:00 Head of security argues that “unequivocally” digging in the soil will trigger bad crap going down. The bad crap is not described. Why is the head of security weighing in on what the investigation goals and limitations should be?

Time 34:00 The onsite “digger” states that previous digging has made him so sick that he was hospitalized, that his scalp detached from his skull, and that doctors had no explanation for this. More information on this would have been useful: the level of non-specificity can lead to no useful conclusions. Does this mean that the doctors were able to rule out non-mysterious causes, such as extreme immune reaction to an external pathogen (such as the endemic valley fever found in the soil throughout the southwest and California), or that they didn’t try?

Time 35:00 Group meeting in which the suggestion is made that the ranch owner be contacted by videochat to decide if a specific investigation technique, digging in the soil, can be used. WTF. This indicates no project plan, with clear authority assigned to someone. No project plan is a fatal flaw.

Time 38:00 Ranch owner states: “You are not privy to the risks and have not been properly briefed.” Why not? No project plan is a fatal flaw.

Time: 40:00 Dr Taylor, the outside investigator, states that he has a government clearance, so they should show him the evidence. First, everyone who works for the US Federal government has a clearance of some sort, even if it is a low level “confidential” one. This is meaningless. Second, even if he has a governmental clearance, this is irrelevant to the investigation at hand. He mentions his clearance to indicate that he is trustworthy. Where is the project plan?

Last edited:
OK are you actually accusing Taylor of deliberately falsifying the findings?
To be charitable, he may be so keen on proving this stuff that he is overlooking the parsimonious explanations.

Concerning the anomalies in the photogrammetry model; looking online, there are certain errors that can creep into photogrammetry that may have caused these strange features. When you make a model of a 3D landscape using scanned data, you need to set a 'bounding box' that limits the size of your model. However, sometimes data from beyond this bounding box becomes incorporated into the image - often as a cloud of dissociated pixels. Here is an example.
glitch1.png

These two anomalies might be nothing more interesting than accidental inclusions from outside the bounding box. These 'stray pixels' can be eliminated by hand, or you can use the software to eliminate them; I noted that the person controlling the model could make them appear and disappear at will, so I suspect they were simply adjusting the filters.

Last edited:
I don't really want to know more..but I kind of want to know more please?:eek:
I am somewhat reluctant since so many of the UK Forteans have prejudices against my country and countrymen. However, in the pursuance of education.... Mormons (members of LDS) wear special underpants which protect the wearer from evil. The underpants extend almost to the knee, and are made of cotton.

I am somewhat reluctant since so many of the UK Forteans have prejudices against my country and countrymen. However, in the pursuance of education.... Mormons (members of LDS) wear special underpants which protect the wearer from evil. The underpants extend almost to the knee, and are made of cotton.
Thank you. I have never heard of this before. I am going to have to look for these special pants now in the programme, rather against my own will! :)

I don't think we actually got to see this 'digger' who had his scalp separate from his skull?
It could be as simple as a bad case of sunburn, with the skin of his scalp peeling off.

@Carl Grove

I have now watched episode 1 of the Skinwalker Ranch series on Netflix. If anomalies are happening, this series – so far – does the public a disservice by the unprofessional presentation. I may watch more episodes, but episode 1 shapes up to be entertainment, not investigation science.

Here are my observations:

Time: 5:00 Skinwalker is defined as a Native American term for demonic entity. WTF. Not from any NA I have known, nor from the limited reading I have done on it. I think this is not true. The meaning has evolved greatly over the past 20-30 years, and it different than what it was before 1990, probably from usage by non-NA for the woo factor. The person discussing this gave no references.

Time 12:00 The introductory briefing was staged and not specific or informative. No plan for investigation so far: goals, constraints, technology, personnel, roles and responsibilities, timelines and due dates, etc. If this is not addressed, then I consider this to be a fatal flaw.

Time 12:20 Prays to heavenly father in helicopter. I suppose this is to establish the outside investigator, Dr. Taylor, as a devout, mainstream, honest, trustworthy person.

Time 14:30 Security men: WTF. Why are security men, heavily armed, meeting the scheduled helicopter carrying the new investigator in broad daylight? If the danger is so immediate, why is it not described? This is staged to make the situation seem more dangerous.

Time 17:00 Eric Brand, the ongoing “principal investigator, describes phase one of Dr. Taylor’s work as “observation science” – meaning walking around! Where is the project plan? What happened to reviewing the previous documented data and the baseline comparisons with nearby ranches? This indicates to me that there is no rigor in the approach. It is not serious. Maybe a project plan will be shown in the next episodes.

Time 23:00 Skinwalker is described as a Navajo curse directed at their enemies back in the late 19th century. This is not true; skinwalker, like chinde, has spiritual meanings which are not a curse. My sources are this are Navajo fellow students I went to college with in Arizona the 1980s.

Time 32:00 Head of security argues that “unequivocally” digging in the soil will trigger bad crap going down. The bad crap is not described. Why is the head of security weighing in on what the investigation goals and limitations should be?

Time 34:00 The onsite “digger” states that previous digging has made him so sick that he was hospitalized, that his scalp detached from his skull, and that doctors had no explanation for this. More information on this would have been useful: the level of non-specificity can lead to no useful conclusions. Does this mean that the doctors were able to rule out non-mysterious causes, such as extreme immune reaction to an external pathogen (such as the endemic valley fever found in the soil throughout the southwest and California), or that they didn’t try?

Time 35:00 Group meeting in which the suggestion is made that the ranch owner be contacted by videochat to decide if a specific investigation technique, digging in the soil, can be used. WTF. This indicates no project plan, with clear authority assigned to someone. No project plan is a fatal flaw.

Time 38:00 Ranch owner states: “You are not privy to the risks and have not been properly briefed.” Why not? No project plan is a fatal flaw.

Time: 40:00 Dr Taylor, the outside investigator, states that he has a government clearance, so they should show him the evidence. First, everyone who works for the US Federal government has a clearance of some sort, even if it is a low level “confidential” one. This is meaningless. Second, even if he has a governmental clearance, this is irrelevant to the investigation at hand. He mentions his clearance to indicate that he is trustworthy. Where is the project plan?
The first episode is rather untidy and confused, for the reasons you give, but the background to this will become apparent. There is no question that the injuries (still inexplicable in medical terms, as far as I know) mentioned created a situation in which people were basically afraid to do any serious subsurface investigation. As you will see in the subsequent episodes, Taylor pretty well demanded that they be allowed to do this, and as a result some very interesting data began to emerge. Taylor forced through his views and that's when they started to make progress. The project plan was very simple: try to stimulate a response of some kind from the ranch in a variety of ways, and it began to pay off very rapidly. In the process Taylor himself suffered serious radiation exposure. Because they were aware of areas that were especially dangerous they had to constantly monitor the background radiation, and then began to make some bizarre observations. Well worth sticking with it.

I don't think we actually got to see this 'digger' who had his scalp separate from his skull?
It could be as simple as a bad case of sunburn, with the skin of his scalp peeling off.
No, it was medically inexplicable, according to the doctors who examined his injuries. He remained on the team and showed, in my view, considerable courage in going along with the investigation.

No, it was medically inexplicable, according to the doctors who examined his injuries.
Did they actually say that, or was it only told at second-hand by the showrunners?

He remained on the team and showed, in my view, considerable courage in going along with the investigation.
And did he demonstrate this newly-wobbly scalp, or not?

Taylor has also appeared in TV shows about Ancient Aliens and Oak Island, so it is likely his bullshit filter is extremely compromised.

Last edited:

I suppose they (the team) can't really avoid getting pretty exited anyway, and that alone might give the wrong impression when observing what they are saying, or what they, and we are looking at. Can't blame them for that because we'd all get pretty exited if we were the ones who were being confronted with such anomalies when they present themselves.

Last edited:
I am somewhat reluctant since so many of the UK Forteans have prejudices against my country and countrymen.
I am always puzzled as to where your perceived notion of this statement comes from.

With so many threads on here, it's quite possible that I have simply not seen the posts where this has happened of course, and I have no doubt that some do have prejudices, just like some will do against the Swedes, French, Israelis, Arabs, Chinese, Cromer-ites et al.

In any case, being such a large, very wealthy country with 'interests' and vast 'influence' around the world, not to mention the culture increasingly seeping in to many other countries, it's bound to come into some criticism from time to time.

I am always puzzled as to where your perceived notion of this statement comes from.

With so many threads on here, it's quite possible that I have simply not seen the posts where this has happened of course, and I have no doubt that some do have prejudices, just like some will do against the Swedes, French, Israelis, Arabs, Chinese, Cromer-ites et al.

In any case, being such a large, very wealthy country with 'interests' and vast 'influence' around the world, not to mention the culture increasingly seeping in to many other countries, it's bound to come into some criticism from time to time.
I have seen it quite a lot. In fact I am surprised we have any surviving US members.

Anyway, can we please stop talking about Travis Taylors pants and get back to the phenomena or lack of? :yuck:

Back