• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Mystery Booms From The Sky (Skyquakes)

These three cities are precisely 100km apart. We know when, where and how, but who is trying to tell us something? What are they trying to tell us? And why?? :pop:
Avoid the A14 like the plague?

Not my favourite road. Got stuck on it regularly when driving into Cambridge.
I used to have to use it regularly between Cambridge and the M1/M6. Terrible road, only made worse by 'improvements'.

A 1AM boom with flash and smoke in Utah. Explosive suspected.
https://www.abc4.com/news/mysterious-boom-in-bluffdale-area-puzzles-public-and-officials/

landscape-draper-boom.jpeg

Actually, many of these mystery booms are accompanied by flash and smoke. And they are occurring in more urban or unusual areas than the dude shooting tannerite for fun. I'm beginning to wonder if some kooks aren't preparing for battle.

I got "This content is not available in your country/region" for the link. This link to a different source works for me.

https://www.newsbreak.com/bluffdale...les-public-and-officials-brings-in-bomb-squad

DRAPER, Utah ( ABC4 ) — Salt lake County Bomb Squad and Draper Police detectives are actively investigating the loud ‘boom’ heard across the northeast area of Salt Lake County on Mar. 18, according to officials.

The possible explosion took place around 1 a.m. in the Draper area near Moab Way and Manila Drive. While officers responded immediately, they were unable to find any evidence initially.

Authorities from the bomb squad and Draper police were flown into the area by helicopter later in the morning after receiving a “report from a hiker who had found indication of a possible explosion in the area,” officials said.

A 1AM boom with flash and smoke in Utah. Explosive suspected.
https://www.abc4.com/news/mysterious-boom-in-bluffdale-area-puzzles-public-and-officials/

View attachment 64485
Actually, many of these mystery booms are accompanied by flash and smoke. And they are occurring in more urban or unusual areas than the dude shooting tannerite for fun. I'm beginning to wonder if some kooks aren't preparing for battle.
That looks light for 1am - natural or has it been brightened? I’m assuming that’s snow - looking it up it’s around 4,500 ft above sea level.

And there’s a cat’s head forming in the smoke..

I got "This content is not available in your country/region" for the link. This link to a different source works for me.

https://www.newsbreak.com/bluffdale...les-public-and-officials-brings-in-bomb-squad

DRAPER, Utah ( ABC4 ) — Salt lake County Bomb Squad and Draper Police detectives are actively investigating the loud ‘boom’ heard across the northeast area of Salt Lake County on Mar. 18, according to officials.

The possible explosion took place around 1 a.m. in the Draper area near Moab Way and Manila Drive. While officers responded immediately, they were unable to find any evidence initially.

Authorities from the bomb squad and Draper police were flown into the area by helicopter later in the morning after receiving a “report from a hiker who had found indication of a possible explosion in the area,” officials said.
At a guess, probably has something to do with mining, or prospecting, as it is a heavily mined area anyway?

At a guess, probably has something to do with mining, or prospecting, as it is a heavily mined area anyway?
Doubtful. Mining explosives don't create "smoke" and big booms. They use as little material as possible to achieve their ends.

"...with flash and smoke..."

maximus otter
Maybe triggered by detonation to break up any threatening Avalanches before they can cause any harm to skiers etc? Helicopters can, and are also being used to drop explosives onto potentially dangerous snow build-ups.

Maybe triggered by detonation to break up any threatening Avalanches before they can cause any harm to skiers etc? Helicopters can, and are also being used to drop explosives onto potentially dangerous snow build-ups.

If it were a helicopter dropping explosives, then the "...Salt lake County Bomb Squad and Draper Police detectives..." would know about it and wouldn't be scrambling to investigate.

My guess? Somebody buggering about with Tannerite targets up in the hills. I know of at least one well-known firearms vlogger who resides in Utah.

maxius otter

If it were a helicopter dropping explosives, then the "...Salt lake County Bomb Squad and Draper Police detectives..." would know about it and wouldn't be scrambling to investigate.

My guess? Somebody buggering about with Tannerite targets up in the hills. I know of at least one well-known firearms vlogger who resides in Utah.

maxius otter
Oh, yes you would think that they would/or at least 'should' know about it in that case.

It's frost quake season, particularly in upper Midwest US and Finland. Here is the latest.

Most people have never heard of frost quakes (sometimes called cryoseisms). New scientific observations suggest that populations in regions prone to frigid winter temperatures will experience them more often.
https://sharonahill.com/rapid-deep-freeze-can-lead-to-frost-quakes/

A large explosion was heard from Blackpool to Fleetwood yesterday ,
nothing as been reported I didn't hear it but suspect a sonic boom
as there were a few fast jets about.

Back