• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Time Or Dimensional Slips

That's the one thing that concerns me they seem to be Anglo Centric, I know there have been reports from France but they happened to British people, it seems to me that the phenomena is confined to the English speaking world, which can't be right, if it is right than it does throw a huge spanner in the works, if it is a true phenomena there ought to be reports from Argentina to Zambia
Even the Spanish Wikipedia page only references famous UK-linked cases (the ladies in Versailles, disappearing hotel in France reported by British witnesses, Liverpool, Suffolk and Scotland) which surely can't be a good sign. If there were famous Spanish/Latin American cases, they would have been listed.

Even the Spanish Wikipedia page only references famous UK-linked cases (the ladies in Versailles, disappearing hotel in France reported by British witnesses, Liverpool, Suffolk and Scotland) which surely can't be a good sign. If there were famous Spanish/Latin American cases, they would have been listed.
It's a strange one isn't it, until some cases from outside the English speaking world appear I think I will put this subject on the Fortean back burner, because if this is a genuine phenomena it can't be confined to those that speak English

Is there a chance that there are time slip but they are classed as hauntings?
Maybe, but from what is described they tend to have there own peculiarities (Timeslips that is) but if you can find anything I would welcome it, its bugging me this one

It sounded so promising. Such a disappointment. :rollingw:
5E2F9BB3-C47D-47B1-B6C5-D1F59FAB70D4.jpeg

Thinking about the preponderance of Timeslip cases being from English language sources, could this be connected to the media influences we were exposed to as children- Dr Who, Back to the future , The Time Machine and Timeslip are tsome that spring to mind. There is a lot of time travel/parallel universe material out there in English. We are primed to see it as an explanation whereas others may opt for different explanation in line with their cultural influences.

Those of us of a certain age will probably remember the ITV series Timeslip in the 70s.
To mark its 50th anniversary, the original stars Cheryl Burfield and Spencer Banks are reprising their iconic roles as time-slipping teenagers Simon Randall and Liz Skinner in a series of audio adventures scheduled for release in July and August 2023.

Then and now - doesn't time fly?

timeslip1.png
timeslip2.png

https://www.bigfinish.com/news/v/return-to-the-time-barrier

Those of us of a certain age will probably remember the ITV series Timeslip in the 70s.
To mark its 50th anniversary, the original stars Cheryl Burfield and Spencer Banks are reprising their iconic roles as time-slipping teenagers Simon Randall and Liz Skinner in a series of audio adventures scheduled for release in July and August 2023.

Then and now - doesn't time fly?

View attachment 64698View attachment 64699

https://www.bigfinish.com/news/v/return-to-the-time-barrier
This was current when I was a young teenager.

I only remember two things about it: the surly although brave and very beautiful female lead crawling and slithering under a wire fence, and the theme tune, which I recall as far more gung-ho and dramatic than it sounds on YouTube.

"Astrophysicist claims to be close to building a time machine."

https://www.jpost.com/science/article-735845

If this was ever built, I would want it to have controls over how many people it affects and over what geographical area.

Imagine it is too powerful and pulls an entire town back to the 19th century!
he's probably on the right tracks but it's way off in the future before anything comes of it

The great thing about time travel being available in the future is that travellers from the future can visit their past, ie, time travel being available one day also means that it's available right now.

Or as the meme puts it:

View attachment 64823
Which is an absolutely brilliant point but it somehow bends your mind

His theory has constraints, however.

"You can send information back, but you can only send it back to the point where you started operating the device," Mallett told The Guardian.
So if a time machine hasn't been built yet it explains why we haven't been overrun with time travellers. It also rules out the possibility of UFOs being from the future.

So if a time machine hasn't been built yet it explains why we haven't been overrun with time travellers. It also rules out the possibility of UFOs being from the future.
What if UFOs are from the future but don't need a time machine?

They just fly through a wormhole and arrive atnthe other end of it many years before they entered?

Perhaps if their was some serious research into Timeslips perhaps they could build a machine to replicate them?

Although back to my pet theory (see Poltergeists) I have a feeling it's something to do with the underlying geology I seem to remember reading that areas built on a certain type of sandstone were noted for many strange happenings

Back