• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
I find this a fascinating topic to explore! A trained, independent geologist would soon dispel any illusions of a 'curved, metallic structure', or would publish the results in a reputable journal. Nature would love to hear about any alien relics, or evidence of interdimensional contact, and so would I - but this will never happen on Skinwalker Ranch.

In the interests of balance (and common sense), here is the whole series of videos about Steven Greenstreet's investigation into the Skinwalker Ranch.

Part One, where Garth Myers, a previous owner denies uneqivocably that there were any UFOs there.
When you trace the origins of the current UFO story, you end up at Skinwalker Ranch. Supposedly one of the most "haunted" places in the world, storytellers claim the ranch is home to things like UFOs, werewolves, bigfoot and ghosts. In 1996, a millionaire named Robert Bigelow read a local news story about a ranch in Utah that supposedly was a UFO hotspot. Bigelow, obsessed with UFOs since a child, purchased the ranch and hired scientists to investigate. The exploits of the National Institute for Discovery Science (NIDS) would later fill up 280 pages in a book titled "Hunt for the Skinwalker," an alleged "true story" about what they discovered at Skinwalker Ranch.

Part Two - The dinobeaver they 'forgot' to photograph.

The people running the Pentagon's Advanced Aerospace Weapon System Application Program (AAWSAP) claim they encountered UFOs, demons, werewolves and "dinobeaver" monsters at "Skinwalker Ranch" in Utah. But, their most jaw-dropping claim is that a paranormal "infectious disease" is being spread across the United States. They say this "contagion" comes from evil poltergeists and that ground zero for this vicious pathogen is... Skinwalker Ranch. And the government paid for $22 million for them to come to this conclusion.

Part Three - Fugal takes over, and takes Greenstreet for a ride
Bigelow claimed the ranch to be a hotspot for UFOs, poltergeists, and all kinds of monsters. But no evidence to support any of this has ever been presented.
In 2016, Bigelow sold the ranch to another real estate millionaire with a passion for the paranormal … Brandon Fugal. And Fugal claims to finally have the goods. Evidence. Proof. He produces a reality TV show on The History Channel called “The Secret of Skinwalker Ranch”, which claims to show real paranormal phenomena, proving that the spooky legends of the ranch are actually true.
I reached out to Brandon Fugal and asked if I could come to the ranch and see this phenomena for myself. I was surprised when he enthusiastically accepted. He said I could come to the ranch, that he would show me everything and that he would answer all my questions. So I got on a plane and my journey began.

Part Four - A Spider hanging from a web, or a distant orb?
Steven Greenstreet , host and producer of “The Basement Office”, interviews owner Brandon Fugal and his team of investigators. Skeptical of past myths, but open minded to the possibility of new discoveries, Greenstreet sets out on an exclusive tour of the heavily surveilled property, combs through hours of video footage, and works with experts to try and find a glimmer of truth.

Part Five - Greenstreet camps out, and gets attacked by 'the phenomenon'.

It's all led to this. Our final episode, and verdict, on Skinwalker Ranch - a supposed hotspot of UFOs, ghosts and all kinds of monsters.
Steven Greenstreet, host of #TheBasementOffice, spent the night alone on the ranch and documented what he observed - strange sounds, multiple UFOs, and something "screaming" on top of the rocky mesa. And, by the end of the night, something physical happens to his body that made him wonder if he'd been attacked by the infamous "hitchhiker" poltergeist.

Heh, heh - at the finish, Greenstreet gets a little spooked. But he's not convinced, and is asking that Fugal and Taylor release the numerical data from their 'experiments', so it can be independently checked.
Nothing so far.

I don’t know if the most recent episode plays outside the U.S.

But, very high speed cameras captures some kind of energy field/object over the triangle.

Travis Taylor says he has never seen what has been captured.

There is plenty of evidence, and judging by what I've seen in the first three series, it's very convincing. For some reason people who want to be seen as sceptics delight in rubbishing what I would call valiant (if sometimes misguided) attempts to research what must be one of the most frustrating research projects ever. Regarding the hitchhiker phenomenon -- yes, it was that which first drew the attention of the intelligence community, and one of NIDs' major pieces of research was to establish that transmission followed the same rules established by medical researchers for the transmission of viruses. But it was never, ever, described as "evil poltergeists." Now if someone wants to question specific experiments carried out by the team in a sensible manner I have absolutely no objection to that. But when they paint themselves as "sceptics" and clearly have an agenda, that's a different thing. Now as far as I can see there is strong evidence of unusual energy spikes there, often correlated with a 1.6Ghz frequency, often strong enough to cause physiological effects. There is also evidence, which the team seem very reluctant to admit, that the anomaly above the triangle is capable of anticipating their every plan and negating it. (I do a disservice to Tom, who seems very aware that their efforts are being monitored and negated.) For example, the fact that it seems capable of systematically removing information from telescope star databases and also interfering with the trajectories of rockets fired up at it, even of distorting visual perceptions (as when they were dropping GPS trackers from a helicopter) -- in fact that episode showed that the onboard camera (presumably operated by the film crew) also captured a disorted image. The anomaly also interfered with a laser beam in a very bizarre way. Every episode highlights some very mystifying phenomena. To me the ancient Jewish prayer recital at Homestead 2 which generated totally bizarre inverted heat phenomena, on two separate occasions (the second with the playback of the original chant), all captured on video, has to be one of the most remarkable experiments, and it's odd that none of the sceptics have come up with a plausible answer to that one!

There is plenty of evidence, and judging by what I've seen in the first three series, it's very convincing. For some reason people who want to be seen as sceptics delight in rubbishing what I would call valiant (if sometimes misguided) attempts to research what must be one of the most frustrating research projects ever. Regarding the hitchhiker phenomenon -- yes, it was that which first drew the attention of the intelligence community, and one of NIDs' major pieces of research was to establish that transmission followed the same rules established by medical researchers for the transmission of viruses. But it was never, ever, described as "evil poltergeists." Now if someone wants to question specific experiments carried out by the team in a sensible manner I have absolutely no objection to that. But when they paint themselves as "sceptics" and clearly have an agenda, that's a different thing. Now as far as I can see there is strong evidence of unusual energy spikes there, often correlated with a 1.6Ghz frequency, often strong enough to cause physiological effects. There is also evidence, which the team seem very reluctant to admit, that the anomaly above the triangle is capable of anticipating their every plan and negating it. (I do a disservice to Tom, who seems very aware that their efforts are being monitored and negated.) For example, the fact that it seems capable of systematically removing information from telescope star databases and also interfering with the trajectories of rockets fired up at it, even of distorting visual perceptions (as when they were dropping GPS trackers from a helicopter) -- in fact that episode showed that the onboard camera (presumably operated by the film crew) also captured a disorted image. The anomaly also interfered with a laser beam in a very bizarre way. Every episode highlights some very mystifying phenomena. To me the ancient Jewish prayer recital at Homestead 2 which generated totally bizarre inverted heat phenomena, on two separate occasions (the second with the playback of the original chant), all captured on video, has to be one of the most remarkable experiments, and it's odd that none of the sceptics have come up with a plausible answer to that one!
All that you say makes sense, and the 1.6 ghz issue is something that frustrates me because they have not mentioned checking to see if there are any satelites in orbit over the ranch when they have those anomolies or satelite communication going on in the area. As for the "ranch anticipating" their experiments, it could be humans monitoring everything they do. They need to eliminate that possibility before going to the "portals" explanation. I think Fugal has an agenda and is attached to the portal idea for some reason.

All that you say makes sense, and the 1.6 ghz issue is something that frustrates me because they have not mentioned checking to see if there are any satelites in orbit over the ranch when they have those anomolies or satelite communication going on in the area. As for the "ranch anticipating" their experiments, it could be humans monitoring everything they do. They need to eliminate that possibility before going to the "portals" explanation. I think Fugal has an agenda and is attached to the portal idea for some reason.
I agree, the portal theory has some good points, but they should be looking at other possibilities as well. Given Travis's background and his contacts I'm sure he would have checked if any of them were using this very specific wavelength. I suspect Fugal probably picked up the portal idea from Alexander. Whatever it might be there is no doubt that something very strange is operating a mile over the ranch and for whatever reason it seems to defy all efforts to get a closer look. They have tried balloons and rockets and a helicopter and light aircraft, and all to no avail. I would like to see more efforts to probe what is under the ranch --- based on my own very amateur efforts I am sure that there are areas all over the world where strange things happen very frequently, and that the ancients knew a lot more about this than we do today. So I wasn't surprised when the stone structure was found on the mesa. It's a pity that what I think is a serious subject has to be over-dramatised and edited to maximise the drama, but someone took the decision to present it in this form. There is a lot of "disclosure" going on now regarding UAPs and similar topics, is there some hidden agenda at play? We live in interesting times!

There is plenty of evidence, and judging by what I've seen in the first three series, it's very convincing.
But they won't give it to us. The data is important- I have no doubt that Greenstreet and West could make a better job at interpreting it than Taylor and Fugal, who seem to have an agenda.

But we will never know, because this is an entertainment show, not a scientific research project.

But they won't give it to us. The data is important- I have no doubt that Greenstreet and West could make a better job at interpreting it than Taylor and Fugal, who seem to have an agenda.

But we will never know, because this is an entertainment show, not a scientific research project.
It's an entertainment show built around a research project, but that project tries to apply science where it can. But traditional science hasn't been developed to operate in an environment that can (1) anticipate your plans; (2) act to neutralise them; and (3) cause real damage and harm to the participants. I'll ask, as I have before -- if you were given a free hand and all the equipment that you desired, what exactly would you do differently from the present team? What specific experiments would you run? What evidence would you be trying to collect?

I think Fugal has an agenda and Taylor is just a secondary scientist to lead credibility to all of it. He often seems a little bothered at things and he doesn't get to decide what they investigate. If he did I think he would have verified where the 1.6 ghz signal is coming from.

It's an entertainment show built around a research project, but that project tries to apply science where it can. But traditional science hasn't been developed to operate in an environment that can (1) anticipate your plans; (2) act to neutralise them; and (3) cause real damage and harm to the participants. I'll ask, as I have before -- if you were given a free hand and all the equipment that you desired, what exactly would you do differently from the present team? What specific experiments would you run? What evidence would you be trying to collect?
That's why I think they are being monitored. They even make a big deal about military helicopters showing up sometimes. It is probably why they don't really investigate where the 1.6 ghz signal is coming from, they know and aren't supposed to say. OR they are adding drama that isn't real. Hard to tell which it is.

Like I said I don’t know if the most recent episodes play outside of the U.S., but Travis Taylor saying he did not understand what the high speed cameras ( maybe a 1,000 frames per second ? ) captured being a cross between energy and object sounds like some one who is being sincere.

Like I said I don’t know if the most recent episodes play outside of the U.S., but Travis Taylor saying he did not understand what the high speed cameras ( maybe a 1,000 frames per second ? ) captured being a cross between energy and object sounds like some one who is being sincere.
I think Travis is sincere, but sometimes he scowls when someone says something that adds drama, so he is paid to be quiet about some things I think. I really enjoyed watching his show Rocket City Rednecks with my grandson. And when he shows up on the Ancient Aliens shows it makes me laugh, astrophysisict talking about archology. I have two of his books and I like the way he writes, he can make boring seem interesting when he is going through statistics.

I did notice that the anomaly of the 'light' sphere which 'Eric?' came across after he reviewed the overnight video, Taylor did comment - saying, "look at that, it's even leaving a trail in it's movement!" He seemed a bit puzzled by it, but I did notice that the bugs themselves, also left a movement trail as they shot across the field of view, which does suggest that it was the frame-rate which was just catching the movement trail?

That's right. Something of this kind is much more likely to be a bird, bat, spider or insect than an alien or interdimensional craft. The thing to do would be to compare known images of birds, bats, spiders or insects with the anomaly to check the trail behaviour and other characteristics, as Greenstreet suggested in his video above.

But they seem reluctant to do that. Why?

My suggestion for detecting UAPs is to use synchronised stereoscopic cameras. That way you can reliably determine the size and distance of an unknown object, within certain well-defined limits. In the past I have suggested that the cameras on the International Space Station should be routinely doubled up, to discriminate between small, nearby ice particles and photobombing alien spacecraft. Stereo cameras at Skinwalker would eliminate most birds, bats, spiders or insects.

But of course it will never happen; detecting false positives is central to their business model.

That's right. Something of this kind is much more likely to be a bird, bat, spider or insect than an alien or interdimensional craft. The thing to do would be to compare known images of birds, bats, spiders or insects with the anomaly to check the trail behaviour and other characteristics, as Greenstreet suggested in his video above.

But they seem reluctant to do that. Why?

My suggestion for detecting UAPs is to use synchronised stereoscopic cameras. That way you can reliably determine the size and distance of an unknown object, within certain well-defined limits. In the past I have suggested that the cameras on the International Space Station should be routinely doubled up, to discriminate between small, nearby ice particles and photobombing alien spacecraft. Stereo cameras at Skinwalker would eliminate most birds, bats, spiders or insects.

But of course it will never happen; detecting false positives is central to their business model.
However, the lit anomaly did not appear to act like you would expect an insect, bird or bat etc would, according to the footage shown? I imagine that anything with a winged flight would show some kind of 'flickering effect,' even if it's apparent image appearance was just a fuzzy sphere of light?

That depends on whether the image was so blurred that the wings are not visible. Many insects appear as featureless blobs in video clips.

Sometimes an insect might flap its wings so rapidly that it is a single blur in each frame of the capture; especially if it is moving relatively slowly. On the other hand, sometimes the insect stretches out into a long blur in each frame, creating a so-called 'rod', which may display each wingbeat as a separate feature.

In this image, each insect is a long blur, with several wingbeats visible - except the one on the extreme right, which is hovering, so just appears as a circular blur.
Flying-Angles-AmarSingh-1.jpg

Another possibility is a dew-drop, a spider or caterpillar, motionless on the end of a strand of web which is blowing in a breeze. Most of these seem to have been captured at Skinwalker ranch at various times, and presented as anomalies.

Last edited:
That's why I think they are being monitored. They even make a big deal about military helicopters showing up sometimes. It is probably why they don't really investigate where the 1.6 ghz signal is coming from, they know and aren't supposed to say. OR they are adding drama that isn't real. Hard to tell which it is.
They have probably spent more wasted hours trying to investigate the source of the signal than anything else, but the anomaly (for want of a better term) seems to be very unco-operative. But even the negative results have generated a significant number of UAPs and other odd phenomena as a by-product.

My guess is that Taylor is still basically working for intelligence and his presence on the show is to make sure that if they do find something significant the data will be rapidly channelled in that direction, long before any TV viewers get to see it. Arguably the most productive part of the ranch is H2 -- that's where the massive energy spikes, bizarre local temperature inversions, and serious effects on people have been observed -- the latter including entrancement, microwave exposure, and a minor heart attack. Also near where the orb was filmed (I don't buy the insect theory, and I'm sure the quite complex flight path that was visible in close up wasn't any kind of artefact of the frame rate). On the other hand it is odd that whereas back in NIDs orbs were a common sight (Ryan Skinner's meeting with an orb is quite interesting, and one of the intelligence men who subsequently suffered from the hitchhiker effect nearly lost his wife due to a brief contact with a blue orb) sightings seem very rare now.

However, the lit anomaly did not appear to act like you would expect an insect, bird or bat etc would, according to the footage shown? I imagine that anything with a winged flight would show some kind of 'flickering effect,' even if it's apparent image appearance was just a fuzzy sphere of light?
No but it did act like a spider moving about on a silk or web just in front of the camera lens.

No but it did act like a spider moving about on a silk or web just in front of the camera lens.
I must admit I can't see it being a spider in front of the camera. Its movements seem too fluid and in comparison with insects flying closer to the camera (and there are a lot of these) it is far better defined. It seems to end up going behind a bush or something a few feet away. Still unexplained I think.

Carl,

I think this last episode is the best yet.

The group is finally escalating the mesa.

A helicopter with no transponder I D harassing the group.

A spotted UAP that lasted a while.

We finally see the anomaly over the triangle.

Recently uploaded from the new series:

We finally see the anomaly over the triangle

That looks like more thin cloud, illuminated by the rocket as it approached. The rocket is a source of light, and it will naturally light up any cloud that forms in this area. The fact that the rocket exploded is just another example of the Skinwalker team having a failure and claiming it as a success.

That looks like more thin cloud, illuminated by the rocket as it approached. The rocket is a source of light, and it will naturally light up any cloud that forms in this area. The fact that the rocket exploded is just another example of the Skinwalker team having a failure and claiming it as a success.
It would be very unusual to see an isolated cloud so low over the ground. The rockets usually explode or are deflected away from the anomaly.

I only get one episode a week because I am not a subscriber to the History channel. I saw episode 3 of season 4 last night. I didn't see where he said he didn't understand what the high speed cameras captured. Is that in episode 4?

Back