• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19): Conspiracy Theories & Claims

the cocktail is just good nutrition. modern processed food often results in people suffering from a mild form of malnutrition. People often don't notice until they're afflicted with some other ailment.
Thing is though, this woman knew the person who was going to be scheduled for surgery, she started drinking this juice each morning, and cleared up her artery problems herself. So what could be the harm in trying something natural?
She has many holistic and natural healing hints which she has been telling me. I myself don't like taking any types of 'medication', never did, opting to go for natural remedies if possible.
The medical industry is just that, an 'industry', interested in pushing their products.
I know some of their 'medications' are life-saving, but I plan to stay away from all of that as long as possible.
Even celebrities such as Hayley Mills have refused treatments like chemotherapy for her cancer, she felt that the chemo would kill her before the cancer ever did.

Last edited:
Because, of course, what the world really needs is health advice off a burger chain.

(And I have to add - what a truly terrible, if accurate, name to give a fast food business. I suppose their attempt to reduce the complexities of the digestive process in relation to fat heavy reconstituted meat patties is at least honest; presumably Scarf-N-Barf, Queue-N-Poo and Eat-N-Excrete were alternatives that foundered during the market research process.)

To be fair, although I think the company were famously covid sceptic, I suspect the photo is not genuine: In-N-Out cups with dodgy slogans on the base seem to have been a bit of a meme for a while.
You're right, it is a meme. How clever of you to notice. :rolleyes:

In the guise of anything negative about the vaccine must be said/done secretly. Anything said regarding the vaccine must be hidden because otherwise, you are spreading false information.

You're right, it is a meme. How clever of you to notice. :rolleyes:

In the guise of anything negative about the vaccine must be said/done secretly. Anything said regarding the vaccine must be hidden because otherwise, you are spreading false information.
How are all of the articles, videos etc regarding the vaccine posted here clandestine? Obviously they are not or we wouldn't be able to find them.

False information is widespread.

Even celebrities such as Hayley Mills have refused treatments like chemotherapy for her cancer, she felt that the chemo would kill her before the cancer ever did.
My Mum has a friend who was diagnosed with cancer a few years ago, and she flatly refused chemo.
She's still alive and seems more well than she was when she was diagnosed.
She is in her early 80s, so she must have calculated that she could die any day regardless. Her preference was to enjoy her life rather than suffer with the chemo. She'd seen what it had done to her late daughter - her final months were not a good time.

My Mum has a friend who was diagnosed with cancer a few years ago, and she flatly refused chemo.
She's still alive and seems more well than she was when she was diagnosed.
She is in her early 80s, so she must have calculated that she could die any day regardless. Her preference was to enjoy her life rather than suffer with the chemo. She'd seen what it had done to her late daughter - her final months were not a good time.
We watched a friend of ours with prostate cancer for a good few years suffering and being tortured with all the 'treatments' they tried on him. He passed away in the end, way too young, and said he would have been better off just living his life.
Suzanne Somers also opted for unconventional treatments for her breast cancer back in 2000, and she is still living happily.
I realize it's not for everyone, but after listening to many doctors for the last few weeks, I would research all the options first. Tests are one thing, treatments are a totally different story.

We watched a friend of ours with prostate cancer for a good few years suffering and being tortured with all the 'treatments' they tried on him. He passed away in the end, way too young, and said he would have been better off just living his life.
Suzanne Somers also opted for unconventional treatments for her breast cancer back in 2000, and she is still living happily.
I realize it's not for everyone, but after listening to many doctors for the last few weeks, I would research all the options first. Tests are one thing, treatments are a totally different story.
My cousin's husband has refused treatment. They are in Western Australia and his prostate cancer was detected early but the doctors still wanted to do surgery and chemo. He refused and that was 3 years ago. He gets his checkups and the cancer is no worse than it was 3 years ago. They are both going to a homeopathic doctor that they found recently. Before, in the states they had a good hoemopathic doctor that she found because of her misdiagnosed auto-immune disorder. He helped her a lot but passed away last year. He was an MD that went back to get homeopathic training because he actually wanted to keep people healthy.

I've been speaking to many Polish and European people recently at the hospital -
Seems that Europeans have a different approach to medical issues?
By that I mean, more holistic / natural remedies?

Thing is though, this woman knew the person who was going to be scheduled for surgery, she started drinking this juice each morning, and cleared up her artery problems herself. So what could be the harm in trying something natural?
She has many holistic and natural healing hints which she has been telling me. I myself don't like taking any types of 'medication', never did, opting to go for natural remedies if possible.
The medical industry is just that, an 'industry', interested in pushing their products.
I know some of their 'medications' are life-saving, but I plan to stay away from all of that as long as possible.
heh, big business isn't about fixing problems it's about selling solutions.

One thing I've noticed in recent years, that is a drastic change from when I was young.... when I was a child I heard the "three R's" of environmental impact: Reduce, Reuse, Recycle, nowadays people don't even bother with recycling all that much. Very few materials are economical to recycle. Reduce and Reuse though? corpo big wigs see them as reasons for customers to buy less stuff.

Everything is designed to be disposable... and that's the worst part of the environmental impact. It vastly increases the waste of the system when nothing gets re-used. Production of waste that can't be recycled is WORSE than 30 years ago. And you hear people in big-budget positions talking about the importance of the environment... while not doing anything. Because it's not a product... if you don't SELL it. you can't just... give people the ability to change the world.... you have to make them BUY it.

It is a concern that the WHO is overstepping it's role.
It's supposed to be an advisory body, not a legislative power.
Also, I expect you might receive a visit from the thread police over the inclusion of ....meh....'politics'...so maybe just tidy up that post a bit?

Vids at link.

In an era where medical misinformation and disinformation—especially anti-vaxx ideologies—abound and are expected by some experts to just get worse, it's great that folks like The Real Truther are trying their best to battle the lies.

Their latest video takes on MAGA wellness influencer and anti-vaxxer Brittney Kara's awful attempt at using "science" to explain why she believes vaccines cause autism (and let me be clear, they do NOT—the original study by Andrew Wakefield that claimed to find a causal connection has been thoroughly debunked).

The Real Truther also recently created this excellent line-by-line fact check of Robert Kennedy Jr. spouting lies about vaccines on Fox News. Regarding the Robert Kennedy, Jr. debunking, The Real Truther wrote:

Presidential candidate @RobertKennedyJr recently went on television & made claims about the Covid vaccine. Watch as I fact-check each one with evidence! Was he being honest? You decide.

https://boingboing.net/2023/05/30/t...i-vaxx-misinformation-and-disinformation.html

... she believes vaccines cause autism (and let me be clear, they do NOT ...
It's maybe not be as clear cut:
William Briggs (statistician):
Vaccines might cause autism, they might not. We can never know cause from these kinds of statistical models. What we can say is that this data is in the direction of the possibility. It is not against the idea. The idea therefore should be taken seriously and not screeched at as unworthy.
https://www.wmbriggs.com/post/47041/

A very lenient sentence given that people have been given three year sentences for blocking a road. Hopefully the DPP will appeal the leniency of the sentence.

An anti-vaccine conspiracy theorist has been sentenced to 12 months in prison for plotting to destroy 5G masts.

Christine Grayson, 59, discussed “getting rid” of the mobile phone masts with expanding foam and angle grinders, after “becoming obsessed” with the belief that they were linked to the Covid-19 vaccine.

A judge at Leeds Crown Court said she was a “person of good character” and a regular charity fundraiser, who started to post online about the dangers of 5G from 2021-22.

Judge Guy Kearl KC said that although Grayson “did not get beyond the planning stage”, she chose to take the law into her own hands, discussing methods of removing them, saying she needed a “sabotage team”, and posting videos of burning masts. ...

https://www.breakingnews.ie/world/a...for-plotting-to-destroy-5g-masts-1485220.html

So 12 months banged-up just for planning an action?
Seems incredibly harsh IMO.
I could be planning to drive at 100mph down the high street - would it mean I'm going to lose my drivers licence just for planning it without carrying it through?

I could be planning to drive at 100mph down the high street - would it mean I'm going to lose my drivers licence just for planning it without carrying it through?

If your online discussions indicated significant and increasingly detailed planning for such an event, the encouragement of others to do or support the same - and then accompanied these discussions with celebratory videos of other people driving at hazardous speeds down their own high streets, while belittling and dehumanising those who might be harmed or affected in other ways by such actions - then, I don't know if you'd lose your licence - but you might well end up in prison. And rightly so.

Last edited:

A teenager just got a life sentence for planning attacks on police.

People regularly get lengthy sentences for conspiracy.

Yes. The concept of the inchoate offence - the crime of planning for a crime that has not yet happened - is nothing particularly new.
There was even a film about it.

If your online discussions indicated significant and increasingly detailed planning for such an event, the encouragement of others to do or support the same - and then accompanied these discussions with celebratory videos of other people driving at hazardous speeds down their own High Streets, while belittling and dehumanising those who might be harmed or affected in other ways by such actions - then, I don't know if you'd lose your licence - but you might well end up in prison. And rightly so.
I find this concept particularly troublesome from a legal perspective since it eventually gets to the point of using nothing other than chat logs as evidence. Which doesn't sound bad... until you question whether the so-called evidence is actually real...

I find this concept particularly troublesome from a legal perspective since it eventually gets to the point of using nothing other than chat logs as evidence. Which doesn't sound bad... until you question whether the so-called evidence is actually real...
I suppose as well as venting real opinions, some people have an online alter-ego in which they act as an agent provocateur to get the rise out of others. There are plenty of piss takers out there. But what happens when a history of piss-taking, playing devils advocate and general online douchebaggery comes knocking at the door in a nee-nah taxi?

It’s worth actually reading the report:

Grayson’s co-defendant Darren Reynolds, who had been cleared of conspiracy to commit criminal damage in relation to 5G masts, was jailed for 12 years, with an additional year on licence, after being found guilty of eight terrorist offences linked to his “extreme right wing, antisemitic and racist views”.

Opening the case to jurors in April, prosecutor Tom Storey said the defendants knew each other through the social media platform Telegram, of which both were regular users between 2020 and 2022.

The same Telegram which probably still hosts Qanon stuff..

I suppose as well as venting real opinions, some people have an online alter-ego in which they act as an agent provocateur to get the rise out of others. There are plenty of piss takers out there. But what happens when a history of piss-taking, playing devils advocate and general online douchebaggery comes knocking at the door in a nee-nah taxi?
or playing an online TTRPG such as Cyberpunk Red where your characters sabotage a Corporate headquarters building... Can a text chat log distinguish between fantasy and reality?

As others have said, he was cleared of the conspiracy charge, but I'm surprised you cannot see the distinction.

Planning in this sense does not mean 'thinking about' or even 'intending'.

It involves taking preliminary steps that are required in order to carry out the crime: enlisting co-conspirators, selecting targets, discussing times and dates, compiling lists of equipment and discussing tactics, precautions and likely responses etc.

As others have said, he was cleared of the conspiracy charge, but I'm surprised you cannot see the distinction.

Planning in this sense does not mean 'thinking about' or even 'intending'.

It involves taking preliminary steps that are required in order to carry out the crime: enlisting co-conspirators, selecting targets, discussing times and dates, compiling lists of equipment and discussing tactics, precautions and likely responses etc.
that sounds... concrete, but how much of that is actually "just talk"?

that sounds... concrete, but how much of that is actually "just talk"?

Let's put it like this, would you be content for this forum to host threads on which members 'talk' in plausible detail about how they plan to commit crimes?

And if so, would you like to distinguish between crimes that are and are not acceptable to pretend to plan?

Let's plan an armed robbery? An arson attack? A murder? A rape? I've got a bank and a few victims in mind—but it's just talk.

Ok?

Just to clarify - I understand the premise of carrying out 'planning actions' as described and the conspiratorial nature of actual actions connected with planning that crime - I can see the distinction.
The thrust of my comment was particularly solely aimed at the process of simply 'thinking about' a crime being the prosecutable bit, without any of the other associated activities having been carried out.
I'm not an idiot.

Well, I am an idiot, but just not in that sense.

The thrust of my comment was particularly solely aimed at the process of simply 'thinking about' a crime being the prosecutable bit, without any of the other associated activities having been carried out.
Thoughtcrime!

Back