• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Forteana & Weirdness On YouTube

I came across this channel devoted to wild camping recently. Grizzly Gaz. He's pretty stoic and down to earth (don't be fooled by the rather sensationalist thumbnails), but sometimes encounters some weird stuff. Examples below.

Any idea what that weird thing he caught on camera is?

Last edited:
Where are these woods?

My guess is the noises are made by nocturnal animals but we don't recognise them as such because most of us don't spend a lot of time in the woods at "daft o'clock"
The sound of something bi-pedal running away was a bit creepy though.

I don't think he ever gives locations because he wants to keep his camping sites nice.

He has met a homeless man before, and captured a person staring into his trail cam in the middle of the night, so it's possible it was humans (and their dogs?) messing around.

This is the video I meant to post. Weird pig noises (people have suggested badgers) and a strange flying object - about 30 minutes in - could it be a bat?

I love the great outdoors, and I also love the possibility that there are strange, unknown things lurking out there :)

I came across this channel devoted to wild camping recently. Grizzly Gaz. He's pretty stoic and down to earth (don't be fooled by the rather sensationalist thumbnails), but sometimes encounters some weird stuff. Examples below.

Any idea what that weird thing he caught on camera is?

Weird noises in UK woods? Usually it’s foxes to blame, though that noise seemed a little bit unusual even for fox vocalisation. The closest seemed to be gekkering (you’ve learnt a new word now, haven’t you?) FF to 1:20:

- Or a human being dicking around…

maximus otter

Pierre Domec has a most unusual YouTube channel. It is cosplay recreations of battles in the classic American West, with all parts (calvary, Native Americans, pioneers) played by women. Fun and strange at the same time!

Pierre Domec has a most unusual YouTube channel. It is cosplay recreations of battles in the classic American West, with all parts (calvary, Native Americans, pioneers) played by women. Fun and strange at the same time!

no-nooo.gif

maximus otter

I was about to go to bed as a weird YouTube clip unfamiliar to me by user or appeared in my feed and I thought to capture it here for the benefit of all. I didn't watch it even, I could just tell it was interest so I linked it and shut down everything to go to bed. Based on the policy, I'll just resist the urge to capture the link next time.

It's certainly an interesting video. I kinda suspect they were too optimistic. Not about future technical developments, but the idea that it would be used for positive change.

I recently noticed the 'Bite Sized Audio' Channel on Youtube, dealing with Ghost/Horror/Supernatural tales, mainly from Victorian/Edwardian era

Have particularly taken to this one here, 'The Haunted and the Haunters' by Edward Bulwer-Lytton .Always like the background information on both the author and story that appear on this Channel.

Weird noises in UK woods? Usually it’s foxes to blame, though that noise seemed a little bit unusual even for fox vocalisation. The closest seemed to be gekkering (you’ve learnt a new word now, haven’t you?) FF to 1:20:

- Or a human being dicking around…

maximus otter
Good shout. It is very unusual and I agree the he seems legit. Bit odd that the noise seems so close and yet a fox would have been very aware of his presence. Could it be harmonics from the wind on a cable or tight wire...?

Good shout. It is very unusual and I agree the he seems legit. Bit odd that the noise seems so close and yet a fox would have been very aware of his presence. Could it be harmonics from the wind on a cable or tight wire...?
is the fox aware? probably. does it feel threatened? Maybe not. Foxes are like dogs in that they can get to be accepting of Humans. Maybe this one just hangs around areas with people a lot?

Wait... I should go back and watch it again.

Haha, he's camping with a dog, and a woman walking her dog comes by and the dog eats his dog's food. :D

Hmmm this is clearly an area with plenty of exposure to people. Anything living here is gonna be familiar with people.

So yeah, the vocalizations in part one.... don't sound Human to me. Kinda sound like fox or maybe owl.

An interesting compilation of weird reality glitches. Some that have a ready explanation... and some that can't be easily explained:
mostly old stuff, a lot of these would be far less spooky if they weren't shaky cam.

Leap in the Dark Room for Inward Light
I like the comment warning that it's Brian Blessed and to turn down the volume:).

Off topic, but when I was in my teens I spent a week each summer in Stratford ON with family friends. I saw Brian Blessed in The Lion in Winter at the Stratford Theatre. I had no clue how well known he was. I had a seat to the side of the stage, so watched when the actors walked to the wings. Can't remember much more than that lol.

Back