• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

What Dying People See

My maternal grandmother was living in a nursing home when she died.
My mother was at a nursing home receiving palliative care when me and my brother came to visit in the morning. We were told by the Staff to go off and find a coffee whilst she was being given a wash and bedding changed etc. When we came back, the Doctor came out of Mum's room - he'd been on his rounds and shoo'd away by the Staff until they'd finished. In the two minutes between the Staff leaving and the Doctor entering her room, she had passed away, alone and in the quiet. No real surprise, Mum knew exactly what she was doing.

I know (and have reported on here) that my mum saw her sister and my dad just before she died. They were in the room with her but just quietly going about their business. My dad, in fact, was reported as sitting in a chair, just reading. So it wasn't that they were welcoming her into the afterlife, just that they were - there.

I know (and have reported on here) that my mum saw her sister and my dad just before she died. They were in the room with her but just quietly going about their business. My dad, in fact, was reported as sitting in a chair, just reading. So it wasn't that they were welcoming her into the afterlife, just that they were - there.
Where abouts is that post.

Back