• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

The Transdimensional Gas Station

rev_dino wrote
Perhaps "they" just aren't that good!

Sure, they've travelled across the galaxies, through time and space to grab our DNA and fiddle with our cows, but maybe they're as complacent with and bored by their jobs as we all are...

LOL !!!!! The very idea !!! I see in my mind's eye all these little chaps sneaking a drink when they're supposed to be finding a landing site, or too bored to push the correct sequence of buttons to implant a decent false memory. Shooting the interstellar equivalent of rubber-bands at each other when they're supposed to be monitoring us !!!!

The receipt still intrigues me. Do you still got it?
Many receipts got dates.
What date did the station manager write on the receipt?

SameOldVardoger said:
The receipt still intrigues me. Do you still got it?
Many receipts got dates.
What date did the station manager write on the receipt?

Yep I think the receipt is a really key element to this story - "It Happened To Me and I Have Evidence!!"

So any progress?

graylien said:
Interesting point. So by serving dodgy fuel, the phantom gas station was actually perhaps deliberately drawing attention to itself?

It wouldn't have been dodgy to the gas station owner though!

No wonder the guy looked a bit freaked out ( rocking side to side) if a timeslip had occured he would be thinking you were from the future. Myabe if FT was available then he would be posting... " today two strange men came to my gas station with a wierd craft..." lol!

I wonder how often this might happen to other people. Not specifically a trans-dimensional gas station, but some odd event that triggers some thought of 'Hey, that was wierd', and then when one tries to return to the scene, nothing is there, or the place is different, but one just shrugs and thinks one was mistaken about the location, or time, or something. I know I have had the experience of looking at something, looking away, and looking back only to think, 'Wait, wasn't that different?' but am unable to determine in what way the object is different. Can't give any specific examples, I just know I have thought "Wow, alteration of reality!' at times. And I've been a little disturbed by it.

I may be a little late getting back onto this topic. But I just realised a misconception that emps had, stemming from a point I attempted to make.

Whitleys memories of places that turned out not to exist were supposedly due to the fact that he was able to visit these places in a different dimension if you will. They are not known to be implanted memories from aliens. It was a matter of them putting him into a different awareness where he was able to goto these places, places which more often than not ended up having a ship waiting to bring him aboard. One would think that the aliens did not exist in our natural timeframe, but of a different resonance possibly. It was made out to be almost a trap for him if you will. This is my understanding of it, and not that they were implanted memories but rather real places non-existant in this plane.

Spake Human_84 thusly
did not exist in our natural timeframe, but of a different resonance possibly

As over-done as the theory is (in cheap Sci-Fi), the possibility of different dimensions seems to stay perennial. It could explain this thread, and certain others. I've been reading Redfern's latest about Saucer Spies, and he notes we really don't have a reasonable explanation for MIB. Setting aside CIA play-acting, it would seem the little blokes pop in from the dimension next door. Perhaps UFO's slipping into our space-time causes some alarums to sound, bringing the MIB running. Perhaps Keel's cosmic jokers is closer to the truth than most think. This thread could be evidence of a dimension-slip.

dubious

The fact that the person who tells this story has never posted the receipt seems to make this very dubious. I mean, if you had the receipt you'd post it wouldn't you? You just would wouldn't you?

AA

Prof_Pretorius said:
This thread could be evidence of a dimension-slip.
I've been reading up on Time Slips recently. There are quite a few cases of people seeing buildings which they later discover are not actually there (occasionally they even vanish right before the witnesses' eyes). Often, research proves that a building similar to that seen once existed on the spot. But there are also cases where the building never seems to have existed. Could the witnesses have been seeing a quick glimpse of a parallel Earth?

Re: dubious

AngelAlice said:
The fact that the person who tells this story has never posted the receipt seems to make this very dubious. I mean, if you had the receipt you'd post it wouldn't you? You just would wouldn't you?

AA

It has taken him a long time to scan and post it.
I still want to see it, although of course the lack of photo proof doesn't make me doubt the account. It would just make the whole thing a bit more interesting.

graylien said:
Could the witnesses have been seeing a quick glimpse of a parallel Earth?

What about a future Earth?

Re: dubious

AngelAlice said:

AA
Stanforda said:
It has taken him a long time to scan and post it.
I still want to see it, although of course the lack of photo proof doesn't make me doubt the account. It would just make the whole thing a bit more interesting.

Hmmm...I'm afraid it does make me a little more dubious. I am always open to possibilities, but if someone claims to have a piece of proof then doesn't produce it, the claim starts to look a little like showmanship; and that reduces the overall plausibility of his account in my view.

AA

Well, but the receipt wouldn't prove anything. It would be an extra piece of data to mine, as we analyzed what we could see of the typeface, the ink, the date, the amounts, etc., but it's just a piece of paper, easily mocked up if fake and easily devoid of evidential content if genuine.

Personally I never expected him to find it. Even non-Fortean, visibly important things get eaten by fairies in the move. (I want my first edition of The Last Unicorn and The Forgotten Beasts of Eld back!) Old gas station receipts get thrown out by the sackful.

PeniG said:
Well, but the receipt wouldn't prove anything. It would be an extra piece of data to mine, as we analyzed what we could see of the typeface, the ink, the date, the amounts, etc., but it's just a piece of paper, easily mocked up if fake and easily devoid of evidential content if genuine.

Personally I never expected him to find it. Even non-Fortean, visibly important things get eaten by fairies in the move. (I want my first edition of The Last Unicorn and The Forgotten Beasts of Eld back!) Old gas station receipts get thrown out by the sackful.

PeniG - you're right actually. It would be so easy to fake. You could probaby find an old notebook of a suitable antiquity with no trouble. And yes, there is the Trickster element to it all; the 'strange' needs to exist sans proof as an essential part of itself

AA

Heck, I can't find receipts from last week that I left on my dresser.

And yes, there is the Trickster element to it all; the 'strange' needs to exist sans proof as an essential part of itself
Yes! This is a thought I've wondered about and I dont remember seeing it discussed here much. The fact that UFOs and critters from the Fortean realm never leave indisputable proof of their existence. Even when there seems to be proof, it turns out to be just shy of what would be needed to be indisputable. As if by design.

This could mean one of two things.

Either this whole class of phenomena leave no proof because they really don't happen at all because they are nothing more than misperceptions and cognitive hiccups....which becomes *very* hard to believe when one has had a compelling, completely convincing personal experience....

- or -

they are "real" entities and events that are intrinsically unproveable, possibly because they don't really occur "on this plane", or possibly because something out there is intentionally f***ing with us! :shock:

IamSundog said:
Yes! This is a thought I've wondered about and I dont remember seeing it discussed here much. The fact that UFOs and critters from the Fortean realm never leave indisputable proof of their existence. Even when there seems to be proof, it turns out to be just shy of what would be needed to be indisputable. As if by design.

This could mean one of two things.

Either this whole class of phenomena leave no proof because they really don't happen at all because they are nothing more than misperceptions and cognitive hiccups....which becomes *very* hard to believe when one has had a compelling, completely convincing personal experience....

- or -

they are "real" entities and events that are intrinsically unproveable, possibly because they don't really occur "on this plane", or possibly because something out there is intentionally f***ing with us! :shock:

Sundog, if there isn't a thread on this I think you should start one.

AA

IamSundog thus spake
they are "real" entities and events that are intrinsically unproveable, possibly because something out there is intentionally f***ing with us!

(Ahem) The reason is clear!! These things 'really' happen, but there are psychic event dustmen who come along and 'sweep' up evidence. Look at all the tales of UFO pics which vanished into the hands of the MIB!! Look at the thread about the falling object, which disappeared quickly!! Certainly, at least if you believe Mr. Redfern, the government follows events up with agents who try their best to get evidence out of the hands of witnesses, by hook or by crook. But there are also ultradimensional 'sweepers' who pop by to remove bits such as this chap's receipt. Mystery solved !!

graylien said:
Prof_Pretorius said:
This thread could be evidence of a dimension-slip.
I've been reading up on Time Slips recently. There are quite a few cases of people seeing buildings which they later discover are not actually there (occasionally they even vanish right before the witnesses' eyes). Often, research proves that a building similar to that seen once existed on the spot. But there are also cases where the building never seems to have existed. Could the witnesses have been seeing a quick glimpse of a parallel Earth?

... or a future one?

a timeslip into the future could be the cause of seeing a building thats never existed, as it hasnt ...yet.

Research proves? to use a rynnerism. Whoop whoop whoop. Logic police. Evidence may demonstrate or suggest, it does not prove.

Yeah... a few of us here would like to get a look at that receipt Auro, if thats a possibility.

they are "real" entities and events that are intrinsically unproveable, possibly because something out there is intentionally f***ing with us!
(Ahem) The reason is clear!! These things 'really' happen, but there are psychic event dustmen who come along and 'sweep' up evidence. Look at all the tales of UFO pics which vanished into the hands of the MIB!! Look at the thread about the falling object, which disappeared quickly!! Certainly, at least if you believe Mr. Redfern, the government follows events up with agents who try their best to get evidence out of the hands of witnesses, by hook or by crook. But there are also ultradimensional 'sweepers' who pop by to remove bits such as this chap's receipt. Mystery solved !!

He hasn't posted anything anywhere since last May.....
Oh no! The psychic event dustmen got him! It's even worse than we thought! :eek!!!!:

Yeah hes not been around for a few months but frankly I believed him. This story, and the first one on the black stick men thread (with the black blob coming out of the guys hair and zipping around the room) sold me on this site.

You know, HenryFort, so did I. I hope it's not just because I wanted to believe him.

The guy was going through a tricky spell as I remember, at the time of posting. Anyway, I can totally relate to the "not being able to find proof of other dimensions" thing because Ive been dying to write up an extremely bizarre coincidence from my mid-teens, and I have somewhere a letter, with the top address corner torn off, that supports the story. Thing is, I havent seen it since my mid-teens, so its about 21 years old now.

Be surprised if I havent still got it though. Its in here somewhere under all this Trebus...

Please tell us the story, HenryFort. If everyone waited to find their "proofs" before posting, there'd be no good stories here!

meowfur said:
Please tell us the story, HenryFort. If everyone waited to find their "proofs" before posting, there'd be no good stories here!
yeah but you know what some of them are like on here, they need the proof. I really want to wait until I come across the letter as it is integral the story.

Hi there
This story had me gripped right from the start and its extremely interesting to read. I spent over an hour sat here reading all the replies to see what people had to say. I was wondering what has happened to the OP and is he still using these forums or not and if we could get a look at the receipt he has from the gas station.
Thanks.

All about Aouroborous

Last visit time: Fri Jul 14, 2006 12:47 pm

It is such a good account, I hope he gets back to us one day.

Yes it is a very interesting story & a substantial one, I mean a building vanishing is not something that could be mistaken.
Is the invoice that important? I don't think so but nice to see. I remember the originator of this thread was going through a divorce when he last posted (last year), maybe he will revisit even if he hasn't been able to find the invoice.
Are there anymore such threads here?

Regards Tony

Back