• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Incest Is Best?

Incest

There was a recent case of mother-son incest in Cumbria. Mother, 47, conforted her son, 18, when he had a panic attack, "one thing led to another" and they had sex. (They were resting together on the bed before anything transpired, which may possibly explain the origin of the panic attack.)

When relatives learned of the incest one family member was sufficiently disgusted to call the police. The mother now faces the possibility of a prison term. (The son seems to face no charge, although he was of age, so I don't fully understand why.) The British press ran their photograpgs under the headline "The Shameful Pair."

My question: why did they TELL anybody?

It also strikes me that the best court defense would be to say "Of course we didn't do anything like that - I don't even know how that silly and vicious rumor got started."

Surely any British (or American) jury would wipe its collective forehead, breathe a long sigh of relief, say "THAT's a mercy - it didn't happen after all," and vote Not Guilty.

PS. And then, of course, you sue the "Shameful Pair" tabloids. <g>

I am old enough to remember the murder trial of the exceptionally beautiful Southern belle Candace (Candy) Mossler in the Spring of 1965 (as I recall). She was accused of murdering her multi-millionaire husband, partially to cover up a torrid affair she was having with her own sister's son. (He was tried with her.)

Although there was considerable evidence against Candy and her nephew, the jury voted Not Guilty.

What the jury members SEEM to have done is to say among themselves, in effect, "What we are dealing with here is a classic Greek Tragedy. We can either become one with it or vote Not Guilty and back away quickly, touching nothing on the way out."

OldTimeRadio said:
PS Felix, could your author have been writing about a specific Christian denomination, small in size, which doesn't believe in intermarriage iwith other Christians? There is, for example, a sect known as "secret' or "hiding" Christians which was formed as a "catacomb"-style church during the few anti-Christian persecutions of centuries ago and remains so even though the group has been perfectly legal for hundreds of years.

Sorry OTR, just noticed your earlier message.

I seem to rememember that it was a small previously persecuted group, I think it was based in Nagasaki. I only scanned this part quickly as I was interested in the main study & it's conclusions.

At the time I was working with families with children or relatives with learning disabilities. In many villages this was blamed on inbreeding, with a lot of guilt within families. Some kids worried about their choice of partner.

The report was some thing to hand them to suggest that learning disability & possible inbreeding need not be related.

I know it's a cop out, but I no longer have my master copy, I left it behind when the NHS retired me!!!!!!

The mother of all secrets
Michael Ward was a failed actor, a feted photographer and an insatiable womaniser. But there was one relationship he could never talk about — until now. By Deirdre Fernand

[-----]

Keeping secrets is what this particular family does best. Theo, who died in 1875, was the great-grandfather of the photographer Michael Ward, born in 1929. Theo’s last three words, handed down from father to son, are entirely in keeping with this most hush-hush of households. Yet Ward, a former actor and Sunday Times photojournalist, has now broken with tradition, opening the cupboard to the clatter of more than one skeleton. In his memoirs, Mostly Women, family secrets explode like lobbed grenades. There is a grandmother who turns to drink, a father who collects mistresses, a wife who takes lovers, children who are abandoned.

But most explosive of them all is that Ward, aged 15, enjoyed a sexual relationship with his mother. “I didn’t know her as a mother at all,” he says. “She was sexually voracious. She was very attractive and she seduced me.” In the book he explains:?“Secrets are parts of our lives we keep to ourselves for reasons of shame or practicality. When we’re young, we share them with nobody, but as we get older and more able to understand them, we start sharing them with others, sometimes to relieve our anxieties, sometimes to celebrate achievements in our lives… I think of my five marriages and mother, and our long-kept, shaming secret.”

That revelation sets the tone for this tale of fast cars and faster women, infidelity and incest among the upper-middle classes.
[-----]
He wrote the book not only to lay ghosts to rest but also for his two daughters, now grown up. “I wanted to do it for them, to say, ‘Look, this is what Daddy did.’ I didn’t want them to have to look through dog-eared prints in boxes.” And the incest? “There is no point writing any kind of autobiography if you’re not going to be completely honest.”
[-----]

Ward was the only son of two actors. His father, Ronald, appeared on the West End stage opposite Sir John Gielgud and Dame Edith Evans, among others. His mother, Peggy Willoughby, was a dancer and actress. Starting as a chorus girl, she moved in similar circles, appearing in a Broadway revue in 1924 with Noël Coward and Gertrude Lawrence.

As Ward says, his parents were talented, beautiful and “spectacularly careless”. He describes his father as a “partial alcoholic” who married three times and took many lovers, including the actress Tallulah Bankhead. His mother is dismissed as a “nymphomaniac”. She married five times.

But for Ward, “father” and “mother” are perhaps misnomers. Ronald and Peggy split up soon after he and his sister, Patricia, were born, the children shuttling between grandparents and willing aunts. Aged three, he and Patricia, two years older, were sent to boarding school. Between the ages of 3 and 15, he saw his mother only twice when she joined him in two seaside holidays. He would write “Dear Mummy” letters to her from boarding school, talking about rugby fixtures. She would send affectionate replies. “I don’t remember her being tactile or cuddling me. She was busy leading her own life.” The physicality would come later.

His father made more effort, taking him out for exeats when the theatre allowed it. “I think my father did a better job of being a father than my mother did a mother,” he says.

[---]
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0, ... 60,00.html
An interesting life!

Incestuous German pair fight case
A German brother and sister who live as a couple and have four children are going to Germany's highest court to try to legalise their relationship.
The 29-year-old brother has already spent more than two years in prison for sleeping with his sister, and could be incarcerated again, his lawyer said.

The pair are currently drawing up an appeal to take before Germany's constitutional court.

They argue they are being denied the right to sexual freedom.

The pair did not grow up together. Patrick, the brother, had been adopted by a couple from Potsdam while his sister, Susan, grew up with their mother.

But when he reached adulthood he wanted to track down his biological parents. He found his mother, and he met Susan.

About six months later, the mother died, and Patrick moved in with Susan. In 2001, their son, Erik, was born. He was subsequently taken into foster care.

Three more children were born between 2003 and 2005. In November of that year, the pair were tried for incest.

Patrick was sentenced to two-and-a-half years in prison. His sister, then 21, was put into the care of youth services.

According to Spiegel online, while Patrick was in prison Susan had a fifth child with another man.

Their lawyer, Endrik Wilhelm, told the BBC News website that the pair are now living together again and plan to lodge their case within six weeks.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/6379785.stm

Didn´t the Zoroastrians encourage sibling marriages? I think in Pakistan there is also supposed to be quite a few of them.

Einstein apparently married his cousin. Think Darwin did too. You´d think two men like these would know better.

Xanatico said:
Didn´t the Zoroastrians encourage sibling marriages?

They seem to have promoted PARENT-CHILD marriages. At least the Greek historians said so. And one Greek traveller in Persia, staying as the houseguest of the local satrap was matter-of-factly introduced by the satrap to his children: "These are my children by my wife - and these are my children by my Mother."

I think in Pakistan there is also supposed to be quite a few of them.

You are speaking of the modern Parsis (the word "Parsi" originally meant "of Persia"). But the incest seems to have ended in ancient times.

Einstein apparently married his cousin. Think Darwin did too. You´d think two men like these would know better.

Better than what? It doesn't seem to be biologically dangerous and is legal in many places, including several US states.

The mechanism by which humans develop their anti-incest feelings is studed at the link below.
http://www.livescience.com/humanbiology ... ector.html

The most interesting thing here, to me, is the "moral wrongness" scale off to the right. As is often the case in scientific studies, the experiment design is as enlightening as the results. All but 2 of the top-ten "morally wrong" items are sexual in nature; but notice which offenses are essentially on twice, with the sexual identity of the agressor providing the only distinction between two items, and which ones offer no gender-based choices. No same-sex sexual offenses are explicitly offered, and a distinction is made between sex and marriage. Spousal murder is specified twice, but other forms of murder do not figure at all.

These are in all probability choices offered by the scientists conducting the study, not spontaneous categories arising from the study. I wonder whether the full journal write-up includes discussion of the process by which these categories were selected out of all the crimes and socially-unacceptable behaviors available to them.

How dangerous cousin marriage is depends on degree of consanguinity and the genetic makeup of the family; how forbidden it is depends on local mores and kinship structure. I think most Americans would say that second cousins were okay, but you'd find some disagreement about first cousins. I remember, long ago, reading a book which contains the sentence: "But they can't get married. They're double first cousins!" A brother-sister pair had married a brother-sister pair who were the children of their aunt and uncle, and now their offspring were making googoo eyes at eachother, and the kids had to be split up because that was just too icky. In a society that was strictly matrilineal or patrilineal (in which the kinship system recognizes the mother's family or the father's family, but not both), they might not even have been considered related!

Unless there's bad recessives in the line, inbreeding doesn't have to be a problem, anyway. It's popular in certain animal breeding circles, as you can reinforce traits more rapidly with inbreeding.

No I meant that in Pakistan there is supposed to be a lot of sibling marriages, which cause a large number of microcephalic kids. Armand Leroi spoke about this at a lecture.

PeniG said:
The most interesting thing here, to me, is the "moral wrongness" scale off to the right.

The list makes Mother-Son sex less immoral than Father-Daughter, although that seems against the common wisdom. But I suppose it can be argued that in true, consumated Mother-Son sex the son has to be at least biologically an adult and to also express some will-to-action in his participation. (However, the list uses "consensual" for both sexes, which would presume that the daughters are also adults and thus able to give consent.)

But I'm wholly confused that according to the list both Father-Daughter and Mother-Son marriage is less immoral than just plain incestuous sex without any vows. That's about as weird as "morality" gets.

And I have a deep-seated personal prejudice against "morality lists" which attempt to rate murder against, say, bank robbery. To me they don't compare even in degree.

more on Patrick and Susan:
Brother and sister fight for right to continue their incestuous affair
By Tony Paterson in Berlin
Published: 26 February 2007

Patrick Stübing was adopted and did not meet his biological family for the first time until he was 18. It was a fateful encounter, leading to his life being torn apart by sexual love for his sister and more than two years in jail for committing incest.

Mr Stübing, 29, and his sister Susan, 24, who have four children together, announced plans yesterday to take their case to Germany's constitutional court in an attempt to overturn the century-old law that incest is a crime.

"We want the law which makes incest a crime to be abolished," said Mr Stübing - who faces the prospect of another jail term for continuing his relationship with his sister. "We do not feel guilty about what has happened between us," both added in a joint statement.

The couple's case has sparked wide controversy. Many of Germany's European neighbours, such as Belgium, Holland, and France, do not treat incest as a criminal offence.

Several German doctors have implied that the ruling is necessary to prevent illnesses caused by inbreeding. However, a growing number of politicians and legal experts have called for the law - which formed part of the "racial hygiene" policies of the Nazi era - to be scrapped.

"We are dealing with a piece of legislation which dates back to the last century and which no longer makes any sense," said Jerzy Montag, a spokesman for Germany's Green party.

The case of Mr Stübing and his sister defies popular notions about incest because the couple did not know each other during childhood. Adopted at the age of four in Communist East Germany, Patrick was only allowed to go in search of his real family when he reached 18.

His father had died in the interim, but he found his mother, Annemarie, and Susan in the east German city of Leipzig in 2000. Six months after the reunion, Annemarie died of a heart attack. Mr and Ms Stübing were the sole remaining members of a once-divided family. Drawn together in grief, they fell in love. "There was nothing we could do about it," Ms Stübing said.

They went on to have four children. All but one of them have been placed in care and two are mentally damaged as a result of inbreeding. In 2002, Mr Stübing was given a one-year suspended sentence after being found guilty on 16 counts of "illegal coitus" with his sister.

The authorities placed their first son, Eric, in the care of a foster family. Two other children followed in 2003 and 2004. Mr Stübing was subsequently jailed for 10 months for failing to respect the terms of his suspended sentence. Before starting his jail term, the couple conceived their fourth child, Sofia, who was born in 2005.

Mr Stübing and his sister found themselves before the courts again in November 2005 for having their younger children and Mr Stübing was sentenced to two and half years in jail for recommitting incest. His sister was placed under the care of a social services department.

Mr Stübing, an unemployed mechanic, was released from jail last year and is still living with his sister. Although he has had himself sterilised to avoid fathering more children, he could be sent back to jail at any time for persistently reoffending.

The couple insisted in an interview that they would not have had additional children if their son had not been taken away from them by the authorities. They said that all they wanted to do was to "live together as a family".

Endrik Wilhelm, the couple's lawyer, who will take their case to the constitutional court, said he believed they had a good chance of winning. He pointed out that no law forbids older people or those with hereditary diseases from having children even though, as in the case of incest, their children could suffer problems with mental development.

"This is a case about family rights and the right to sexual self-determination," Mr Wilhelm said. "Patrick and Susan are not doing anyone any harm."

http://news.independent.co.uk/europe/article2305517.ece

They went on to have four children. All but one of them have been placed in care and two are mentally damaged as a result of inbreeding.

Would incest-caused mental deficits show up in the first generation?

Dog-breeders don't experience problems (if any) until several generations down the line. They then outbreed for a generation or two before resuming the practice.

OldTimeRadio said:
They went on to have four children. All but one of them have been placed in care and two are mentally damaged as a result of inbreeding.

Would incest-caused mental deficits show up in the first generation?

Dog-breeders don't experience problems (if any) until several generations down the line. They then outbreed for a generation or two before resuming the practice.

It doesn't say what the herediatry conditions actually are. If both carry a recessive gene for certain disorders the chances of them showing up in the offspring are quite high.

The Amish have big problems with bad genes. I believe that is more of a cousin thing. :no-no:

Health issues

Some Amish are afflicted by heritable genetic disorders, including dwarfism (Ellis-van Creveld syndrome), and are also distinguished by the highest incidence of twinning in a known human population, various metabolic disorders and unusual distribution of blood-types. Since almost all of the current Amish descend primarily from the same few hundred founders in the 18th century, some genetic disorders from a degree of in-breeding exist in more isolated districts. However, Amish do not represent a single closed community, but rather a collection of different demes or genetically closed communities.[9] Some of these disorders are quite rare, or even unique, and serious enough that they increase the mortality rate among Amish children. The majority of the Amish accept these as "Gottes Wille" (God's will) and reject any use of genetic tests prior to marriage to prevent the appearance of these disorders and also refuse genetic tests to the fetus to discover if it has any genetic disorder.

There is an increasing consciousness among the Amish of the advantages of exogamy. A common bloodline in one community will often be absent in another, and genetic disorders can be avoided by choosing spouses from unrelated communities. For example, the founding families of the Lancaster County Amish are unrelated to the founders of the Perth County Amish community in Canada.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amish

But most explosive of them all is that Ward, aged 15, enjoyed a sexual relationship with his mother.

As I believe I mentioned earlier in this thread, the in-depth statistical researches I did on this very subject a decade or two back left me convinced that approximately 8/10ths of one percent of American men (at least) have experienced some sort of sexual contact with their mothers.

P. S. Apologies, Rynner, for somehow missing this item when you posted it 10 months ago.

My mother and father were first cousins (their mothers were sisters). Although it isn't illegal in the UK, they met a lot of opposition from relatives, some of whom refused to attend their wedding and seemed to enjoy telling them that any children they might have would be deformed...

However, a good few years down the line, me and my brother seem to be fine.

*wibble*

I grew up with a pure-bred collie as a pet. Stupidest animal I have
ever seen... unless it was one of the herding behaviors
she was bred for.

She barely learned how to walk up and down stairs --
but would guide every visitor from their car to the front door.
If other dogs came around, she would bump them in the shoulder
with the flat of her nose (supposedly that will break the neck of a
wolf.) She would never bark if a coyote howled close to the
house -- instead you could watch her silently walk out and
stand guard in the corner of the yard near where the cry originated.
Every child who came around was circled like a lost sheep.

Those behaviors were amazing to see in what was otherwise
a very dumb animal.

FWIW
TVgeek

TVgeek said:
She would never bark if a coyote howled close to the house -- instead you could watch her silently walk out and stand guard in the corner of the yard near where the cry originated.

Stupid, maybe, but loyal and protective.

TVgeek said:
I grew up with a pure-bred collie as a pet. Stupidest animal I have
ever seen... unless it was one of the herding behaviors
she was bred for.

a very dumb animal.

FWIW
TVgeek

Some purebreeds are really dumb. We used to have a Doberman, a really kind and loving animal by the way, who used to follow my dad when he went to work and would try to follow him through a closed door. After crashing head on, he would try again, and again, and again, until he was stopped by us. On the other hand, we had a tiny mix of maltese, fox terrier and GKWE (God Knows What Else) who was really smart, doing some incredible things, like letting us know that the phone rang when we were not home (he would stand next to it, looking earnestly at us), breaking olive seeds while holding them with his front paws in order to eat the soft part inside, and steak chewing gum from us, chew it and then discard it after it lost it's taste. And that guy was as lively and smart as a small kid.

On the other hand I have a mongrel who is completely unrecognisable as any breed but he is quite the stupidest animal I've ever known. He gets his own legs tangled when he stands up. :roll:

My third cousin groomed dogs and she always talked about how much smarter European-bred German Sheperds were than those bred in the US. It's partly what traits they're bred for.

A lot of animal breeders are getting much more picky about making sure their animals aren't closely related, these days, it seems.

TVgeek said:
I grew up with a pure-bred collie as a pet. Stupidest animal I have ever seen... unless it was one of the herding behaviors
she was bred for.

a very dumb animal.

FWIW
TVgeek

I've kept dogs all my life, usualy two or three at a time, both pedigree and cross breed/mongrels and nowadays, I won't have a pedigree dog as experience has shown them to usualy be stupid, and quite often aggressive.
The most intelligent dog I ever had was a Collie crossed with a Saluki/German Sheperd cross, which I've talked about at length here; http://www.forteantimes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6803&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=45
For the past 12 years or so I've had a couple of Staffordshire Bull Terrier/German Sheperd crosses, a male (who unfortunately died a while ago) and a younger female. They are about the size of a large pitbull but with slightly less muscle and a pointier face. These dogs are great. They make superb house pets, are very friendly, let the kids get away with anything, are well behaved, are easy to train but guard your property and loved ones very well. With these, I've found that the level of intelligence is just right. (A dog that's 'too' clever can become a problem, especialy if it has an independant nature.) They're just bright enough to be able to handle them with nothing more than voice command but just stupid enough to entertain you with the silly things they do. For instance, the male one, Albert, once chased a strange cat out of our house which shot out of the catflap we had for our cat. I heard a godalmighty *CRUNCH* and the next thing I knew, the dog trotted into the living room with the catflap, plus bits of the door (it was a cheap door!) wrapped around his neck. It was stuck tight and I eventualy had to cut it off him with a hacksaw.
I've also met quite a few sheep farmers and their dogs who tend to be 'generaly bred' Border Collies rather than 'pure bred.' Apparently, during the breeding of the line, they occasionaly throw some other breed into the mix like German Sheperd or Rough Collie, then breed the resulting offspring with another Border Collie to stop the line getting too stupid to train. The resulting dogs, no matter how intelligent or good looking will never get placed at Crufts as they are slightly different in appearence from their 'accepted' view of what a Border Collie should look like.

(A dog that's 'too' clever can become a problem, especialy if it has an independant nature.)

I quite agree. I have one stupid dog and one spookily intelligent (a collie cross). She is definitely too clever for her own good. Apart from anything else she's worked out how to play tricks on me like stealing my towel while I'm in the shower or hiding my socks when she can get them out of the laundry basket. The stupid dog wants nothing more out of life than to be cuddled, which is much more restful.

Lottery winner George Wass married to his sister Alice
EXCLUSIVE: Dark secret of £5m George
By Laurie Hanna 22/03/2008

A married couple who won £5.3million on the lotto are brother and sister.

George and Alice Wass share the same mother from different relationships.

The couple, who live in a caravan on an East London tip, met in 1983 when she traced her family roots. But the pair insist they had been told at the time they were not related.

Alice, 61, said last night: "I showed my mother photos of George and she said she'd never seen him before in her life."

They were introduced as long-lost brother and sister 25 years ago - and ended up as husband and wife.

George and Alice Wass insisted they had disproved claims they were related when they fell for each other at an emotional meeting in 1983.

But the £5.3million lottery winners' tangled love life was unravelled when the Mirror yesterday confronted them with records that showed they shared the same mum, Margaret Wass.

Alice, 61, who lives in a caravan on a rubbish tip with George said: "This is all coming out now. What am I supposed to do?

"If I'm getting you right, we've got the same mother but different fathers. You have learnt a lot more than I have." George, 63, walked out on his wife Mabel and their three children after he met widowed Alice.

Mabel said last night: "He was always nicknamed Crazy George so it was no real surprise when he did something like this."

Alice was introduced to George after she asked the Salvation Army to look into her childhood history when her 19-year-old daughter Valerie was murdered in 1983.

She said she never knew her mum - by then wed to Frederick Holding - was married before and was shocked to learn she had a half-brother.

But her mother's marriage certificate shows she was previously known as Margaret Wass.

Alice added: "The Salvation Army came back with the name George Wass. We met and George thought I was his sister and I thought George was my brother." They soon fell head over heels for each other and five months later he moved into her house in Stratford, East London.

Alice said: "We started having feelings for one another so I told George we had to part and never see each other again."

But she showed Margaret a load of photos he had given her of him and his dad Lionel Wass with brother Joseph. She denied knowing them.

Alice added: "I said 'Mum, is that my father?' It was an elderly man. She said, 'Alice, where have you got this from?'

"I replied 'I've been made to believe that is my father and if he is, this man here, George, is my brother.'

"She said, 'I've never seen that man in my life before.'" George added: "I don't know what my mother was and frankly I don't give a damn. If that was my mother, my old man would have told me."

The couple, who won the lotto jackpot last Saturday, wed in 1987.

George was born in India where Lionel was in the Army. After his birth the family moved back to England but his parents split. He was brought up by Lionel and lost touch with Margaret. Two years later, she gave birth to Alice in Ireland.

Nine years after that, in 1955, Margaret married Frederick, who Alice lists as her father on official documents. No birth certificate exists for George, who was born in a military hospital. And there appears to be no record of Alice's birth. It is possible, in the absence of these papers, that Alice was adopted which means they do not have the same biological mother. But Alice said the only mum she has ever known was Margaret.

Mabel, of Grays, Essex, confirmed he and Alice were introduced as brother and sister.

She said: "The Salvation Army wrote to him in 1983, saying they had tracked down a half-sister of his and asking if he would like to meet her.

"She came down to visit us. They had a connection but I had kind of expected that because they were brother and sister after all.

"Then she kept inviting him round to hers, asking him to help her do little things.

"That's when I thought they were a bit too close."

George and Alice, of Barking, East London, were thought to be staying in a hotel last night.

DAUGHTER MURDERED

Alice Wass is still grieving for daughter Valerie, who was murdered by her dad before he committed suicide.

Heartbroken Alice told the Mirror: "I might have won £5.3m but it will not give me back the one thing I want - Valerie."

Valerie, 19, was strangled and hidden under her bed in the family home in East London in October 1983.

The gruesome discovery only came after Aubrey Playfair, Alice's first husband, was found decapitated at a nearby railway line

Alice, who met George two months after the tragedy, said: "This money will do me no good because the one thing I want is dead. Since Valerie was murdered I've lived on tablets. I do not live the high life."

FORBIDDEN SEX APPEAL

By Tom Pettifor

Half the people separated from relatives at a young age experience strong sexual feelings when they are reunited.

Psychiatrists believe the natural repulsion brothers and sisters experience for each other as children acts as a barrier to incest.

But those who miss out on this process can develop obsessive feelings for their sibling in adulthood.

Research published in the British Medical Journal in 1995 found 50 per cent of people seeking post-adoption counselling "experienced strong sexual feelings in reunions" with their real family.

One example was Nick Cameron, 28, and his half-sister Danielle Heaney, 22, who were found guilty of incest.

The story of their bizarre relationship will be told in full in a Channel 4 documentary next week - Sleeping With My Sister.

Heaney, who has one child, was raised by her mother while Cameron was brought up in foster care. They had sex weeks after meeting in the summer of 2006.

The pair, from Kirkcaldy, Fife, were each put on probation for a year. But the court allowed them to continue their relationship as long as they didn't have sex.

http://tinyurl.com/2kazfe

Father and daughter have baby together after 30-year separation
Last updated at 07:11am on 7th April 2008

A father and daughter confessed on television last night to spending seven years in a sexual relationship and conceiving two children.

Jenny Deaves told how she was reunited with her long-lost father, John, 30 years after he left her mother.

She was 31 when they met again but instead of a normal father-daughter relationship, they fell in love.

As their own marriages failed, they became intimate.

"John and I are in this relationship as consenting adults," Jenny told Australia's 60 Minutes programme last night.

"We are just asking for a little bit of respect and understanding."

They showed their nine-month-old daughter Celeste, who appeared fit and healthy - although their first child died of a congenital disease within days of birth. Jenny, who has two children from a previous relationship, is now 39.

She said that soon after reuniting with John she saw him as a man first and her father second.

"I was looking at him, sort of going, oh, he's not too bad," she said. "Like you might look at a man across the bar at a nightclub."

Mr Deaves 61, who lives with his daughter in the town of Mount Gambier, South Australia, admitted he "initially" thought having sex with her was wrong, but "emotions took over".

"I knew it was illegal, of course I knew, but you know, so what," he said.

Jenny said the physical relationship with her father was like "a sexual relationship with any other man". Mr Deaves said it was "absolutely fantastic".

Last month Jenny and her father were placed on a good behaviour bond for three years by a judge in Mount Gambier after admitting two counts of incest.

A condition of the bond is that the couple do not have sex again. A police spokesman said they "were being monitored". :shock:

The father and daughter claimed on air that they have ended the sexual side of their relationship and would find it easy not to sleep together again because of the risk of imprisonment.

"We will continue living as a normal, happy family for years to come," Jenny said

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/a ... =1811&ct=5

What a lovely comment this was from the father:

"I knew it was illegal, of course I knew, but you know, so what," he said.

Sure she´s your daughter, but she has a cracking set of tits and is that not what really matters...

Xanatico said:
Sure she´s your daughter, but she has a cracking set of tits and is that not what really matters...
She was 31 when they met again but instead of a normal father-daughter relationship, they fell in love.
Well, she was quite old enough to know what she was doing as well! 8)

Quote:

....but:

"their relationship has been slammed by Ms Deaves' mother Joan, and by her father's second wife Dorothy, who also cast doubts on claims John and Jennifer Deaves had virtually no contact for 30 years before the relationship began."

More details of this strange & unpleasant story:

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/stor ... 02,00.html

They showed their nine-month-old daughter Celeste, who appeared fit and healthy - although their first child died of a congenital disease within days of birth. Jenny, who has two children from a previous relationship, is now 39.

What a selfish pair. What did they think they were doing?
What a horrible thing to do, to bring children, with a high chance of disease and deformation, into this relationship.

Nine (Network) probed over incest couple
April 09, 2008 01:30pm

"POLICE are investigating Channel 9 over an alleged payment for an interview with an incestuous father and daughter who have since gone to ground."

"The couple was convicted in the South Australian District Court in Mount Gambier last month of two counts each of incest relating to the conception of Celeste, and another baby who died in 2001 from a congenital heart defect.

Convicted criminals cannot profit directly from their crimes under Australian law.

Hamish Thomson, the executive producer of 60 Minutes, told The Australian that money was offered to the couple.

"We bought them some clothes and they might have to move town and we have offered to give them some money to cover the costs of their move, if that happens," he said.

“We bought them some clothes because they are very poor. We literally bought them clothes for filming, from Target.”

A police spokesman said officers from the southeast district, which covers Mount Gambier, were looking into the case.

"The matter is being investigated but police are not commenting on it," he said.

Mount Gambier's The Border Watch editor Frank Morello said the local community was horrified at the couple's relationship.

"There have been no letters to the editor but the general feeling on the street is one of shock and disgust," he said.

"Especially since the Deaveses went so public with their relationship - we feel sorry for their children and the stigma they'll suffer."

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/stor ... public_rss

Back