• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
Looks to me more like that Caribbean carnival/voodoo character, with the half white/half black face, and top hat. :shock:

*googles*

Yikes! :shock:

Yup, that's the sort of thing, but I was thinking of the one who had his face painted half black, half white.

There's this version of Baron Samedi from "Live and Let Die"

LALDGeoffreyHolder-786893.jpg

Hmmm, yup, looks about right.

I've also seen something like him in a music video. Looked at Little Reg's 'I'm Still Standing' but it's not that one.

Anyway... Tommy Cooper or Baron Samdi? Which is scarier to find on the bottom of your pie? :lol:

Top hats have a brim, but no tassel.

The pie image is Tommy Cooper - it's a sign he should be made a saint! 8)

That's not a tassel, it's the light catching the front of Baron Samdi's extraordinarily glossy topper.

rynner2 said:
Top hats have a brim, but no tassel.

The pie image is Tommy Cooper - it's a sign he should be made a saint! 8)

Was it a porkpie & was the pork cured?

A pie that looks like a face?

I've got a face that looks like a pie - is that the same thing?

'Jesus's face' spotted on the toilet door in Ikea Glasgow
The face of Jesus has been spotted in a toilet door in a Glasgow branch of Ikea.
By Tom Chivers
Published: 11:16AM BST 19 Oct 2009

A bearded face, with long flowing hair, is plainly visible on the wooden door of the men’s toilet in the Braehead outlet of the Swedish furniture and meatballs giant.

Some debate over whether the face truly represents the Son of Man, or whether it is in fact Gandalf out of the Lord of the Rings, or even a member of ABBA.

One shopper said: "It takes you by surprise. It is really clear in the wood.

"I was only heading to the toilet and found God. :D

"My wife thought He looked like Gandalf from Lord of the Rings but it is definitely more like the Turin Shroud.

"It's certainly not what you expect to find in an Ikea store. Mind you, you need a little divine intervention to get out of here sometimes."

In a further twist, Ikea bosses claim that the image is really Benny Anderson, of the Eurovision Song Contest-winning Swedish 1970s Europop outfit ABBA.

A spokeswoman said: "Swedishness is engrained in every part of our stores."

If the image is agreed to be Jesus, rather than a fictional wizard or a bearded, middle-aged pop singer, it may be the oddest place for a vision of the Saviour since a Welsh woman spotted His face in the lid of a jar of Marmite during breakfast in May this year.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstop ... asgow.html

Beatle Ringo Starr's face seen in water droplet on lotus leaf
The face of the Beatles’ drummer, Ringo Starr, has been seen in a droplet of water bouncing on a lotus leaf.
By Tom Chivers
Published: 1:55PM GMT 04 Nov 2009

A team researching water-repellent leaf behaviour at Duke University in North Carolina took the high-speed images, showing water drops bouncing on the surface of a leaf.

James Dacey, a reporter for Physics World, wrote the story up for the magazine’s website – and noticed the Octopus’s-Garden-composing, Thomas-The-Tank-Engine-narrating 1960s icon staring back at him.

Under the picture, captioned “The Starkey Effect: Ringo keeps psychedelia alive”, Mr Dacey says: “Bizarrely, everybody’s favourite mop-topped Liverpudlian seems to reveal himself in the high-speed photo images of water-droplets being ejected from the leaf surface.”

Starr’s features and mop-top haircut can indeed be seen in the images, even though they distort as the droplet bounces.

Mr Dacey told the Telegraph that this is the first time he has seen the image of a Beatle in a physics experiment.

There is some argument over whether the image is actually of George Harrison, rather than Ringo. Harrison is quoted as saying “Life is like a raindrop on a lotus leaf”, when talking about his battle with throat cancer. 8)

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/musi ... -leaf.html

Good gourd: Gardener grows marrow that looks like a duck
By Daily Mail Reporter
Last updated at 3:41 PM on 19th November 2009

At a glance, it could easily be a duck, ruffling its feathers as it sits in a nest.
But this incredible image actually shows a marrow grown by Marilyn and Lionel Partridge in their vegetable patch.
The remarkable vegetable even features an eye, after it scratched against a twig, while the 2in stalk perfectly resembles a beak.
Mrs Partridge, 62, said: 'I have never in my 40 years of gardening and growing my own vegetables come across anything that looks like an animal before.

etc...

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z0XUgZHFL9

Does it walk like a duck, quack like a duck, and smell like a duck? :D

rynner2 said:
Good gourd: Gardener grows marrow that looks like a duck
By Daily Mail Reporter
Last updated at 3:41 PM on 19th November 2009

At a glance, it could easily be a duck, ruffling its feathers as it sits in a nest.
But this incredible image actually shows a marrow grown by Marilyn and Lionel Partridge in their vegetable patch.
The remarkable vegetable even features an eye, after it scratched against a twig, while the 2in stalk perfectly resembles a beak.
Mrs Partridge, 62, said: 'I have never in my 40 years of gardening and growing my own vegetables come across anything that looks like an animal before.

etc...

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z0XUgZHFL9

This could go in a number of other threads, but it's here for starters:

Did Iran's president take part in a demo during a brutal afternoon in London (or was it a man who looked exactly like him?)
By Jason Lewis
Last updated at 12:28 AM on 29th November 2009
Comments (0) Add to My Stories

The features are unmistakable, the fervour irrepressible as President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad turns against a crowd of opponents.
But despite the uncanny likeness, officially this is not the President of Iran who oversaw the bloody suppression of his country’s democracy movement.
This picture was taken in London in 1984 and raises puzzling queries over Mr Ahmadinejad, 53.

Much of his rise to Iran’s presidency is shrouded in the secrecy which surrounds what has gone on in the pariah state since the Iranian Revolution in 1979 swept the late Ayatollah Khomeini to power.

etc...

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z0YFKG9INM

Jesus appears on iron

Iron_Sum_1536077c.jpg

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/new...71/Jesus-appears-on-iron-US-woman-claims.html

Mrs Cody, a 44-year-old mother from Massachusetts, spotted a likeness of Jesus in the residue on the burnt bottom of her old iron.

She immediately told her two daughters, who said "Mom, that's Jesus looking at us."

The medical secretary said the siting had renewed her religious faith. The image, which she first noticed last week, had reassured her that "life is going to be good", she said.

If indeed 'Jesus' was a Bohemian woman in her mid-20s. :lol:

Suggesting Jesus was an iron will get you into trouble with the Church of Scotland.

I only just realised she does her ironing in the garden....

GoldenCalf2.jpg

GoldenCalf.jpg

A wind-eroded calf in the mountains of the Sinai Peninsula, taken by me, last week.

Oddly enough, it is located only a five minute drive from the base of Mount Sinai, AKA Mount Moses, where apparently Moses received the Ten Commandments. And guess what was waiting at the bottom of the mountain for him, courtesy of the Children Of Israel........?

My theory is that this simulacra inspired the biblical reference to the Golden Calf....but then again, would it have been there a couple of thousand years ago? I think it's sandstone, relatively soft I guess.....of course, it could have been helped-along a little for the tourist trade.

Anyway, what do you reckon? Worth submitting to the mag? Or is it ridiculously famous already and I just missed it?

Last edited by a moderator:
Great one there Carlos, I'd submit it to the mag

Doesn't look like a calf to me, looks more like the cat from Bob the Builder, Pilchard is it? Fantastic photo, though.

I'm very impressed by the Miracle of the Tables Stuck to the Ceiling. :lol:

Also, I notice a whiteboard. Do I sense a smidgeon of creationist/evolutionist tension here? 8)

Back