Recent content by gattino

1. gattino

Coincidences

Another of those clusterings which give the impression of being prodded by...well..something...to take notice. Last week Youtube offered as suggested watching an old video clip of Oprah Winfrey interviewing a Dr Brian Weiss, a past life regression hypnotherapist and author of a book called Same...
  2. gattino

Dreaming Of The Dead

Reading my own sentence back there it strikes me as relatable to the incident i reported on here last year. Having directly addressed a photograph of my deceased mother, suggesting it would be nice to have some kind of new spooky incident to confirm survival and that all this stuff is real, the...
  3. gattino

Dreaming Of The Dead

Interesting all these accounts of dead parents denying - or being told - they're dead. I can't recall if I've already mentioned it in this thread but one of the earliest online conversations I remember having on the subject of ghost's etc on a social forum was a young man who report, as best as...
  4. gattino

Odd Sayings

There's a point - i don't know if the use of the adjective "soft" on its own is also local or, as imagined until this moment, in general use. But at any rate "don't be soft!" is used frequently as an alternative to daft or stupid.
  5. gattino

Odd Sayings

Some more terms i take (correct me) to be specifically Liverpool based, though they may be falling out of use. "Soft brush" a not too harsh pejorative noun for someone who is daft or prone to being silly or acting stupid. Less frequently someone who actually is hard of thinking. Typically used...
  6. gattino

Odd Sayings

Though not something you hear everyday "swit-swoo" is certainly familiar. Its very definitely an ironic vocalisation of the transcribed version of a wolf whistle. I can picture it written out in a speech bubble in comic strips such as Andy Capp. The dangling fingers beneath the chin is...
  7. gattino

The Disappearing Gardener

Well his name is Rip, so i don't fancy his chances
  8. gattino

Odd Sayings

No you were quite right - meff/meth meant methylated spirit drinker...ie a wino or tramp. The word was and is used to suggest someone is scruffy, dirty, poor looking. Perhaps girls were just more likely to pass comment on such things to each other. But it's certainly not female specific.
  9. gattino

Odd Sayings

After all these years, and only after employing the word myself in a shop the other week, has it occurred to me that this most local of local words is clearly a corruption of "antiquated" since that is precisely what it means. Staring me in the face - or the ear as the case may be - and it never...
  10. gattino

Things That Make You Go... WTF?

11. gattino

The chinese shopping app/site Wish is a never ending source of amusement with its utterly insane and inexplicable products. There's never a description in this form, just the 5 starred cornucopia of bewilderment. Todays addition to my news feed. Here kinky, kinky, kinky....
  12. gattino

Identifying Some 1970s Supernatural TV Dramas (UK)

A development! Still don't know what the tv drama was, but ive just stumbled on an account of an apparently famous incident of which my description must surely have been a dramatised re-enactment! For the story of the purported teleportation of Mrs Elizabeth Guppy skip ahead on this youtube...
  13. gattino

Flashback?
  14. gattino

Hmm..ive done a reverse image search, and the uncropped item does appear multiple times , the earliest dated version being december 2014. It does appear to be a genuine solid item. Though where it came from and whether it was ever sold is a different matter. https://i.redd.it/77fqryknknf31.jpg
  15. gattino

They'd say its nothing to sniff at but the bottom's fallen out of the market lately.