Recent content by ghughesarch

1. G

Dybbuk / Dibbuk Boxes: From Scroll Cabinet To Ghost-Hunting Fad

The same Pete Dickinson who once said "I'm not usually prone to having weird things happen to me, or around me" after reporting a "time slip" type story https://forums.forteana.org/index.php?threads/a-step-out-of-time.61730/#post-1616837 but who has also written about His haunted doll...
  2. G

Dybbuk / Dibbuk Boxes: From Scroll Cabinet To Ghost-Hunting Fad

'Amongst the clutter was a small scrap of paper, which seemed to be written by a rabbi.' do rabbis have a particular, distinctive handwriting that makes their messages easy to identify? is there a source for this, apparently quoted, story? Otherwise it's nonsense. As I said a few posts back...
  3. G

Borley Rectory

I don't think this link has been posted before. I found it a pretty damning, exhaustive, account of the Borley Rectory affair. http://www.foxearth.org.uk/BorleyRectory/
  4. G

Out Of Fortean Fashion

Oddly enough, Starlite turned up on Brian Dunning's site only last month. https://skeptoid.com/episodes/4684
  5. G

Does Anybody Recall This Weird Ghost Photo On Fortean TV?

But looking at the map, the 4.5 / 5 miles or so from the stables to Bluebell Hill would, in other directions, take in the whole of Maidstone, Leeds Castle, a couple of dozen historic villages, etc etc. All of which probably are bursting with local hauntings and legends. The problem with any...
  6. G

Time Or Dimensional Slips

He's at the Peter Haining end of reliability as a source.
  7. G

London Underground Oddness

It happened to a friend of mine 15 years ago - having failed to kill her, the attacker tried again on the next platform. https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/schizophrenic-tried-to-kill-women-by-pushing-them-onto-tube-track-568300.html and to make things worse, having been detained...
  8. G

A15 Lincolnshire Road Ghost (Ruskington/Sleaford)

Weirdness / overimaginative children / return of a Urban Myth, this week, at a playing field alongside the A15 about a mile and a half south of the turn off. "Boys chased in park by Killer Clowns" Sleaford Standard
  9. G

FT 379

My memory is that it was a short animation shown in a daytime break between programmes, as other PIFs were. I'd have been about 10 at the time. Edit - having had a look on youtube I think it was the "Action after Warnings" segment of Protect and Survive. And it was some years before "Threads"...
  10. G

FT 379

Maybe it wasn't part of the specific suite of Protect and Survive pifs, but I distinctly remember seeing an animation about the effects of fallout (it had electronic music and the fallout was represented by little dots swarming across the screen) as a standalone item on TV some considerable time...
  11. G

Burglaries & Other Crimes Facilitated By Toxic Gas Or Anaesthetic Agents

Not just celebrities it would seem, but people from Kings Lynn: Camper van couple ‘gassed by thieves’ on dream road trip A couple are cutting short a dream road trip after a break-in at a French service station during which they believe they were “gassed”. Pete Gosling, 26 and Lauren Hubbard...
  12. G

More Drone Persecution

Reading the story more closely, 'at the weekend he said he saw about six drones' is ambiguous. Six drones at once, or one drone on six occasions over 48 hours?
  13. G

More Drone Persecution

Or is it? Something's going on, but what? Man claims home plagued by midnight drone pests Police are appealing for help finding the person flying drones in Brandon in the middle of the night. A man has told police how his home was plagued by drones that hit his windows and interfered with his...
  14. G

FT 374

K-9 in the UK would almost always refer only to Dr Who's 1970s robot dog. 'Canines' would be a bit too 'scientific' for a news report.
  15. G

Psycho (Maskelyne's Whist-Playing Automaton)

there's *a* version of Psycho seen from about 30 minutes into this episode of Paul Daniels' show. Paul Daniels Magic Show