Recent content by MrRING

1. MrRING

Folk Horror

New film by the makers of the ABC's of horror is all in the folk territory, The Field Guide to Evil:
  2. MrRING

Family Abandons Home Owing To "The Watcher"

Top 10 Creepiest Quotes from the Watcher
  3. MrRING

Folk Horror

(partially cribbing my own post at another forum) Just saw Spider aka Zirneklis, a Latvian erotic horror film with a giant magician spider/god thing released through the Mondo Macabre label in the US, and it's one tremendously weird film: https://mondomacabro.bigcartel.com/prod ... il-edition...
  4. MrRING

Oh, The Irony

Erm, it's been all over the news here. He seems like a nice guy, but he's caught up in big forces. Lots of support for him from other artists though.
  5. MrRING

The 'Sharpened Pencils Up The Nostrils Examination' Legend

My brother works in a college testing facility, and there are extreme heightened emotions around exams, that's for sure.
  6. MrRING

The Weird Duke/Dukes Case In Georgia

I don't know exactly the best place for this one to go. In 2005 local teacher and former beauty queen Tara Grinstead disappeared and was never seen again. In 2017, after no further leads, Ryan Alexander Duke, who would have been a high school student of hers, was arrested and charged with...
  7. MrRING

Buddhist Funeral Services For Japanese Robot Dogs

Semi-related: Students set up candlelight vigil for delivery robot which caught on fire
  8. MrRING

Angel Of Mons / Doidge's Angel Hoax

The most recent Fortean Times (Nov. 2018?) that I read had an article on the Angels of Mons, which had a first person(ish) account that I thought was pretty interesting. In particular, the ball of light that the soldiers followed sounded a lot like a will o' the wisp... the wartime conditions...
  9. MrRING

Was John Wayne Right?

Texicans was one way the folks referred to themselves at that time...
  10. MrRING

Classic TV Ads

Just came across these and thought somebody would appreciate seeing them!
  11. MrRING

When Did London Stop Swinging?

Wow - it lasted much longer than I would have thought... but it did seem like in pop films & tv of that time the Swinging London style was still going.
  12. MrRING

When Did London Stop Swinging?

We know that in the madcap middle and late sixties, that "Swinging London" was a thing. Swinging London is no longer a thing, though, much as the hippy movement in the Haight, or the NY disco scene, or the 70's punk scene, or the 80's New Wave scene. All this led me to a question: when did...
  13. MrRING

Post-Apocalypse Movies

I liked it too - an imaginative take on radiation mutations... unfortunately I imagine most people today would only see it as MST3000 fodder
  14. MrRING

Post-Apocalypse Movies

1955's Day The World Ended shows a very different kind of apocalypse
  15. MrRING

Fortean Films

Two projects that I helped Kickstarter. The first, an animated film: The second is a piece of live-action whimsy: