Recent content by PeteByrdie

1. PeteByrdie

Rat Type Of Dog Type Of Thing

Daft question, but are you sure it wasn't a hare?
  2. PeteByrdie

Otter actually sounds more likely if the creature was 'running' or 'bounding'. Coypus sort of hop when they're moving quickly.
  3. PeteByrdie

I'm fairly sure I saw a coypu in Norfolk, and zoologist Karl Shuker thinks he saw one I think somewhere in the west Midlands.
  4. PeteByrdie

Day Of The Animals

They should just give all military dogs a set of titanium gnashers. And fricking laser beams on their fricking heads.
  5. PeteByrdie

The Planet Venus

These are awesome! I want to be a steampunk airship pirate above Venus.
  6. PeteByrdie

Star Trek

I've long since tired of Star Trek but I thought, for the most part, Deep Space Nine was the high point of the franchise. I followed it for quite a few seasons. A sad loss! RIP Aron
  7. PeteByrdie

Coincidences

A happy little coincidence to relate. A week before her birthday, I asked my mother what present she'd like. She asked for a cure for my father, who has been having treatment for lymphoma. On Friday, her birthday, he got the all clear. Birthday wishes do come true! Or it's a coincidence. How...
  8. PeteByrdie

Viking Berserkers: What Did They Drink?

A recent video by one of my favourite youtubers, Skallagrim. I don't know whether it helps with the specific subject of the thread cuz I watched it when it was released and i can't remember now (and i don't have time to watch it again). But assuming anyone viewing this thread is likely to be...
  9. PeteByrdie

Cú Chulainn: Irish Folklore Hero; Irish Berserker?

Well, I'm not so sure that's the case. At least I think we should look deeper before we dismiss any chance of a connection. The Irish have a lot of norse ancestry. I don't know how well the legend of Cú Chulainn and norse migration correlate in time and space, whether earlier communication...
  10. PeteByrdie

Stonehenge & Salisbury Weekend

I have a list of places I'd like to visit around there, if I ever find time. I visited Stonehenge for the last summer solstice, but I'd love to do it again.
  11. PeteByrdie

Science Fiction: Films & TV

After watching it in some form or other for much of my life, I genuinely have no more appetite for Trek. Or Trek-like series really. The OA I remember trying one episode of, but had so little idea of where it was heading I didn't give the second episode a chance. Perhaps I gave up too soon, but...
  12. PeteByrdie

I suspect you're right. Given that I can Google an article and it includes adverts for products relating to the last things I searched for on Amazon, I imagine Netflix is more than likely to be able to tailor its output to different regions. But Apollo 18 is in my head now, and I'll look out for it.
  13. PeteByrdie

Sounds as though I've missed out. Perhaps I'll catch up later. For now, I thought The Endless sounded fun, so I've chosen that.
  14. PeteByrdie

I've heard good things about Altered Carbon, but I'm unwilling to get into a series because I rarely get the chance to watch them through. I'm now one movie and three bottles of Newcastle Brown Ale into my evening. Beyond Skyline actually was quite enjoyable. But I need to snack, and then find...
  15. PeteByrdie

It's delightfully fortean for bridging the ancient aliens concept into the alien universe before Ridley Scott did it. Perhaps AvP did it better. But, if I remember rightly, the archaeologist guy forms a theory that the pyramid changes configuration every ten minutes because the Aztec calendar...