Recent content by ravensocks

1. ravensocks

Question For The British

Fag also has connotations with public school. Roald Dahl had an entertaining take on it in his autobiographical "Boy" https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fagging https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boy_(book)
  2. ravensocks

Strange Strangers

I have been known to compliment a pretty coat before. I'm a woman, and am genuinely liking the clothes not Trying to be a creeper. It's not something often do, as I'm quite an introvert in real life, but I have complimented boots, shoes and suits in my time. I have also had some of my goods and...
  3. ravensocks

Strange Strangers

I used to know someone who would mentally rehearse their (conversational) argument before bringing the topic up. Thing is, it really didn't matter what the other person said or did, my acquaintance would still cycle through the argument as if I'd screamed no, punched them in the face, then stuck...
  4. ravensocks

Question For The British

Yes, milk in coffee doesnt seem to be a thing. At breakfast we just got the little cartons of milk for cereal and sneaked them into the coffee. We were milk smugglers!
  5. ravensocks

Question For The British

I think I wrote about this on the Board before, but I almost caused an incident in Florida by asking for a white coffee. I swear the place fell silent like it was one of those cliched westerns until the waitress asked if I meant a coffee with cream. Why yes, yes I did. Asking for white or black...
  6. ravensocks

Creepiest Fortean Story?

Dramarama had some corkers, some of which I still think of today (It was Dramarama and Picture Box that used to regularly creep us younguns out at school).
  7. ravensocks

Cluedo/Clue: The Game Of Murder

I havent played Cluedo for years, but it was the source of much fun in the past. It is only fitting then that i consider Clue to be a top notch film! Very quotable. As for other films based on games would Ouija count?
  8. ravensocks

Identifying Some 1970s Supernatural TV Dramas (UK)

Just popping in to say that Sapphire and Steel is a quality bit of kit that still stands up today. Transuranic heavy elements may not be used where there is life.
  9. ravensocks

Creepiest Fortean Story?

Plus EnolaGaia nailed it in the suggested searches - go mods!
  10. ravensocks

Creepiest Fortean Story?

It's delicious! Genuinely one that pops into my mind every so often - and I would never have connected your post, because I was convinced JB1968 experienced it in an office. I'm glad we're both sorted!:cool:
  11. ravensocks

Creepiest Fortean Story?

Ahhhhh, after vaguely searching on and off for (literally) years, I found it! And managed to get almost every detail wrong. It is post #40 on the "anyone seen a ghost?" Thread, by Jonnyboy1968. He worked in a youth hostel, said see you on Saturday, and the voice said no. Still creepy though...
  12. ravensocks

Subliminal Advertising

That is very cool. One of the commenters (EAnneH) links to https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychorama Apparently there are a few of them in the film.
  13. ravensocks

Horror Films

Of course! I love the Amicus portmanteaus. Nice call.
  14. ravensocks

Horror Films

It's what makes the world go round! I was wracking my brain trying to think of any other haunted picture horrors - apart from Dorian Gray and a Stephen King short story, I'm drawing (lol) a blank. Does anyone have any haunted art film recs? It seems like a great opportunity, and I can't believe...
  15. ravensocks

Horror Films

I thought the trailer looked good, and haunted paintings are always going to be a winner, but I'm afraid I just didn't like this one at all. There was a good story in there, but the surrounding pretentious art world bits were imho overlong and dull. This might have been better as pure horror...