Recent content by wembley8

1. wembley8

It's The Zionists

Even better, when he gave the speed live, he dropped http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009/ap ... ust-speech - but it's obvious really - THEY must have got to him. Which only goes to prove his point that they control everything... btw I believe the bit about his calling for Israel to...
  2. wembley8

It's The Zionists

Whatever you say about ol' Ahmadinejad, he certainly brings conspiracy theory right into the mainstream: http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009/ap ... ech-israel
  3. wembley8

Jade Goody - Has She Truly Passed Away?

I'm not sure what abusing your position means as a publicist. He just generates publicity...very effectively. Of course he "plays" the media, that's the job of everyone in PR, isn't it?
  4. wembley8

Cricket Attack Conspiracy

I think the cock-up theory works very well here. How else can you explain how 12 attackers with automatic weapons, rocket-propelled grenade launchers and hand grenades failed to kill anyone on board a stationary, unprotected bus when there were no police shooting back and the driver had been...
  5. wembley8

FT 246

No he didn't! He simply took the hackneyed "science is just another faith" approach, completely ignored how scientists have actually studied evolution and what the believe in favour of his own (wrong) version. I think the technical term is a "straw man" - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man...
  6. wembley8

US investigation into gravity weapons 'nonsense'

The Hafnium one turns out not to be junk science - it got a lot of criticism, but ultimately it turned out to work. Research is now much lower key, because they know how easily funding can be cut when they get called 'pseudoscience.'
  7. wembley8

"Political Correctness Gone Mad"

No, it was just the culture at the time. People tend to be very accepting of the status quo, which is why it needs to be challenged some times. The defence "oh, but we've always used that word and nobody has complained before" should not be accepted. But people will always say it's PC gone mad...
  8. wembley8

Who starts Urban Legends?

One unsubstanatiated and wildly speculative guess - unbeknownst to you, she always brought in cucumber sandwiches for lunch. Some of her colleagues knew about it, so your 'cucumber' joke looked that it was aimed at her. It may not be true, but it explains everything wonderfully, and isn't...
  9. wembley8

"Political Correctness Gone Mad"

The problem is that in a case like that they may simply be trying to be more accurate. There are more partially-sighted people than completely blind ones, who may or may not be legally blind. Btw I think the term is "visually impaired." Some individuals may not be offended by 'offensive'...
  10. wembley8

Try googling it. I'm not about to, but I'd be amazed if there aren't a stack of video hits.
  11. wembley8

The Credit Crunch

Yep, as recent events have shown, that's about the size of it. Any other business - mining, ship building, fishing etc - can go bust, but the banks will never be allowed to go under. But I suspect that knowing this won't change people's attitudes one iota.
  12. wembley8

Poozler - That sounds about right. It's all about memes; a story can mutate every times it is told by the teller changing any given detail. If the mutation makes it more 'contagious', that version spreads more. Unsucessful stories die out. Mutations like happening more recently or closely...
  13. wembley8

Britain: Police State?

How would you suggest the police identify suspects, or rule out non-suspects? If there is no way of identifying someone, it might be a little difficult.
  14. wembley8

Not according to the autopsies. they get dragged through the courts every time and Taser keep being found blameless. Check the original report. The relative risk of police use-of-force options: Evaluating the potential for deployment of electronic weaponry Link* What's the alternative...
  15. wembley8

It's called 'excited delirium' and it's usually related to drug use and over-excitement (i.e. getting into a punch-up with the cops) http://pso.hmprisonservice.gov.uk/pso16 ... lirium.htm