Recent content by Yithian

1. Yithian

Indian Yeti / Barmanu

That deserves a quote to draw attention to it: Tracing the origins of a 'yeti's finger' 27 December 2011 An anatomical specimen labelled "Yeti's finger" has been left overlooked in a museum for decades, its origins unexplained, until BBC reporter Matthew Hill set out to investigate. In the...
  2. Yithian

Witches

It has been questioned whether this article should be taken as referring to immigrant communities. Given the locations, cases and names cited, I'm afraid it is. It's poorly written as that is not made explicit.
  3. Yithian

Greta Thunberg

It was a parody of Myth's suggestion.
  4. Yithian

Greta Thunberg

It's a bit much like hard work, isn't it? Dabbing a warm wet flannel on my forehead, ruffling my hair a bit and moaning pitiably: that's about the extent of my efforts to bunk off school. Do you think it might all be part of an attempt to impress a boy?
  5. Yithian

Douglas The Camel

Douglas the Camel From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Douglas The Camel, or “Old Douglas,” was a domesticated camel used by Company A of the 43rd Mississippi Infantry, part of the Confederate Armyduring the American Civil War. Because of Old Douglas, the 43rd Mississippi Infantry came to be...
  6. Yithian

What Are You Eating & Drinking?

You can't really be sure--at least I can't, but I've been munching through fancy Norwegian stuff where they boast that it's virtually free-range. You can get about three times the quantity for the same price at Costco, but it's a suspicious radioactive-orange instead of the more natural-looking...
  7. Yithian

Innocent Photos That Looked Scary

Somewhat surprisingly, I'd only seen one of those before. And a couple are really good.
  8. Yithian

What Music?

Good mood today--on top of life.
  9. Yithian

Witchcraft & Black Magic Contribute To Increase In Child Abuse - Guardian

Will merge it in there when it is moved from Fortean News.
  10. Yithian

The Good Stuff Online Thread

Must say, I didn't see that in the video twist coming.
  11. Yithian

What Are You Eating & Drinking?

Is there a maximum recommended intake for Salmon? Because if there is, I might be exceeding it. I've had five generously-sized grilled salmon steaks in the last seven days.
  12. Yithian

Drop A Weird Meme

" Learn to punctuate," Ya" Scottish" Savage"
  13. Yithian

Witchcraft & Black Magic Contribute To Increase In Child Abuse - Guardian

We have 'been here' before. And it wasn't true then, but some people made careers off the claim.
  14. Yithian

The Good Stuff Online Thread

Late to the party, Swifty. Try the WTF? Thread yesterday.
  15. Yithian

Project Azorian: The CIA's Plan To Recover A Lost Russian Submarine.

Will be buying this next year: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/1781087555?pf_rd_p=3730611c-1654-405c-a45c-eec586a43cc7&pf_rd_r=SWDH348VXFR3B4W5Z9PK