• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Why Are Ghosts Never Fat?

TF was that meant to be ?

fat people generally dont live as long, if thats a factor, do we tend to think of ghosts as old folks, not exclusively, but predominantly ?

I have never come across a description of a fat ghost, or if you prefer the ghost of a fat person.

a) people used to be thinner
b) there is the aforementioned "hungry ghost" (I think I am one)
c) then there is Henry VIII's ghost in Hampton Court - definitely portly.

Well that's interesting in itself isn't it. Because he wasn't always fat, although we think of him as being a big fatty. He was renowned for being very handsome when he was young ("so I understand"). So to 'recognise' his ghost, he has to be the fat version because we think he's going to be fat. Whereas maybe a thin handsome version wouldn't get named and famous. Hmm does this connect to my 'you see the ghost you expect to' theory?

I bet he'd rather you saw the handsome lithe version. You know, if he were alive and that.
And being that Henry VIII died as a stinking corpulent being, why aren't his appearances accompanied by an awful smell?
Maybe - in line with us 'seeing what we expect to see', most people know he was overweight when he died, but how many of them know about the festering leg ulcer?

And being that Henry VIII died as a stinking corpulent being, why aren't his appearances accompanied by an awful smell?
Maybe - in line with us 'seeing what we expect to see', most people know he was overweight when he died, but how many of them know about the festering leg ulcer?

It's quite easy. It take a lot of energy to manifest.

The bigger you were in life the harder to reproduce yourself after death - throw in smells and you are ramping up the energy. This is why the most common thing we should all be seeing are stick insect ghosts of ex-super models.

Or as I like to call them Shadow people

He's not called Slenderman for nothing!

Next!

This is why the most common thing we should all be seeing are stick insect ghosts of ex-super models.

Supermodel ghosts are the worst. After a life of privation and denial, they only want to FEAST and if it means other humans need to suffer, that is just the gravy to them.

I would give your comment more than 1 like if I could btw Naughty_Felid.

Back