• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Occupants Visible - Turkey UFO

Fahrenheit 451

Smoke on the Water
I really don't know what to make of this - feedback would be very interesting:

This is one of the videos from the series of 'Kumburgaz' sightings in Turkey from 2007 through 2009.

There are multiple reports and videos, as should be apparent from the obvious combination of two or more recordings in the YouTube presentation to which you linked. Different editions / combinations of these recordings (elsewhere) don't agree on the alleged sighting times or even the dates and timestamps displayed on the video footage.

This particular one is alleged to have been supplied by Roger Leir, though accounts vary as to whether he was personally present during the filming. Leir has a Wikipedia entry:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roger_Leir

One report about Leir's description of the sighting is at:

https://exonews.org/verified-ufo-fo...-of-the-craft-in-the-videographers-own-words/

This transcription of an article from India:

https://exonews.org/turkey-govt-confirms-authenticity-of-ufo-sighting-in-2009/

... alleges the Turkish government authenticated the video, but doesn't provide any real details.

That certainly provides more background then I knew (thank you), perhaps it's Turkish origins explain why other American UFO sites didn't pick up on it much. Roger Leir himself seems quite bona-fide.

It has a feeling of authenticity about it, but I saw another similar video from the year before, where rain seems to blur the view of the craft. Which in turn make me more suspicious. These events seem to be more unique - a moment caught (or lost) - rather than repeated.

Where are the 'aliens'..? Those black shadows in the craft..?
I don't trust anything on you tube when it comes to ufos and aliens....so many have been proven to be hoaxes, etc in the past that it's almost impossible to verify any of these videos.
Regarding Dr Leir.... a bona-fide what..? He's a Podiatrist who became involved many years ago (in the ufo area) via alleged implants found in various alleged abductees in various parts of their bodies including their feet.....none of which (as far as I know..) have ever been shown to be of legitimate alien origin. In fact he was asked many times to share these 'implants' with others so independent labs could look into them and he has refused ,as far as I know, from what I read years ago.

Where are the 'aliens'..? Those black shadows in the craft..?
I don't trust anything on you tube when it comes to ufos and aliens....so many have been proven to be hoaxes, etc in the past that it's almost impossible to verify any of these videos.
Regarding Dr Leir.... a bona-fide what..? He's a Podiatrist who became involved many years ago (in the ufo area) via alleged implants found in various alleged abductees in various parts of their bodies including their feet.....none of which (as far as I know..) have ever been shown to be of legitimate alien origin. In fact he was asked many times to share these 'implants' with others so independent labs could look into them and he has refused ,as far as I know, from what I read years ago.

Bona fide - meaning he has a reputation in the field - wrote books on UFOs and was engaged in the abduction issue. As opposed to a potential Turkish teenager with photoshop.

00_DECK_SHIP_KUMBURGAZ_MOV3.gif

space cruise ship.

Bona fide - meaning he has a reputation in the field - wrote books on UFOs and was engaged in the abduction issue. As opposed to a potential Turkish teenager with photoshop.
Well....anyone can investigate ufos, write a book, and get involved in the 'abduction' area....that doesn't make them a bona-fide
anything in my book.
Case in point was the late Budd Hopkins....who spent many years with 'abduction' claimants related to the ufo phenom but had no scientific creds, no experience in licensed hypnosis, no investigation training of any kind ,and in fact was an artist in New York originally.
Was he 'bona-fide' to speak out and do work on ufo issues?
My point is that unless one has some real training about investigation and forensics and or related aspects, what makes them any more qualified than a plumber (not disrespecting plumbers btw) to make claims on ufos?

It's curved too? And the rest of a large boat cunningly disappeared? Including the 'decking' over the 'crew'? I'm not persuaded. At least you didnt play dumb or go for Chinese lantern - I like the effort.

It's curved too? And the rest of a large boat cunningly disappeared? Including the 'decking' over the 'crew'? I'm not persuaded. At least you didnt play dumb or go for Chinese lantern - I like the effort.
Here's where the gif came from. I should note that English and web page design don't seem to be their first language.
http://www.alcione.org/FRAUDES/00TURQUIA/

I remember watching a party on a cruise ship a few kilometres off the coast of Nice. The flashing lights were very curious, and might have been mistaken for a flying object- except that they were more-or-less at sea-level. Given a mild superior mirage this might have been visible at an elevated angle. Alternately, the witnesses in this case might be entirely familiar with what they were filming, but pretended not to be.

The cruise ship idea definitely has a logic and plausibility - even if it seems born of Turkish UFO enthusiast in-fighting - but then you watch the video again and just think no. It just doesn't ring true with what is being seen.

This is old territory. I think the language barrier has helped to make it seem more mysterious than it really is. There were some pretty ludicrous claims at the time the videos landed on the internet, and the language problem made it really hard to sort out what was going on.

Back