• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Blue Book

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
A new TV drama show called Blue Book is on the way. Produced by Robert Zemeckis, it'll be dramatising events detailed in the Project Blue Book papers.

I've watched several episodes of "Blue Book". It's not bad.

Owes a lot to the "X Files" in it's production style and it ties together quite a few fortean threads in its themes (cold war spies, the threat of nuclear war and a bit of girl on girl action)

Owes a lot to the "X Files" in it's production style and it ties together quite a few fortean threads in its themes (cold war spies, the threat of nuclear war and a bit of girl on girl action)

I'm taking notes!

So, nothing like the actual Blue Book ?

The real problem with making these dramatisation of things like the Blue Book documents is that a whole lot of people will only see it as that; essentially more X files.
And they will not understand the real significance or historical context.

What isn't often mentioned these days is the Condon Report. A weighty tome that appears to have been written in rather dubious circumstances by someone who really didn't study his subject.

It is sometime misnamed as ;The Condom Report', something used to ensure there would be no practical outcome.

Girl on girl action?, what the feck for?, I am not watching it if that's what it is like

Somehow I can't see where GOG action fits into what was a compilation of UFO reports.

Haven't watched any of it, But I am interested in the actual thing.

Begins Thursday night (28th March) on SBS for anyone interested here in Australia. On at 8.30 and they're starting with a double episode.

I don't want to give anything away but the sapphic thing is part of plot development that fits in perfectly well with the productions storytelling style.

But maybe not so much with the actual Blue Book investigations ?

But maybe not so much with the actual Blue Book investigations ?
Yes, it sounds like the stories bear little resemblance to the actual BB cases. It's a shame. My main complaint about the X Files was the use of real cases, but distorting them to where they were not recognizable. Mulder would mutter some dates and place names, but the stories were so far off the actual cases that matched those details it was just silly. Why use actual names and dates if you are just writing fiction? It can be very confusing for people interested in the real stuff. I think the Blue Book situation is worse, actually. The producers are mining the data, then telling highly misleading stories about it. Kevin Randle is not amused.

Back