• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Are There Reports Of Ghosts Hurting Or Sexually Assaulting People?

Blows have been reported as part of poltergeist activities,
though, in the main, the things thrown are said to be lacking
force, so they have the reputation of being mischievious rather
than violent.

Sexual attacks brings us into the region of Incubi & Succubi, but
they are not strictly ghosts? Nor, perhaps were Spring Heeled Jack
or the Monkey Man, who were accused of sexual assaults.

Ghosts in the main seem have little interaction with human beings.
They may not even be spirits so much as a peculiar kind of photograph
or movie.

On the whole, if I was out ghost-hunting, I'd be more afraid of people
than ghosts. :eek:

I used to live in a house where a small child had died recently before we moved there. It wasn't regarded as haunted, but on one occasion, I felt a soft punch and saw what I thought was a family member running into another room.

I gave chase and found the room to be empty, there was no other way out. On returning to the original room everyone who was in the house looked at me as if I'd gone bonkers, charging off for no reason. No one could have entered the room and returned, they would have had to walk past me.

I can't explain this but sometimes wonder if it was a playful punch from the dead child.

Tidus said:
Ghosts physically hurting or sexually assulting people?:confused:

Assaulting? No I... refuse to answer that on the grounds that it'll make look either a) crazy, b)sick or may be misunderstood to imply that I'm a necrophile :)eek:shudder); none of which is true.

:p:confused:

Niles

.... I know a bloke who knows a bloke who... No ! it's just too foul I can't bear to tell it sorry !

James Whitehead said:
Just one short sharp pull? What a tease these ghosts are! :D

He even claimed to have seen it extend rapidly and for want of a better word 'twang' back. He lived in the local highrise and the previous tenant had left via the balcony making quite an impact when he reached the car park. Perhaps it was a ghost clutching at straws?

Tidus said:
Ghosts physically hurting or sexually assulting people?:confused:

There was that film called 'The Entity' about a woman being sexually assaulted by a spirit - apparently based on a true story

Carole

I heard a story about a ghost at an old mansion. A guy arrived who didn´t believe in it and did whatever it was you weren´t supposed to do. Sleep in a special room I think. They found him the next morning all curled up.

And I´ve heard Lucy Liu should have claimed to have had sex with a ghost.

Here in Australia, the aborigines have quite a few different names for various types of ghosts - but they are certain that the ones we call poltergiests cannot harm you, just scare you.

That does not, however, go for the spirits of the ancestors, who can be quite a vengeful and hurtful bunch! :eek!!!!:

About 7 years ago, I woke up in the middle of the night in agony. It felt as if an unseen hand had punched me hard in the thigh. I looked about everywhere with the light on, but there was nobody to be found.

My first thought was that a ghost had attacked me.

After much rationalisation, I concluded that it had been a sudden involuntary muscle contraction, which had caused a pulled muscle to occur (yes - while I was asleep in bed).

Anybody heard of anything similar?

Mythopoeika said:

Actually, it ahppened to me a few years ago. I was asleep and draeming of being at a festival, when a small, vibrant green snake slithered towards me very quickly, jumped and buried it's fangs in my thigh. I felt the poison pumping into my leg, and woke up with the shock. I still felt the sting 5 minutes later.

Here's an account of the supposedly true Entity case.

Mythopoeika said:
About 7 years ago, I woke up in the middle of the night in agony. It felt as if an unseen hand had punched me hard in the thigh. I looked about everywhere with the light on, but there was nobody to be found.

My first thought was that a ghost had attacked me.

After much rationalisation, I concluded that it had been a sudden involuntary muscle contraction, which had caused a pulled muscle to occur (yes - while I was asleep in bed).

Last December I was dreaming that my mother was calling me for a meal (I haven't lived at home for decades, but that's dreams for you). As I was warm and comfy in bed I didn't want to get up for this meal, but the calling became more insistent. Finally I felt my shoulder being shaken and I really woke up, with a very painful neck.

It turned out I had trapped a nerve in my neck, and I was in Pain for months afterwards. Like you, I suspect that all this grief was caused by an involuntary muscle contraction, and presumably the dream fitted itself to the sensation.

Anonymous,

..Or I suppose he could have just trodden on it. ..

The mind boggles.

Amoradala,

Wasn't there once a coin called a 'tosseroon' ?
Often wondered how things come to be named. (no pun intended).

INT21

Back on topic ...

Here are the most general threads addressing ghost assaults:

DEREK ACORAH & YOBBO GHOSTS
https://forums.forteana.org/index.php?threads/derek-acorah-yobbo-ghosts.61310/

Physical Contact with Ghosts?
https://forums.forteana.org/index.php?threads/physical-contact-with-ghosts.2815/

Killer Ghosts
https://forums.forteana.org/index.php?threads/killer-ghosts.16137/

"The Entity": Real or Hoax?
https://forums.forteana.org/index.php?threads/the-entity-real-or-hoax.6806/

There are also occasional posts addressing night hag or sleep paralysis incidents that refer to violent behavior by specters.

I can understand why a ghost may want to take a swing at Derek Acorah.

And imaging a room full of spooks listening to Fred from Most Haunted and saying 'I can't understand a word of that, it's all Latin. Does he think we are all grammar school boys ?'

INT21

There is a inn over across the pond which is supposed to be hunted and has such a spirit that has awoken many guests [single men] who are unaware of the legend. It is somewhere in Scotland and is well known. I saw a show of it once when I was younger

Some years ago I drove a car for a living and while in remote areas would listen to a Christian radio call in advice show. It was the only station the car radio could get that didn't have commercials. (I'm not remotely religious, and at that time was very leery of evangelical Christians, but I really hate commercials.) One day a little boy called in and said something along the lines of "sometimes at night an invisible person comes in to my bedroom and messes up the covers on my bed." The radio host responded by saying that it was a demon that was disturbing him and to find a preacher ASAP. I've always been convinced that the child was being molested, but his mind, in denial, wouldn't let him see his attacker because it was too distressing. I've wondered how many people have experienced an "invisible person" like that.

In a less fraught vein, ghosts in the Icelandic Sagas were very physical and potentially dangerous, like the Aboriginal ancestors mentioned earlier in this thread. "Ghosts in medieval Scandinavia were seen as being corporeal, and thus capable of wrestling or fighting with opponents." (From the glossary of an English translation of the Sagas, p. 747, edited by Ornolfur Thorsson, published by Penguin Group in 2000, isbn 0-670-88990-3.)

Blows have been reported

ghostbusters-danaykroyd-ghostblowjob.jpg

Here is one I hadn't seen before (and I couldn't find previously linked on FTMB)... babycam footage of a baby monitor showing something unitentifiable walking by, and the infant seems to see it. Later she has a mark on her face that is inexplicable:

Have you ever tried to cut baby fingernails?

Note, the parents set up an online funding account to raise money to move. Umm.... suspicious. This is, at best, crappy evidence. At worst, it's exploiting their child for money.

Back