• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Drug-Laced Candy / Sweets

Ooh, "County Lines", another nonsensical phrase (like "being put in Special Measures") that has the Press cumming in its pants, despite it having no literal meaning over here.
I can't see why any drug dealers need to lure any kids to sell gear, not when there are plenty of kids falling over themselves to become "gangstas" innit? Especially when the whole point is to send feral kids from big cities out of their home turf, somewhere where they know nobody, can't be distracted from dealing and can escape the full weight of the Law if they get caught. You don't recruit the kids out in the sticks to sell your gear out there, duh, and kids don't make very good loyal customers either.

Unless the Oswestry Cartel is looking to muscle in on a village near you! Be careful out there folks.

The chemist who prescribed it in the first place will take it back - had this with my parents (my mum was on liquid morphine and is still on other opioids) and managed to end up with a fair amount of untaken meds. The only one allowed to take it back was the pharmacist who supplied it.

I know people who would probably pay you to tell them that story, in a dreamy Cadbury Caramel bunny-type voice. Only change the unhappy ending, don't say that the pharmacists got it back. Make it have an ending with hope - like that the stash is still out there somewhere waiting to be discovered, in a discarded broken writing desk dumped in a layby.

So people that grow their own are nasty people? We get your agenda and I'm not sure anyone agrees with it or reports from some place verify it.

... Not really sure where you are coming from with that. Possibly you could explain detail just where I refer to home pot growers as nasty people. And a bit more about the agenda. ...

... Maybe it is confusing because you are commenting on an opinion that is taken out of context without a source. ...

Tastyintestines. You have completely misunderstood the post that has lead to this point. To the extent I wonder if you read it through....

It's in your first sentence.
... Legalize it tax the crap out of it and you hurt the really nasty characters alot more that way. ..

This unnecessarily terse exchange seems to have started with an understandable misreading of INT21's post #32.

The misreading is understandable because post #32 originally copied a passage from a prior post without properly configuring that copied text as a QUOTE.

Post #32 has now been edited to reflect correct use of the Reply / Quote feature and thereby clarify that INT21 was quoting an earlier post.

Further references or additions to this unfortunate tangent are made at the poster's own peril.

Glad that's sorted out.

I shall follow the recommended procedure in future and not rely on highlighting C&P sentences.

INT21.

... I shall follow the recommended procedure in future and not rely on highlighting C&P sentences.

Thanks for understanding and adapting.

Ooh, "County Lines", another nonsensical phrase...

...Unless the Oswestry Cartel is looking to muscle in on a village near you! Be careful out there folks.
If you Google, say, 'drugs Scotland county lines', there's a fair number of articles to choose from, giving one insight into where that phrase has come from.

If you Google, say, 'drugs Scotland county lines', there's a fair number of articles to choose from, giving one insight into where that phrase has come from.

And here's me thinking it was yet another slice of Americana eagerly embraced by those who just love to emulate the lowest forms of life in the States (gangs, tags, bandanas, trousers-without-fucking-belts etc), ie. the act of travelling across those all-important "county lines".

I believe that means the police/sheriff dept in the home turf is a different one to that the dealers travel, and as such, may be on a completely different and unconnected computer system, giving the little cherubs a lot more time selling their wares before Mr Plod A gets to share intel with Mr Plod B, who then realise there is an organised criminal enterprise in action with a link from one to the other.
Here, in theory anyway, the Rozzers can roll up the whole operation nice and easily, without major time-consuming jurisdiction wrangles once they identify a kid out of his home manor and apprehend them. (Mind you, from what I gather, the PNC in this country isn't that joined-up either!)

A rather clunky title which crams all the juicy details in -

Girl, 9, lucky to be alive after being tricked into swallowing drug disguised as sweet at popular park

The youngster dropped in and out of consciousness after eating the 'sweet'.

It was offered to her by an older girl - aged between 14 and 18 - who laughed at her young victim after telling her she had taken drugs.
etc

Surely a prank.

I bet it was a sherbet lime or lemon, and they told her the sherbet inside was cocaine or whatever. Those're mad sweets to a kid who's never eaten one.

If a child were told they'd been given 'drugs' they might well become hysterical and appear to faint and so on.

New cereal bar makes kids hallucinate and vomit... or does it?
Astrosnacks story

Seems after some official warnings from police about so-called Astrosnacks, which featured a photograph of the foodstuff in its packet, nobody could verify anyone had eaten it, or indeed that it existed at all. Has anyone here eaten it or even seen it in the shops? If not, what on earth is that a photograph of?

I like a good cereal bar, but I don't think I'd eat a multicoloured one...

New cereal bar makes kids hallucinate and vomit... or does it?
Astrosnacks story

Seems after some official warnings from police about so-called Astrosnacks, which featured a photograph of the foodstuff in its packet, nobody could verify anyone had eaten it, or indeed that it existed at all. Has anyone here eaten it or even seen it in the shops? If not, what on earth is that a photograph of? ...

According to this Islington Now article from 14 March (same date as the one you cited):

A report from Telegraph yesterday revealed that a police source suggested the snack may have contained cannabis resin, but the risk to children was minimal.

Islington Now has since discovered an image of a cannabis-infused food shared on Instagram under the hashtag #LondonEdibles with the exact same branding. Beneath the ‘astrosnacks’ logo was a warning that the bar contains “150mg THC, 2 servings per pack.”

SOURCE: http://islingtonnow.co.uk/astrosnacks-hoax-spreads-to-schools-across-london/

This is the only news item I could find that so much as mentioned a possibly 'real' version of the snack and / or a known snack containing a 'drug' of any sort.

I can't locate any subsequent news items about this incident.

NOTE: If you look at the sole image of the alleged product's packaging, the label appears to read "Astrosnack2" rather than "Astrosnacks."
I also searched under this version of the name. Surprisingly, I found no mention of anyone noting the possible variant name.

I don't believe it says "Astrosnack2", it says "ASTROSNACKZ" with the last S reversed in a sci-fi manner (or a 90s druggy manner, if you prefer).

I don't believe it says "Astrosnack2", it says "ASTROSNACKZ" with the last S reversed in a sci-fi manner (or a 90s druggy manner, if you prefer).

I can't find any additional items / info under that version of the name.

You know what it looks like? One of those ads you got in the 1990s for "legal highs", complete with space alien logo. Or maybe an illegal ad for ecstasy. Which makes it suspiciously inauthentic.

theres quite a few images online for martian-astrosnacks, using the same logo but different packing. would seem to be thc goodies, as mentions above. so it does seem to be an actual thing but whether anyone was pushing it on kids is another matter.
download (1).jpg
download.jpg

Good find! But the company, if it exists, has no web presence at all, not even on Twitter. Could the photos be additional hoaxes or have the packets been seen in real life?

This time it's drug laced envelopes.

Suspicious envelopes, some laced with fentanyl, have been sent to election offices in at least five US states.

The letters were reported in Georgia, Nevada, California, Oregon and Washington, where the letter included a warning to "end elections now".
Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger described the letters as "domestic terrorism" that "needs to be condemned".

Fentanyl is a synthetic painkiller 50 times more powerful than heroin. It has been blamed for a rise in US drug deaths.

According to the FBI and US Postal Service, fentanyl was found in four of the letters. Some of the letters were intercepted before they arrived at their final destination.

"Law enforcement is working diligently to intercept any additional letters before they are delivered," the FBI and Postal Service said in a statement.

In Washington, officials in Pierce County released images of a letter - postmarked in Portland, Oregon - which included the words "end elections now".

A similar letter was received in Seattle's King County, which reported another fentanyl-laced letter during an August primary election.

In Georgia, the letter appeared to be targeting an office in Fulton County. Authorities discovered the letter and found it contained fentanyl.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-67374213

Back