• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Arachne

micalrin

Curator of Desirable Phenomena
Did I tell you about the Spider? I am so glad there were witnesses. Varuna was there as well as my friend Kitty.

It was so fucking weird! It is one of the most paranormal things that I have ever experienced.

It's a good story!

All of the following is accurate and true. These events happened in 2018. The names of the individuals are the names that they have either indicated they prefer to be called, allow me to refer to them as, or were given these names at birth. Neither myself nor my friends were under the influence of alcohol or other mind-altering substances when these events took place.

But wait!

This story begins three days prior.

I am patching up all the small holes in the plywood ceiling of my workshop. I noticed when I would move across the room and stick tape over an open hole that this ticking sound like little legs scurrying across the attic floor would follow behind me and stop right above me. seemingly waiting until I moved across the room again. This went on for more than an hour.
Every time I moved to tape over a hole the tick tick tick of little legs could be heard. Then there is a knock at my shop door. It is my friend, Katrina. I ask her to come inside with a hushed voice to verify that I am not crazy. When we move across the room and stop we both can hear the tic tic tic of little legs following us. Every-time we moved whatever was up there in the attic would follow us over to our new location.
"what is that," she asked in a hushed voice. "I am pretty sure it is a spider that lives in the attic," I replied. Shortly thereafter I sealed the walls and ceiling in 6 mil. white plastic. This was done to keep the dust out of the workshop.

Flash forward three days.

We were in my shop at the time this occurred. My Workshop had the ceilings and walls lined with plastic. 6 mil. thick plastic sheeting. This thick plastic was fastened to wall and ceiling using hex nut screws with an oversized washer to hold the sheeting taut.
I am reading an introductory preface about Chaos Magic from my computer screen. I am reading it out loud to my friend Varuna and my friend Kitty. "side note, about Varuna: Varuna is the name of an ancient Vedic water god and King of the Asuras. The Vedic Hindu God is similar to the Titans from Roman mythology and like the Titans, even though he has a planetoid named after him. Varuna still had been replaced by younger, newer gods. But being an Eternal and always taking a keen interest in the going on of the human race, he watches from the fringes of this realm"

The work that I am reading out loud, to my very open-minded spiritually adept friends, is some of the metaphysical foundations for Chaos Magick.
I turned around to look at them both to see if there was any recognition for what I just told them about Chaos Magic. I finish the conclusion to a paragraph about the subject of Chaos Magic and I turn around and I look at Kitty and Varuna. They shake their heads in acknowledgment indicating that they understood what I had just said. I turn back around towards the computer and I am startled by this loud "pop"! The sound came from behind Kitty and Varuna we all turned around and looked in that direction.
A giant fist-sized Spider fell from the ceiling it was about five inches in diameter. The body was pretty thick I'd say the body was about as big as a tea saucer, the body was as big as a tea saucer Just the body, then imagine two-inch legs coming off that tea saucer. It was the biggest spider I have ever seen in the wild. I used to regularly hunt for snakes and spiders when I was younger caught five rattlesnakes barehanded before I was ten. I had seen my fair share of large wild spiders in Sonoma County CA., and never in my life had I seen one even half as large as this arachnid!
Instantly everybody jumped up from their folding metal chairs, the chairs launched away and behind us. they shot from where we each had sat. The Spider started coming straight for me (adrenaline spikes, the seconds become extended and everything slows way down.) The Spiderbypasses Kitty who is on my left and was backing away from the Spider as fast as she could. Varuna who is on my right stands up and backs away from the Spideras well. As Varuna stands up he unties the sweatshirt that was tied around his waist, and with one smooth fluid motion pulls back the sweatshirt above his head, gracefully and accurately he whips at the Spider with the sweatshirt. Looking back at the event I recall there seemed to be a masterful aspect to Varuna's movements, a hyperspatial awareness

I am backing away the whole time while Varuna snaps the sweatshirt at the Spider. The sweatshirt hits and snaps just underneath the Spider's torso. The Spiderflips up in the air 2.5 feet and literally does a 360 barrel roll from one side to the other and lands back on its legs and shakes off the flying tumble roll like a bulldog would shake off some substantial but nonlethal impact.

The whole time Varuna is mumbling under his breath to the Spider and the Spider is mumbling back. They appear to be familiar with one another. They are arguing over some agreement, some truce or contract. I know this sounds really weird. Time was frozen! I'm still backing up trying to figure out where I'm going to go and the Spider is coming right at me! I frantically look for a weapon to smash the approaching arachnid.

Varuna whips at the spider again with his sweatshirt. Stranger than the fact that a very large Spider that has dropped out of my workshop ceiling, that days previous followed me around my shop for nearly an hour, and is now determined to do me, and specifically me, bodily harm. what is weirder than all that, is when Varuna whipped the Spider a second time, the same exact thing happens, the Spider flips up 2.5 feet in the air, does a 360 barrel roll landing on its feet it then shakes off what just happened like a bulldog. I can see Kitty stare and silently mouth in amazement "what the fuck"! The Spiderthen continues to come toward me. It is marching directly at me, Its advancement appears to be slower. It is dazed from the sweatshirt whipping and the subsequent flipping and forced landing on the hard concrete floor of my shop. Varuna then moved forward, lifting his right foot and his big boot, he slams it down on the Spider(onomatopoeia) SPLAT! and that was that. That was the end of the Spider. When Kitty asked to see the bottom of his boot, Varuna said: "there isn't anything to see". There was no splat mark where Varuna's boot had slammed down upon the Spider. Kitty and I were out of breath, the adrenaline rush from the experience caused each of us to pant and hyperventilate, "there should be a splat mark". she said intimating with her hands for Varuna to raise his boot. Varuna, seemingly not winded, tied his sweatshirt back around his waist and said: "It is over, It is gone".

You summoned up the chao spider.

1561246295462.jpg

well, the spider had already been lurking. I did not summon it, and there are other oddities that need research, but I believe Varuna, who appeared to be familiar with the spider, banished it in some manner. If it was a spider god, which there are several ancient creation myths that involve a spider deity, then Varuna, who I have known for almost 10 years, took that name of a deity with some parallels to a spider deity. Varuna was also a creation god at first. Varuna was one of the oldest Hindu Vedic gods he brought about the cosmos.

Kitty and Katrina will both talk to me about the spider event, but Varuna flat out refused to discuss any details of that experience

Note to self... do not do anything that can summon a spider. I didn't even know that was possible.

And... how did it just disappear? Are you saying it was an apparition? Yet it reacted to / interacted with the sweatshirt?
Or some sort of tulpa-esque being?

I, for one, would not have stayed in that workshop one millisecond. I would have been out of the door, land speed record duly broken as I made my escape.

*shudder*

Let me get this straight... this huge spider actually disappeared? No trace of it left behind?
Well, this is the paranormal event detail repository? She actually just materialized. There was no hole in the ceiling, plus I had fastened 6 mil plastic using screws and large washers spaced evenly. We all heard a pop and it was so startling that we all turned around in time to see the thing falling from the ceiling, but there was no hole. The biggest spider I have ever seen in the wild. I have seen some big spiders in zoo environments, terrariums, etc... This was the biggest spider I have ever seen in the wild. And I am an arachnophobe. I don't get frozen in terror, I squish it before it knows what happened.

Note to self... do not do anything that can summon a spider. I didn't even know that was possible.

And... how did it just disappear? Are you saying it was an apparition? Yet it reacted to / interacted with the sweatshirt?
Or some sort of tulpa-esque being?

I, for one, would not have stayed in that workshop one millisecond. I would have been out of the door, land speed record duly broken as I made my escape.

*shudder*
The way I had built out the workshop you came into a staging area then you had to enter through a barn slider and it was a dead end. The spider dropped between us and the slider. I think if you have enough myths in different cultures, one culture would be enough to create an egregore, but when you have several different cultures that share the same or similar stories that is, or can be a tremendous amount of psychic energy to feed a cultural/religious egregore. so yes I think it was like a Tulpa. I think it was Arachne the demigod

You appear to be an occultist.

Have you and your friends ever done ritual workings in that space?

Also, you said you were reading out a chaos magic text when this occured. What was the text, and does it have any bearing on the appearance?

Please don't write the text in here @micalrin - just link to it if possible (or stick it behind spoiler tags) so we don't end up reading it and inadvertently summoning one for ourselves...

a spider would be the last thing i would ever envoke. we hadn't done any rituals at all in that room yet.
let me back up a bit, when I was 10 iI was bitten 13 times in my sleep by black widows. I think I remember the doctor saying that if I was the appropriate size for my age I most likely would have died. but WAS 5'10"AT THE AGE OF 10. THIS CAUSED 2 THINGS.
1. made me hate spiders, I have a truce with the spider clan. If a spider gets near the bed or other furniture that me or the ones I care about then it is dead.
2. I am pretty sure that I am immune to deadly spider bites. I have been bitten by a couple Brown Recluse and Black Widows a couple of times since that time in my youth.
the chaos magick pdf was urban shamanism

... I've been wondering if this thread should be in the Esoterica forum.

The longstanding forum policy is that valid (first person) original poster (OP) accounts / threads posted in IHTM are not to be merged or moved elsewhere.

Second or third party OP accounts are not subject to this protection.

Edit to Add:

The chaos magick related postings have now been spun off into this new thread in Esoterica:

Chaos Magick (Context: Arachne IHTM Story / micalrin)
https://forums.forteana.org/index.p...ck-context-arachne-ihtm-story-micalrin.66040/

The postings related to spiders, spider bites, and spider phobia have been moved to this venerable thread dedicated to such topics::

Arachnophobia
https://forums.forteana.org/index.php?threads/arachnophobia.45973/

Last edited:
The longstanding forum policy is that valid (first person) original poster (OP) accounts / threads posted in IHTM are not to be merged or moved elsewhere.

Second or third party OP accounts are not subject to this protection.

Edit to Add:

The chaos magick related postings have now been spun off into this new thread in Esoterica:

Chaos Magick (Context: Arachne IHTM Story / micalrin)
https://forums.forteana.org/index.p...ck-context-arachne-ihtm-story-micalrin.66040/

The postings related to spiders, spider bites, and spider phobia have been moved to this venerable thread dedicated to such topics::

Arachnophobia
https://forums.forteana.org/index.php?threads/arachnophobia.45973/
I am sorry this is a thread about chaos magic, Arachne the greek demigod, and the paranormal. PLUS it was my experience that I am relaying the first person. If ya read it you would notice the tenses and the pronouns. Don't be hating cause your life is boring and mundane. Just kidding, right?

seriously the logic to move this thread is not sound nor reasonable. that is why I touched on the hate. hate is an addictive scourge of the cyber realms. I hope you get better. :)
Please don't write the text in here @micalrin - just link to it if possible (or stick it behind spoiler tags) so we don't end up reading it and inadvertently summoning one for ourselves...
I really
You summoned up the chao spider.

View attachment 18267
you were right, I summoned the ChaoSpider! I am utilizing a journal to capture more for all magic, gnosis, rituals, incantations, or paranormal happenings
I hope there are still a couple of people watching this thread. I can't believe I forgot all this detail. The whole experience put me into a state of shock for over a year, I thought I was going crazy and thank god there were witnesses. I found something very interesting Ellis and her evolution the egregore she becomes, her animal totem representation is a large spider, or specifically Arachne. Some detail about Ellis, her egregore also being called the Red Queen is referenced or alluded to using this reference Dweller At The Edges. If you look up the Vedic god "Varuna"King of the Asura. He dwells at the edges of existence observing humanity and like Arachne he created the worlds and cosmos, this may be why it appeared they were familiar with one another. I spoke with Varuna several times about what happened that day. At first, he would reply with oddly metaphysical responses like "öne could view it that way if one wanted". For several weeks that would be all he would say about it he admits he remembers the spider but not much more than that fact. He was truly badass and had full command of the flow and mechanics needed to use a sweatshirt as a whip with a low ceiling height of 8 feet. Like a martial arts master. No fear, all precision. He is a pretty badass dude even when not channeling his self-adopted namesake. comes in handy having the Vedic god of water as a friend especially when youchaos spiders want to clean your clock

All Ellis info is referenced from THE DKMU GODFORMS. So yes I was plodding along on my own magical journey and I decided to make some art that incorporated the Ellis linking sigil, (I worked on those sigils obsessively) there were linking sigils on every wall of my shop. I performed A Preliminary Calling for Ellis, found on page 7 of the PDF I have. That is detailed in THE DKMU GODFORMS. Katrina the woman who verified the sound of many legs following me around my shop. it was the same Katrina that assisted with psychic intent and performing of A Preliminary Calling for Ellis. I had performed the calling about a week prior to all this spider stuff. I was reading LIBER SIGILLUM: THE BLACK BOOK CALLED NONE / PRELIMINARY NOTES when the spider popped/phased through the ceiling of my shop. regretful I didn't remember some of those small details until now. So it was Ellis, holly shit! I can get Kitty to write a confirmation of her recollection of what occurred that day. As a witness she is great she is a devout Christian and doesn't believe in too much of the paranormal.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back