• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

9/11: The September 11th Attacks

That 'were' is very distracting. I keep struggling to parse it as some kind of subjunctive rather than a failure in subject-verb agreement.

I struggled to read it without a Yorkshire accent:

"And, by t'way, Iraq did not knock down t'World Trade Center. It weren't Iraq. It were t'other people. And I think I know whoo t'other people were. And you might also."

9/11 was used as an excuse for the Iraq War in 2003 (even though we now know there was no connection).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iraq_War#Pre-war_events

The only connection was Saddam's obvious support for international terrorism, as the artwork he had commissioned amply demonstrated:
PSX_20190620_082706.jpg

Not to mention his shilling for the international tea-towel industry.

9/11 was used as an excuse for the Iraq War in 2003 (even though we now know there was no connection). ...

No, we knew there was no direct 9/11 connection at the time. The advertised #1 rationale for invading Iraq (seeing as how we were already actively engaged in Afghanistan) was concern over Saddam's bragging about WMD capabilities (most specifically gas weapons) and the possibility he might be emboldened to use them or supply them to (e.g.) al-Qaeda.

No, we knew there was no direct 9/11 connection at the time. The advertised #1 rationale for invading Iraq (seeing as how we were already actively engaged in Afghanistan) was concern over Saddam's bragging about WMD capabilities (most specifically gas weapons) and the possibility he might be emboldened to use them or supply them to (e.g.) al-Qaeda.

Exactly, and this view was bolstered by some high-ranking Iraqi refugees/dissidents claiming Saddam still possessed WMDs.

Footage that isn't new, but was unseen by me (and I've watched a lot).

Warning: contains people preparing to jump.

Uncut media footage--many more uploaded by this channel.

Footage that isn't new, but was unseen by me (and I've watched a lot).

Warning: contains people preparing to jump.

Uncut media footage--many more uploaded by this channel.

My goodness that was harrowing. I think that's the first time I've ever come close to knowing what it was like to be there... not that one can experience it from a video of course, but I've never seen such close-up, real-time footage of it like that.

At the risk of sounding like I'm focusing on the wrong thing here, I can't get over the sheer amount of dust covering everything and everyone.... it's like a thick coating all over the pavement and cars... how did they ever get it all cleaned?

My goodness that was harrowing. I think that's the first time I've ever come close to knowing what it was like to be there... not that one can experience it from a video of course, but I've never seen such close-up, real-time footage of it like that.

At the risk of sounding like I'm focusing on the wrong thing here, I can't get over the sheer amount of dust covering everything and everyone.... it's like a thick coating all over the pavement and cars... how did they ever get it all cleaned?

I've said before (probably on this thread) that I find 'raw' footage from September 11th utterly hypnotic: the constant sirens and babble, car-alarms, dust, debris and panic.

It's almost like a film, but simultaneously the 'realist' thing I've ever seen.

I felt the same watching the footage live on the day.

It's my 'JFK in Dallas' moment.

The memory is very clear.

I've said before (probably on this thread) that I find 'raw' footage from September 11th utterly hypnotic: the constant sirens and babble, car-alarms, dust, debris and panic.

It's almost like a film, but simultaneously the 'realist' thing I've ever seen.

I felt the same watching the footage live on the day.

It's my 'JFK in Dallas' moment.

The memory is very clear.

Yes... I think a good way to describe it would be that it immerses you.

Another video from the Pentagon on 9/11 showing what looks like a missile hitting it.
A correction to what he says in the video: What he calls the hole created by the missile/jet is the exit hole.
The hole created in the front of the building is large.
1565010616029.png

Last edited:
Another video from the Pentagon on 9/11 showing what looks like a missile hitting it.
A correction to what he says in the video: What he calls the hole created by the missile/jet is the exit hole.
The hole created in the front of the building is large.
View attachment 19409

I'm not convinced that's even the Pentagon, the video is too blurry to tell - it could be anywhere & looks like it could be a row of warehouses. It's shot from an aircraft of some kind, not a static camera. Were there any aircraft flying that close to the Pentagon on the day in question?..

I'm not convinced that's even the Pentagon, the video is too blurry to tell - it could be anywhere & looks like it could be a row of warehouses. It's shot from an aircraft of some kind, not a static camera. Were there any aircraft flying that close to the Pentagon on the day in question?..
Hard to tell whatever it is. The video might have been made blurry to hide a CGI created missile.
There seems to be a stagnation in news from truthers because everything has been studied up and down and back and forth.

One would think Pentagon had 30++ cameras filming the building at all time, but only one or two surveillance videos has been released. It's time they released the rest of the videos from that day.

My real suspicion about 9/11 is regarding the slow USAF response. Why was no one held accountable for that?

How do the conspiracists explain what happened to AAL Flight 77 then?
Radar data tracks the Boeing 757 from take-off to the vicinity of the Pentagon, so where did the aircraft go?

I recall that CT from back in the day...the conspiracy wonks claimed the people and the plane were taken to some secret landing area and hideout and I guess are still there or dead .
o_O

How do the conspiracists explain what happened to AAL Flight 77 then?
Radar data tracks the Boeing 757 from take-off to the vicinity of the Pentagon, so where did the aircraft go?
Yes..that was one of my first thoughts back then....that building must have had multiple cameras....one would think they could see a squirrel approach the building from all angles.

My real suspicion about 9/11 is regarding the slow USAF response. Why was no one held accountable for that?

"They" were held accountable after considerable and recurrent investigations, but the "they" finally judged to bear the primary responsibility for the delay were the FAA (civilian air traffic control) rather than the Air Force. USAF response within domestic airspace as of 2001 was dependent upon notification by, and coordination with, FAA. Crudely stated, NORAD was the 911 operator FAA was supposed to contact upon recognizing an emergency.

The civilian authorities were late in contacting NORAD at all, they were 'way too late in identifying the particular airliners and flight paths involved, and their reports to NORAD were confusing and in some instances erroneous (mis-identifying one of the airliners; giving a mistaken location and track for another).

Last edited:
This report was on Facebook, I thought it would find its way on here but I’ve not spotted it.

(Copied from Facebook, Fortean Times Appreciation group)
‘For anybody interested, the University of Alaska has just published an article reevaluating the collapse of World Trade Center 7.

“It is our conclusion that the collapse of WTC 7 was a global failure involving the near-simultaneous failure of all columns in the building and not a progressive collapse involving the sequential failure of columns throughout the building.

Despite simulating a number of hypothetical scenarios, we were unable to identify any progressive sequence of failures that could have taken place on September 11, 2001, and caused a total collapse of the building, let alone the observed straight-down collapse with approximately 2.5 seconds of free fall and minimal differential movement of the exterior.”

A draft of the report can be downloaded here:’

http://ine.uaf.edu/media/222439/uaf_wtc7_draft_report_09-03-2019.pdf

“It is our conclusion that the collapse of WTC 7 was a global failure involving the near-simultaneous failure of all columns in the building and not a progressive collapse involving the sequential failure of columns throughout the building.

Despite simulating a number of hypothetical scenarios, we were unable to identify any progressive sequence of failures that could have taken place on September 11, 2001, and caused a total collapse of the building, let alone the observed straight-down collapse with approximately 2.5 seconds of free fall and minimal differential movement of the exterior.”

Well, that's...interesting. I am wondering if this will be picked up in the media, or just disappear in the general madness we find ourselves in.

The only thing I ever questioned was why building 7 collapsed at all.

INT21.

This might be of interest to some:
Operation Encore and the Saudi Connection: A Secret History of the 9/11 Investigation

Behind the scenes, a small team of FBI agents spent years trying to solve a stubborn mystery — whether officials from Saudi Arabia, one of Washington’s closest allies, were involved in the worst terror attack in U.S. history. This is their story.

During the last 15 years of his FBI career, Gonzalez was a central figure in the bureau’s effort to understand Saudi connections to 9/11. But even on the inside, Gonzalez often felt as if his own government wanted no part of what he was finding. From the day of the attacks, the trail seemed to point to Saudi Arabia. First, there was the inescapable fact that, like Osama bin Laden, 15 of the 19 hijackers were Saudis.

https://www.propublica.org/article/9-11-investigation-saudi-connections-operation-encore-fbi

Those dancing Israelis in New Jersey has always been mystery. Got to suspect they were Mossad agents who has known about the hijacking plans for a time already, but did not inform the US government, or the Mossad has brainwashed arabs to do the attack.

Back