• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

FT382

Looks a very interesting issue, I will read it tomorrow when I should be working.

I just received the prior issue, so generally can't comment on much:actw:

Is this issue out now? It sounds very interesting indeed!

It will be in the shops on Thursday and I think that’s when the electronic version becomes available although that might depend on who you get it from.

It will be in the shops on Thursday and I think that’s when the electronic version becomes available although that might depend on who you get it from.

Thanks. I'll get it as soon as I can after Thursday. I always buy the print edition in the shops.

Sterling defence of his ufology column by Peter Brookesmith in the letters page. But I do feel that for all it can tell us about the human condition, what's good about his writing is that often he's observing, "Ha, ha, look at the funny man."

Those ice apples are amazing. Also glad to read they will no longer be clipping the ravens' wings at the Tower of London, but using hypnotism instead (huh?).

And speaking of Peter Brookesmith, his article about the late Stanton Friedman is certainly an eye-opener...

Just picked up my copy today as for once I got finished work a bit earlier on a Thursday! Looking forward to going through it. I always start off with 'It Happened to Me' as that is my favourite section of the magazine.

I guess it all depends on how far in advance they submit their articles.

Looking forward to getting it, will be checking Smith's tomorrow, they never have it on the due out date around here. Need to renew my script!

In an age of homeogeneous chain stores with exactly the same logos on every shop front anywhere you go in the country, the usual offshoot of this is that on a typical street you could be anywhere in the UK. It all gets a depressing uniformity and bland sameiness after a while. Not so Bold Street Liverpool - this makes you feel as if you have stepped back in time to about thity years ago. It has life and individuality and a sense of uniqueness about it. And if the initial feeling of Bold Street is that you have stepped back by maybe three decades - in a good way - even before looking for Fortean things - well, then. you're halfway there. I reccomend a visit.

Morning, half way through reading latest issue, had a laugh about the stories regarding the parrots!!!!

Finally got my copy today.

I noticed a small inconsistency in David Hambling's piece on transient lunar phenomena: He says that astronomers in France "took the first photographs of a luminous phenomenon on the Moon" in 1963, but a photo on the page is identified as a "lunar flare" photographed in 1953!

It might have been an editing error, though: Wikipedia says the French photos were the first of a wide area lunar luminescence.

Woohoo. Got mine today. Now I have several hours of reading

Anyone else think the good doctor in ITHM has a problem with sleepwalking and pissing all over his stuff? Yeah, yeah, I know he says the liquid was colourless and odourless but pee often is when you've been on a heavy drinking session (which he admits himself in two of these cases)!
I once watched my drunk step-father sleep walk into a room and piss out of the window and recently heard a story about a neighbour pissing in his wardrobe when drunk sleepwalking, so it's not that uncommon.

W
Anyone else think the good doctor in ITHM has a problem with sleepwalking and pissing all over his stuff? Yeah, yeah, I know he says the liquid was colourless and odourless but pee often is when you've been on a heavy drinking session (which he admits himself in two of these cases)!
I once watched my drunk step-father sleep walk into a room and piss out of the window and recently heard a story about a neighbour pissing in his wardrobe when drunk sleepwalking, so it's not that uncommon.
Well he is a member of this forum so...

I would comment on this but I never received a copy.
I've been sending in clippings for many years but, having checked with the subs department, it looks like the freebies I used to get have stopped.
Not sure if I can be bothered to chase up the missing issue.

Hi to everyone btw - hope you're having fun in the sand pit :)

I would comment on this but I never received a copy.
I've been sending in clippings for many years but, having checked with the subs department, it looks like the freebies I used to get have stopped.
Not sure if I can be bothered to chase up the missing issue.

Hi to everyone btw - hope you're having fun in the sand pit :)

Welcome home!

My immediate thought also.

Back