• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
The pangboche hand, a yeti relic, had a finger tested, which turned out to be hominid in origin.

Then, as it is determined as human, could they take it one step further and see if any DNA can be salvaged from the digit? Also a Carbon 14 dating would be handy.

It could possibly determine things once and for all.

Then, as it is determined as human, could they take it one step further and see if any DNA can be salvaged from the digit? Also a Carbon 14 dating would be handy.

It could possibly determine things once and for all.
Sure, it would be nice to know how old it was but that wouldn't add much to the story. They did take DNA, though it was not one long sequence. I'd say it was determined once and for all: It looks like a human finger, it tested as human. To postulate that it is, instead, something undocumented (like a relic hominid) is not reasonable. Cryptozoologists often invoke the idea of eyewitness testimony being so strong for a cryptid that it would stand up in court. That is a deeply flawed argument as science doesn't work like a legal court. But this is the same premise applied but to an actual object - it has been shown that the hand was human beyond a reasonable doubt.

Pair of Bigfoot Sightings Reported in Georgia, U.S.A

Not one, but two recent sightings. Keep watching the forests...

Motorists passing through northern Georgia in the near future may want to keep an eye out for Sasquatch as the famed cryptid was reportedly spotted twice in the area over the last week. According to a Facebook post from 'Expedition: Bigfoot,' a museum in the town of Cherry Log dedicated to the legendary cryptid, the first of the two alleged encounters occurred on Monday, May 20th as Edward Lee was driving down the highway and noticed "a very dark, 7-8’ tall, hairy, two-legged creature with a pointed head" on the shoulder of the road. The oddity disappeared into a nearby patch of woods and the bewildered driver quickly pulled over in the hopes that the possible Sasquatch would emerge from the forest, but it never did.
https://www.coasttocoastam.com/article/pair-of-bigfoot-sightings-reported-in-ga

If you click it will show the whole video of this bear walking.

I can even begin to describe how astounded, terrified and amused I am by that video all at the same time.
I am terrified of few things while walking in the woods, bears are one.

It's not a stretch that a few walking bears (who do so after front-leg/paw injuries) could easily be mistaken by eager witnesses as Bigfoot, especially if people removed themselves very quickly from the encounter. I don't think anyone is really suggesting that all Bigfoot experiences are bears (or any ONE thing). But some certainly are. If you are faced by any substantial beast, especially in less than optimal viewing conditions, your observational and memory skills are overwhelmed by the desire to flee.

I can even begin to describe how astounded, terrified and amused I am by that video all at the same time.
I am terrified of few things while walking in the woods, bears are one.

It's not a stretch that a few walking bears (who do so after front-leg/paw injuries) could easily be mistaken by eager witnesses as Bigfoot, especially if people removed themselves very quickly from the encounter. I don't think anyone is really suggesting that all Bigfoot experiences are bears (or any ONE thing). But some certainly are. If you are faced by any substantial beast, especially in less than optimal viewing conditions, your observational and memory skills are overwhelmed by the desire to flee.

I'll settle for the Aussie bush with it's itinerant beasties like cassowaries and crocs any day. The best advice for a chance meeting is one and the same - to climb something.

With your big cats, bears and Dick Cheney's, I always forget whether it is best advice to get big, get small, or run and dodge like hell.

Must.Get.It.Right...

I'll settle for the Aussie bush with it's itinerant beasties like cassowaries and crocs any day. The best advice for a chance meeting is one and the same - to climb something.

With your big cats, bears and Dick Cheney's, I always forget whether it is best advice to get big, get small, or run and dodge like hell.

Must.Get.It.Right...
Saltwater crocs are far, far more dangerous than bears and pumas.

Saltwater crocs are far, far more dangerous than bears and pumas.

Very true LordMongrove - They can run like a yearling, and swim like nobodies business but they can't climb trees too well...I reckon that it's a case of sticking with what you're familiar with. Eh.

Gunshot fired at Mammoth Cave campsite following alleged Bigfoot sighting

MAMMOTH CAVE, Ky. (WKRN) — Federal officials are investigating an incident involving at least one gunshot fired over the weekend at Mammoth Cave National Park that was prompted by an alleged sighting of Bigfoot.

A spokesperson for the national park said law enforcement rangers responded around 2 a.m. Sunday to an incident involving a person with a firearm at one of the park’s backcountry campsites.

While the park did not release any additional information, a camper named Brad Ginn told News 2 that he and his girlfriend were there at the time.

Ginn said the two went to sleep around 11 p.m. and woke up around 1 a.m. to people shining flashlights on their tent. The couple exited their tent to find a man and his young son approaching.

According to Ginn, the man explained that something had destroyed his campsite and that he kept hearing strange sounds, so he was going to investigate because this was “Bigfoot Country.”

Ginn’s girlfriend claimed she heard the same sounds.

The man reportedly showed the couple his gun and told them if they heard gunshots, they should run.

Ginn and his girlfriend returned to their tent and said about five to 10 minutes later, they heard at least one gunshot.

The man and his son returned to the couple’s tent and stated that Bigfoot had emerged from the woods, and approached them, so he had fired his weapon.

Due to the bizarre circumstances, Ginn said he and his girlfriend immediately packed up and left the campsite.

https://www.wspa.com/news/gunshot-fired-at-mammoth-cave-campsite-following-alleged-bigfoot-sighting/

Video of the News Report at link.

There’s No Sasquatch Conspiracy Afoot, Scientists Say
https://hotalien.com/theres-no-sasquatch-conspiracy-afoot-scientists-say/

Features quotes by Disotell, Sykes, Meldrum and Norman MacLeod. All sound reasonable except for Meldrum, who, in recent Facebook posts, has gone full crank and dismissed every scholarly, skeptical cryptozoology book that fairly questions the lack of good Bigfoot data. He's lost all cred in my opinion.

...All sound reasonable except for Meldrum, who, in recent Facebook posts, has gone full crank and dismissed every scholarly, skeptical cryptozoology book that fairly questions the lack of good Bigfoot data...
It would be a pity if he has - he always came over as very balanced, whilst maintaining his belief in the objective reality of a flesh and blood creature not necessarily accepting every report as genuine. His bemused contribution to Standing's ridiculous "Discovering Bigfoot", in which he clearly (but politely) didn't buy any of it is a highlight.

1566328231509.png

A wild Kickstarter for a faux Bigfoot rug:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/authenticbigfoot/authentic-bigfoot-bigfoot-pelts-for-your-world
We have started this company to bring magic to the every day!! We believe in the unexplainable and we have decided to create something that we have never seen before. We have years of experience in not only the design world but also the flooring world.

These pelts/rugs are constructed from the highest quality wool. They are hand finished and embellished, so no two will ever be alike (I mean no two bigfoot are alike right?) Constructed locally, we are happy to bring you Authentic BigFoot!

Get ready to bring the beast home!!

The video above is suspicious to me for several reasons....why did he eventually stop recording...why didn't the 'creature' turn or run when the person filming made noise when moving, and of course why was he filming to begin with out there..?
I also wonder if these 'apes' exists in the wild ,as many have said , there must be a fairly good sized breeding group...yet they are rarely seen, etc..
and man is constantly encroaching on wild habitats. It's very curious.

Back