• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Americapox

mikfez

Generally Bewildered
The Missing Plague
and the follow up
Animal Domestication

@mikfez ? please can you add an explanation for cum description of the subject?

cgeers! Frides

He means tell us what those videos are all about.
Why not watch the videos and figure it out for yourself?
I would have thought that "The Missing Plague" and "Animal Domestication" would have been enough.
How much of an essay do you require?
@Frideswide - Still don't understand what a "cum description" is

Why not watch the videos and figure it out for yourself?
I would have thought that "The Missing Plague" and "Animal Domestication" would have been enough.
How much of an essay do you require?
@Frideswide - Still don't understand what a "cum description" is

@mikfez

It is a courtesy to other members to add your own thoughts and a brief summary - albeit less brief than the title - when posting links

* people often don't have the time or bandwith to indulge in speculative posting

* people often don't click links unless they think there is something interesting at the other end anyway

* if you look around you will find lots of posts which were originally just such links. They are now broken and the title or few words don't give mods enough to chase down and find an alternative source.

If you want people to look at you stuff, now and in the future, then do as you've been politely asked and fill out the descriptions. Very happy to discuss this policy by PM if you'd like - otherwise fix the problem and let this thread have some sort of forward motion!

Frideswide

cum? as in summa cum laude
1569754737371.png

Why not watch the videos and figure it out for yourself? ...

In general, blind links without some sort of introductory explanation or description are discouraged.

For one thing, nowadays there are increasing risks that following a blind link may have negative outcomes (e.g., from hacking, malware, and / or exposing oneself to unwanted data collection or advertising).

Unexplained links are black holes, and anyone gullible enough to follow them just because they're posted is on their own.

Speaking solely for myself, and without specific regard to mikfez or this particular occurrence ... I don't allow anyone to get away with attempting to hijack an arbitrarily substantial amount of my time by simply lobbing a link over the wall and expecting me to follow it just to find out what it may represent in the first place.

Having said that ...

In this case I tracked down and posted another link (see above) providing an explanation for the Americapox video. This was a courtesy, insofar as it's not my job to explain anything / everything cryptic someone throws over the wall.

Also in this case ... The juxtaposition of two videos with no face-value cross-relationship made the invitation even more cryptic and suspicious. Even if someone had checked my subsequent link to learn the Americapox video had something to do with New versus Old World impacts from foreign contagions, they'd still be left wondering what this had to do with animal domestication.

Back