• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Weird Creature Filmed By Fishermen In Thailand

James_H

And I like to roam the land
https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/331146/weird-creature-filmed-by-fishermen-in-thailand

This mystery animal was captured on camera next to a fishing boat and nobody seems to know what it is.
Resembling a turtle without its shell, the creature was spotted by fisherman as it glided effortlessly through the water next to their boat with its head and neck raised above the surface.

Little is actually known about the clip, which has so far racked up over 50,000 views on YouTube, so it is unclear exactly where it originated or who the men were who recorded it.

Some have speculated that it could be a new species, while others suggest that the clip is a hoax.

In comments, others suggest an octopus or some plant debris.

My first impression is that it's botanical rather than zoological - e.g., a floating frond of seaweed or kelp. Many aquatic plants have stalks or stems which are buoyant.

It looks like a seal with a plastic bag trapped on it

I think I've seen that video before, possibly a while ago. It certainly looks plant like, there appear to be two large "leaves" and small portion of branch or stem at the top.

Back