• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

People You Thought Were Dead

David Bellamy. I SWEAR he died years ago.

me too.... I thought there was an obituary and all the nice talking many years ago....

Geez.. I am glad he lived for so long. I watched him in my childhood and even then he did not look too young ... this is a still from 80's PO commercial

Attachments

• 1576748950870.png
    1576748950870.png
    355.7 KB · Views: 14
But this time they really were. The date on the article attached would have been a clue (she died last year). The tweeter is a journalist apparently which is somewhat worrying.
CE13D982-3994-4E13-A0DC-0C11F054316E.png

Happy birthday, John Astin!

'Addams Family' Star John Astin Turns 90[

Legendary actor John Astin just turned 90 on March 30 and fans of all generations celebrated his birthday. Astin is of course, most popularly known for his leading role as Gomez Addams in the original black and white television series version of The Addams Family, but he has also appeared in a number of other movies and TV series.
As the actor turned 90, his fans went online to make his day even more special by talking about some of the best performances in his long career.

For some reason I thought he'd died some years ago, along with other actors associated with the show. It's great to know he's still with us!

Can remember being taken on a school visit to see West Side Story at the cinema (during my English O Level, when we were also treated to Far From The Madding Crowd) and recognising Astin as the dance organiser who nearly causes a riot. He was hilarious.

Happy birthday, John Astin!

'Addams Family' Star John Astin Turns 90[

For some reason I thought he'd died some years ago, along with other actors associated with the show. It's great to know he's still with us!

Can remember being taken on a school visit to see West Side Story at the cinema (during my English O Level, when we were also treated to Far From The Madding Crowd) and recognising Astin as the dance organiser who nearly causes a riot. He was hilarious.

Definitely one of my favourite actors!

tomato.jpg

The other day I broke it to my husband that Eddie Large had just died and told him I was reading a tribute to him from Syd Little... He looked shocked and said he thought Syd Little had been dead years.

I'm still reeling from June Whitfield. I had no idea she'd gone. The reverse effect I guess.

The other day I broke it to my husband that Eddie Large had just died and told him I was reading a tribute to him from Syd Little... He looked shocked and said he thought Syd Little had been dead years.

I'm still reeling from June Whitfield. I had no idea she'd gone. The reverse effect I guess.

Some of my mates went to Syd Little's pub before they went to a Fleetwood Town match a few years ago (they are ground baggers). Unfortunately they never got to go see him, apparently he was working in the kitchen at the time.

Hubby may be thinking of Dustin Gee, who died as recently as 1986.

Some of my mates went to Syd Little's pub before they went to a Fleetwood Town match a few years ago (they are ground baggers). Unfortunately they never got to go see him, apparently he was working in the kitchen at the time.
My claim to fame is I'm Tommy Cannon's neighbour (if you walk across two fields in a diagonal line).

Post of the year - brilliant, (I'm not being sarky. I love these sorts of posts),
I've seen her doing the half time draw at a football match, but that was from about 75 yards away.

I love the idea that Sid was working in the kitchen even though he owns the place in his big glasses.

Also, I know Fleetwood quite well and If I'd known one of the 3 pubs or so was owned by Sid I would have gone in.

That's close enough for me. I don't (knowingly) live near any celebrities, past or present.

Sometimes see him in his massive car on the back lane and he always waves at you and smiles. But I don’t think he recognises us as locals - just his default in case people recognise him. He’s popular locally and I hear he “does a lot for charity”...

Lord Bath has died with the dreaded lurgy. Thought he had passed years ago. An over the top colourful character if there ever there was one.

I thought the actor Jack Shepherd had died of cancer about 4/5 years ago but it seems I am happily mistaken. He will be 80 in October.

I was convinced David Guest had died... then he did!

Yup, someone mistakenly mentioned his death on TV, which to prompted him to call his upcoming tour 'David Gest Is Not Dead But Alive With Soul'!
He died quietly of a stroke at 62 shortly before the tour was to begin.

Back