• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Minor Strangeness (IHTM)

This has been driving me crazy. The other week I had a memory come up on my timeline on Facebook relating to something that person and I had taken part in. I did a screenshot so I would know when it had happened. Well that has now become very pertinent and I can’t find the screenshot anywhere. I’ve looked on my phone, my iPad, my cloud back up, my screenshots and my deleted files and I can’t find it anywhere, it seems to have totally disappeared. Like I said it’s been driving me crackers.

I will post this here, although I could have posted in the dreams thread I suppose. On 23 April, my grandmother passed away at the grand age of 100. I was called by her care home on the Monday and told she was dying, and went in to see her every day until she died. In the run up to her death, I was not sleeping well, she had not left any instructions and there was a lot for me to sort out. Usually when I dream, my dreams are narrative in nature, some kind of surreal storyline carrying me through a series of adventures. On Thursday night, I slept profoundly with a powerful non-narrative dream, just an overpowering image of a bunch of red roses, nothing else. I woke up with a tight knot in my stomach, thinking "today is the day".

At just before 11am on Friday, I caught movement out of the corner of my eye. A reflection, as of sunlight, was dancing across the corner of my office. The corner in question is the most shady corner, no direct sunlight ever falls there. However, due to the particular arrangement of my office and the corridor, it is hard for light even to reflect there. I investigated and just could not work out where the light was coming from, and was unable to block it with my hand, most odd. The "reflection" lasted a few minutes and stopped. A short while later, just as I was about to pick up the phone to arrange that day's visit to my grandmother, I received a call notifying me of her death.
Sorry for your loss SB, but what a long life grandma had. Your experience does not appear to be uncommon, there are many posts on here about events surrounding a death. Maybe the light you saw was her saying goodbye.

Sorry for your loss SB, but what a long life grandma had. Your experience does not appear to be uncommon, there are many posts on here about events surrounding a death. Maybe the light you saw was her saying goodbye.
Of 4 family bereavements I've experienced in adulthood, I have always experienced something odd, either in the immediate run-up, or in the aftermath, always a single instance of weirdness, and never the same weirdness twice. In this case, with the dream and the odd reflection, I suppose I could count it as the first multiple-weirdness bereavement.

Do ghost animals exist. ?

My older daughter and her husband swear that sometimes they hear a cat meow in their bedroom and house closets.

Then it gets weirder when they think they hear a cat scratching at furniture.

My daughter is a straight shooter, so I believe her.

Brought in the mail today and one was a letter with some kind of loyalty card judging from the envelope.
Strange thing was, it was for my address but the name was for a German woman.
I thought this was a bit strange as we are the only caucasians in the court so I went to google to see if I could find an address,
Only person with that name died in Germany in 2017 so either this person isn't on social media or no longer exists.
I was hoping I could just pop it into the right box, now will have return it to the sender.

Brought in the mail today and one was a letter with some kind of loyalty card judging from the envelope.
Strange thing was, it was for my address but the name was for a German woman.
I thought this was a bit strange as we are the only caucasians in the court so I went to google to see if I could find an address,
Only person with that name died in Germany in 2017 so either this person isn't on social media or no longer exists.
I was hoping I could just pop it into the right box, now will have return it to the sender.

We once received a letter at our home, addressed to a woman with a very African-sounding name. No-one of that name has ever lived at this house. l believe that it was part of some sort of scam, perhaps establishing a UK address for some reason?

maximus otter

A couple of years ago I accidentally opened an envelope sent to my address and sent it back to Origin energy as it was a bill for someone who had supposedly moved here and the bill was for their previous address. They are not even my supplier and won't be.
It took me 3 years and many phone calls and emails as they simply would not believe that person didn't live here and I was getting debt collectors letters and ones from their solicitor.
I finally contacted the Ombudsman and then it ceased.
Thus I am not opening this envelope.

Last week the snowglobe my grandaughter had given me fell down and broke.
I just found out that last week she had fallen at work and gone to hospital as her eg was numb.
Will see her today so hope she's ok now.

Is she ok? Let us know, if she doesn't mind us being nosy about her!

She was going back to work tonight after having a few days off. She still has a massive bruise on her leg though and is still a bit sore.
Apparently some of the big bosses were at her work and wanted to see some of the staff tops. The worker who was supposed to have brought them down hadn't done so so my granddaughter collected a pile and was coming down the stairs.
This same worker put a wet floor notice at the bottom of the stairs and my granddaughter, with the clothes pile , didn't see it and as she stepped down slipped on it.
Although she was in pain she attended the meeting with the bosses and managed to get home, where she messaged her mother, who was at work, to take her to hospital, where they gave her various tests and they didn't get home till 2am.

Scots were up in arms when Irn Bru reduced their sugar content and were convinced it had ruined the taste.
It did. Not only that, the sweeteners left a disgusting chemical aftertaste in my mouth, it was like drinking bleach. I was never the biggest fan of Irn Bru, but Barr's, the makers, did lots of other drinks and I liked their Cola, Red Cola, Tizer and so on, and every one of them was completely ruined by the switch away from sugar. Undrinkable slop now.

We have a 6 year old staffy/jack russell cross. Have always had staffies/bull terriers before so can account for all the staffy in her. And it's the jack russell that's the weird part. She communicates in growls (never heard a staffy growl), she's scowling all day (staffies good natured and smile) - all the grumpy, miserable bits of her personality are the jack russell gene. Someone else I know with a different kind of jack russell cross told me their dog's exactly the same...
Yeah I had a staffy cross (not sure what with, lab maybe) and this little Jack Chi growls all the time compared to him. She's good natured though. One thing both dogs have in common is that they are starving ALL THE TIME and go absolutely crazy when there's food around. Greedy bastards.

Mummy, this lemonade.jpg

It did. Not only that, the sweeteners left a disgusting chemical aftertaste in my mouth, it was like drinking bleach. I was never the biggest fan of Irn Bru, but Barr's, the makers, did lots of other drinks and I liked their Cola, Red Cola, Tizer and so on, and every one of them was completely ruined by the switch away from sugar. Undrinkable slop now.
Ah but much healthier. Amazing how health and enjoying yourself often conflict. Sugar rush is much better for my health.

Back