• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Shape-Shifting UFO Reported

Distant fighter plane changing angle relative to the camera?

Video. . .

That much is apparent from the, uhhhhhh, embedded video ...

We've previously warned you folks that videos simply lobbed onto the forum without explanation or informative links are subject to deletion.

An additional link to discussion of this particular sighting (at AboveTopSecret) has been added as a courtesy and to prevent our having to delete this posting out of hand. Don't expect this to be an ongoing service the staff will provide.

Lob another video without comment or introduction onto our forum and it may well disappear without notification or comment.

That much is apparent from the, uhhhhhh, embedded video ...

We've previously warned you folks that videos simply lobbed onto the forum without explanation or informative links are subject to deletion.

An additional link to discussion of this particular sighting (at AboveTopSecret) has been added as a courtesy and to prevent our having to delete this posting out of hand. Don't expect this to be an ongoing service the staff will provide.

Lob another video without comment or introduction onto our forum and it may well disappear without notification or comment.
*Noted - but I wasn't aware of the previous warning/condition ~ personally!

Last edited:
The Metabunk people seem to think this is Venus, highly distorted by the aeroplane window and excessive magnification. I think the wavelike patterns seen in parts of the clip might be vibrations from the 'plane engine, transmitted through the person taking the movie. venus.png

The Metabunk people seem to think this is Venus, highly distorted by the aeroplane window and excessive magnification. I think the wavelike patterns seen in parts of the clip might be vibrations from the 'plane engine, transmitted through the person taking the movie.View attachment 42826
I can see your take on this in parts of the clip 'eburacum,' but it doesn't explain this shot when an actual structure comes into clear view?
Screenshot 2021-07-30 111545.jpg

That is not a structure, it is a waveform known as a 'caustic'. When light is reflected or refracted through a slightly bumpy surface, the rays bunch together to form caustic patterns of more intense light.

Actually I love caustics, which often appear in the reflections of sunlight from irregular surfaces, and form a range of complex patterns that are pleasing to the eye.
------------------------
Here's a shot from Bladerunner 2049, using caustic-inspired lighting.
0.jpg

------------------------
Here's caustics by Anders Sandberg showing light coming through a vase.
caustic.jpg

------------------------
Here are some caustics in a photo I took, showing the reflection of windows onto a wall in York. I call this one Time Dilation.

time dilation.jpg

It's not easy to get your head around this 'eburacum!' But I think I see what you saying. . . something like light reflections/refractions from water visually hitting surrounding surfaces is what immediately comes to mind?

Last edited:
That's right. Reflections off water, and underwater refractions, are caustics.

Reactions: Sid
Back