Search results

1. Lord Lucan

Thylacines & Thylacoleos: Pre-1936 & Genetic Ethics

An extinct Tasmanian tiger's skin which sat in a New Zealand drawer unrecognised for 76 years may help scientists to bring the species back to life. .. Tasmanian tiger skin from Whanganui drawer may help bring the thylacine back to life
  2. Lord Lucan

Medical Mysteries, Bizarre Cases

Hmmm... Woman develops inability to hear men talk I wonder if there's ever been (genuine) cases of men unable to hear women?
  3. Lord Lucan

Incorrecto! State-Hired Mimes In Bogotá

Poor taste, poor taste. My brother ran away from home to study mime. We never heard from him again.
  4. Lord Lucan

Welcome To The New Board: Technical Problems & Known Issues

Great tip. Many thanks. Just downloaded.
  5. Lord Lucan

How Old Are You?

I shall endeavor, though not promise to do my best.
  6. Lord Lucan

How Old Are You?

No, not my birthday I'm afraid. Just feeling, tired, weary and bloody hot. We're in the middle of a heatwave here and I've been cleaning out rubbish and moving furniture for 10 hours in one of our shops today. One room of it is air conditioned, but it can only do so much when it's 40 degrees...
  7. Lord Lucan

How Old Are You?

53 and today, feeling every year of it.
  8. Lord Lucan

The R.I.P. Thread

Broadway legend Carol Channing has died at age 97 She was someone who always seemed to pop up on every variety show when I was growing up. Also the Love Boat. What an amazing career.
  9. Lord Lucan

Stuff You've Just Bought

Some RFID credit card and passport protector sleeves from China. The late night fun never ceases in this household.
  10. Lord Lucan

Fortean Headlines

I bet that went down like a lead balloon! Did they marry after the unfortunate evening?
  11. Lord Lucan

What Are You Eating & Drinking?

Sounds like an evening worth repeating often (minus the farting).
  12. Lord Lucan

Worst Movie EVER?

I couldn't agree more. A 'good', bad film is far more enjoyable on so many more levels than a big budget failure. Often overacted, over use of cgi and special effects at the expense of storyline and character development.
  13. Lord Lucan

Fortean Headlines

I did a search to see if this headline from 2014 had been reported on here, however it appears to have been overlooked: Ragtag Team of Rogue Chihuahuas Terrorizing Arizona Town Apparently, they chased children and defecated everywhere. My niece had one, it was a snarling, vicious little beast.
  14. Lord Lucan

Worst Movie EVER?

Perhaps not the worst ever ratings or takings wise, but in my opinion, two of the worst movies I've seen are: The Producers - 2005 The film version of the Mel Brooks stage play. Christ, this was bad. The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen - 2003. Droll, boring, stupid plotline.
  15. Lord Lucan

Strange Things As Food & Drink

In my younger days, I did try some snake rice wine at a snake farm in Thailand. This was a large bottle of wine into which some poor serpent was coiled steeping. It tasted pretty vile, a little like sweet vinegar and cost a lot. It was claimed to have had some medicinal properties, insomuch as...
  16. Lord Lucan

Article On "The Most Haunted Places In Australia"

I know this is bumping a thread from years back, but I'm doing a 3 hour paranormal investigators tour of Beechworth Lunatic Asylum on the 27th of this month. It is reputed to be one of the most haunted locations in the country and I am looking forward to the evening very much. Here's some info...
  17. Lord Lucan

Just finished a crumbed chicken breast with a little bacon and avocado on top then under the grill with some cheese to make it all gooey. A small side salad and a couple of glasses of a crisp apple cider to wash it all down.
  18. Lord Lucan

Go on, take one for the team. Enquiring minds and all. There really are some horrid things out there considered to be delicacies. Who on Earth though of soaking eggs in piss would be a good idea, let alone eating the results?
  19. Lord Lucan

Death Masks Of The Infamous (Criminals, Etc.)

He looks oddly quite peaceful, almost quietly content.
  20. Lord Lucan

Random/Peculiar Images

I want two.
  21. Lord Lucan

The 'Surplus Virgin Store' ?
  22. Lord Lucan

Death Masks Of The Infamous (Criminals, Etc.)

I've created this thread under 'Fortean Crime' as many criminals of note had death masks made after their demise. That being said, many well known people in their day not of the criminal fraternity also had death masks made of them. It's a topic I find rather interesting, to see the face of...
  23. Lord Lucan

No, I've not. I can't say that the sound of it appeals to me, however, I'll give most things a go at least once.
  24. Lord Lucan

On our way home from the U.S we stopped off in Singapore, a city we visit yearly. It's a food lover's paradise and I love it for the diversity and strange food and drink I often find when there. I am not certain how the juice is extracted from the virgins, one can only guess...
  25. Lord Lucan

Was in a small supermarket in Vermont last year and came across these two products... I enjoy lobster ( a lot ) and don't mind clams, particularly if they're fried but was curious what the 'juice' of these creatures is used for. I asked someone who worked there and was told it gets put into...
  26. Lord Lucan

Well, I can't disagree with that.
  27. Lord Lucan

Sourdough, two slices, one with a Danish salted butter, the other with a super crunchy peanut butter. I could be a glutton and go for more, but I have to leave in a moment.
  28. Lord Lucan

Fortean Headlines

Most unfortunate. I should have taken a screen capture because aside from the silliness of the headline in the first place, it was the irony of where he went to commit his heroic deed that had me laughing.
  29. Lord Lucan

The best kind of cheesecake (not that there's a bad sort really).
  30. Lord Lucan

Fortean Headlines

Pastor claims he went to heaven and killed Satan. Phew, that's a relief.
  31. Lord Lucan

TV & Movie Clichés

Every window in Paris has a wonderful view of the Eiffel Tower.
  32. Lord Lucan

Satanic Abuse Rumbles On?

Here's an interesting read on the topic: How quack psychology helped pundits invent the Satanic Panic of the 1980s and '90s.
  33. Lord Lucan

Things That Make You Go... WTF?

There's a whole lot to be said about that reply, but perhaps those thoughts are best left unsaid. Some people...
  34. Lord Lucan

Things That Make You Go... WTF?

Haha, all these whale puns, you guys krill me!
  35. Lord Lucan

Weird Sex

At least it's a fairly harmless activity, unless one is in too much of a rush to enjoy oneself and hasn't let the cake cool down enough from the oven. I wonder what the good folk from the Great British Bake Off would think of this?
  36. Lord Lucan

Let's Get To Know (and possibly see) Our Fellow Forteans

Is this the Hoff (as I pick myself up off the floor after an epileptic fit)? This image is almost hypnotic. I must send it to everyone I know.
  37. Lord Lucan

Whatever gave you that idea? :rollingw:
  38. Lord Lucan

Me, at the Salem Witch Museum, Salem, Massachusetts in May 2018. We'd just driven up from Boston and spent the morning exploring here before continuing up the coast to Maine. A beautiful and picturesque part of the world.
  39. Lord Lucan

Thinking Of Visiting Australia?

A couple of months ago, before we had some decent rain, there were roos everywhere trying to find feed. They were coming into gardens to eat, hopping down the main street of our town and causing chaos for traffic everywhere around here. One night coming home, one bounded out from the trees right...
  40. Lord Lucan

What TV Are You Watching?

Vikings - series 2.
  41. Lord Lucan

Ghosts: Real Or Just Our Imagination?

Never felt afraid aside from the first experience I described. It was unexpected (but then aren't all encounters?) and not what I'd hoped to see in a new home that I considered old and creepy. It felt haunted from the moment we moved there. Of all the others, the voice of my ex-wife was...
  42. Lord Lucan

At least they'd remember the encounter! :ghunt:
  43. Lord Lucan

Fortean Headlines

Oh oh, looks like most of us are in BIG trouble! Smartphone users warned to be careful of the Antichrist
  44. Lord Lucan

Fortean Headlines

I'm not sure what would be more dangerous, inserting them or extracting them. Yikes!!!
  45. Lord Lucan

Unreleased And/Or Unfinished Films, TV Shows, Games & Music

The appeal of fame, fortune, Hollywood and and imagined easy life just holds too bigger sway over some young, pretty mercenary people and those in the position of power are more than happy to indulge them, particularly if their own star is on the wane. I once knew a woman who even referred to...
  46. Lord Lucan

Yes, the final 20-30 minutes is martial arts mastery at it's best. He was ahead of his time, of that there is no doubt. As for the rest of the completed film, cut and pasted together with bad look-a-likes, old footage and dubious camera tricks, we'd have been better off just having the final...
  47. Lord Lucan

I have read it before here and find it the most amazing story. Unsettling, yet beautiful at the same time.
  48. Lord Lucan

What Were You Doing Five Minutes Ago?

Just finished watching a show called American Monsters. Episode 2 was on Mothman and the Bell Witch. Not a bad little show (it's on Amazon Prime).
  49. Lord Lucan

Fortean Headlines

Browsing Reddit earlier & came across this headline: Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez Fake Nude Photos Debunked By Foot Fetishist
  50. Lord Lucan

A film that remained unfinished after the original production ceased (1972) yet was subsequently finished and released (1978), but really shouldn't have been, was Bruce Lee's 'Game of Death'. At the time of it's release, Bruce had been dead for 5 years and it's other big star, Hollywood legend...