Search results

1. GNC

What Were You Doing Five Minutes Ago?

There is now.
  2. GNC

Political Correctness Rides Again

Shouldn't Good Morning Britain be more accurately renamed Rotten Morning Britain?
  3. GNC

The Good Stuff Online Thread

Considering the deafening volume of whingeing that greeted the 2016 version, I'm tempted to ignore every Ghostbusters from now on, past and future. Including the cartoon.
  4. GNC

Namecheck For Mr Fort

Edgar Lustgarten, but he wasn't really a horror author.
  5. GNC

Terry Pratchett

Brief Good Omens update: on Mark Kermode's podcast this week, he interviewed David Arnold who's composing the music, and they revealed… Mark is playing the theme tune on harmonica! Apart from that, it goes through different time periods, past, present and future, and Heaven and Hell for good...
  6. GNC

Jordan Peterson

Except it was P. Diddy, not Kanye. So all black people look the same to you, I suppose! I am offended on behalf of an entire race!
  7. GNC

Max Headroom Pirate TV Broadcast (1987)

Care to share? One of the most compelling things about this is the utter mystery of who was behind it, even decades later. No one admitted it, no one apparently knew who it was. I'm even sceptical about "some bloke on the internet knows" admissions.
  8. GNC

Upcoming Marvel Adaptations

Cool story, bra. Sorry, I mean "Cool bra story".
  9. GNC

Ice Circles

Looks like the moon in a bucket! A very big bucket.
  10. GNC

End Of The World 92/93

It would be a lot more unusual for a year to go by without someone predicting the end of the world.
  11. GNC

Who Agrees?

There was a thread in Mainstream News a while ago that got really... uncomfortable.
  12. GNC

Blitz Limericks

You know how I sat on those shears? The shock almost had me in tears! Then that lawnmower Really made you sore And confirmed your worst gardening fears. *** Tony Stark, he lives up to his name Cashing on his great Iron Man fame
  13. GNC

Limericks

A voice coach is just what you need. For booming tones with which you'll succeed
  14. GNC

Fan theories about the Spidey trailer now include Iron Man dying in Endgame because it's Nick Fury who appears to Peter, not Tony Stark. But didn't So maybe they're messing with us.
  15. GNC

Best bit of the new Spidey trailer? The orchestral version of the classic theme, of course!
  16. GNC

Old-School Cool

Yeah, it's a heartbreaker - they used to call them weepies.
  17. GNC

Who Agrees?

I hope this isn't turning into another INT21 misogyny thread. We all have our problems, male and female, some we can overcome, some we have to live with. Love and relationships shouldn't be a competition. Some work out, some don't, and the reasons can be simple or complicated. There's no...
  18. GNC

Jordan Peterson

Heck, seeing a man depicted as a diddy in a washing powder ad is enough to send some men into a rage.
  19. GNC

Jordan Peterson

Oh... life's too short. Thanks anyway.
  20. GNC

Fortean Headlines

The stories behind a lot of these headlines would make for legit topics worth discussing on other threads.
  21. GNC

Who Agrees?

Isn't it more to do with society forbidding men from showing weakness, so when you do find yourself, as a man, in a place that's not too healthy, physically or mentally, you are far more reluctant to even admit to yourself, never mind anyone else? If we could get over the stigma of poor mental...
  22. GNC

Non-Fortean Films

OK, I might give it a go, though it might remind me of when Little and Large did their Stan and Ollie impressions.
  23. GNC

Blitz Limericks

One day I will have lots of cash and away I will go, like a flash. To the bookmakers My local money takers Then I'll be back at a dash. *** Like a machine that was missing a cog There once was this poor, lovelorn frog
  24. GNC

Old-School Cool

It's a pity Gone With the Wind has been repurposed as that old racist movie these days, because Vivien Leigh was brilliant in it. She was great elsewhere too, but nothing that would overshadow GWTW.
  25. GNC

How Old Are You?

Pints?
  26. GNC

Non-Fortean Films

Everyone says it's a lovely film, but I'm not sure I want to see Stan and Ollie fighting and arguing for real.
  27. GNC

Humour & Jokes

Just listening to that new Anderson Paak album and he samples Rodney Dangerfield lamenting on The Johnny Carson Tonight Show: "This girl told me, come on over tonight, there's nobody home. When I went over, there was nobody home!"
  28. GNC

Limericks

As I'm tall, debonair, multilingual I often get asked "Are you single?" "Yes, but not by choice!" "It's because of my voice"
  29. GNC

What TV Are You Watching?

Gone full on paranoid far right conspiracy theorist nut, as far as I can tell. OK, that's probably worse than Mamet.
  30. GNC

Horror Films

Hey, it's a good podcast. And makes me wonder if Mr Friedkin has too much influence over Mr Kermode (who says Exorcist II is the worst film ever made and wrote a film for him last year).
  31. GNC

British Politician John Smith Murdered?

Godwin.
  32. GNC

Jordan Peterson

The trouble is, the far right is providing hope of a false kind to young and middle-aged white men, since that's what happens when they get told they're the enemy from all sides. If you didn't think you were racist, sexist, a potential (maybe actual) rapist, a violent offender and all that...
  33. GNC

What Music?

I once voiced the opinion that PF weren't completely brilliant in an online discussion some years ago (not on here) and received a torrent of abuse. So be careful with that opinion, Eugene. For the record, I love the first album.
  34. GNC

Simmons' Carrion Comfort would make a great TV series, I think. Just a pity he's done a Mamet and turned into a maniac recently.
  35. GNC

Limericks

So. are they 'cheese eating surrender monkeys' ? Doesn't matter when their disco's so funky
  36. GNC

Philip K. Dick

It's good, isn't it? Really faithful, which helps because it's one of his best books, and the animation just keeps it this side of unreal. Still waiting on that Three Stigmata of Palmer Eldritch film that was supposed to star Gary Oldman. In the 1990s.
  37. GNC

The 'Sharpened Pencils Up The Nostrils Examination' Legend

The one I heard had a pupil stand up in the middle of an exam and shout "I'M AN ORANGE!!!" When the invigilator approached to calm him down, he screamed "DON'T SQUEEZE ME!!!" Bit more comical than suicide, but the exam anxiety theme is there.
  38. GNC

Autonomous / Self-Driving Cars and Other Ground Vehicles

Judging by a lot of the drivers I see when I'm out, robots sure can't be any worse.
  39. GNC

Spectral Images

Do you have any examples of these photos you think may be genuine, just so we can get a better idea of what you mean?
  40. GNC

Bronze Age Discoveries

Plus it makes it harder to link to Game of Thrones - always a disappointment for journalists reporting on archaeology.
  41. GNC

Minor Strangeness

Probably not a good idea to upload a video of someone without their permission. Though I don't know how you'd go about getting that permission.
  42. GNC

Pff… go for the deep cut: Dippy Dragonaurus.
  43. GNC

In my world, that's being on Amazon Prime, even if you have to pay extra for it. Maybe if you wait a year they'll put it on free with the sub?
  44. GNC

Random/Peculiar Images

C'mon, who doesn't want a handy collapsible house?
  45. GNC

Yes it is - I was thinking of getting it but got The Orville instead.
  46. GNC

Blitz Limericks

I peel spuds with my latest invention Patent pending, I hasten to mention. Never mind that small knife It'll just cause you strife Now you'll have lots of mash, no contention. *** The reason Queen Bess liked to dally With potato magnate Walter Raleigh
  47. GNC

Stuff You've Just Bought

They won't give you the rest of the season until it's broadcast on UK TV (not sure what channel it's on here). That happens weekly. We're about a week behind the US broadcast, so episode 2 will be next Saturday, 3 will be the Saturday after that, and so on. I do know from a friend that Amazon...
  48. GNC

What Are You Eating & Drinking?

I have this Toblerone I got for Christmas I still haven't started. I don't mind the taste, but they're so bloody awkward to eat. You break of a triangle with your fingers and its difficult enough, plus you get chocolate on your hands, but you could crack a tooth trying to bite off a triangle...
  49. GNC

British Politician John Smith Murdered?

Not 6 million Jews, then?
  50. GNC

Humour & Jokes

I knew someone in college who had a mentally disabled son, and the only comedy he loved was Russ Abbott. Though apparently he didn't laugh at it, oddly.