Search results

1. Xanatic*

The Bible: Fact Or Fiction?

It's a common theological quandary.
  2. Xanatic*

David Icke & His Work

The cave is in the Sahara. It shows the first attempts by lizards to pose as humans I guess. https://news.nationalgeographic.com/2016/02/160225-sahara-rock-art-stencils-egypt-caves-reptiles/
  3. Xanatic*

David Icke & His Work

There is a cave, with stone age paintings done using both human and lizard hands. Odd...
  4. Xanatic*

There are many types of eyes in the animal kingdom. Some are little more than a patch of light-sensitive skin.
  5. Xanatic*

Worst British Accent Attempt. Ever.

Mads Mikkelsen also plays everyone with a danish accent, which rather annoys me.
  6. Xanatic*

What TV Are You Watching?

You'd also get nervous before a fight.
  7. Xanatic*

I don't know who Tiffany is but I'm also quite enjoying The Umbrella Academy. I thought it would be some has-been superheroes uniting again to fight a supervillain but it's rather more complex.
  8. Xanatic*

Worst British Accent Attempt. Ever.

In Penny Dreadful's first season Billie Piper plays a prostitute who I gather is meant to be northern irish. Horrid.
  9. Xanatic*

Why No Classes On Cryptozoology?

I meant have any of the self-styled cryptozoologists actually found new species? Just a simple beetle for example.
  10. Xanatic*

Which Theory May Explain Psi Phenomena?

A psychic prodigy would still show up in the statistics. The problem is the researchers never encounter people like that, they just got people who might do slightly better than chance. A Bolt would be a much better thing.
  11. Xanatic*

Serial Killers

Sorry, I seem to have gotten my depraved comic book characters mixed up. Incidentally, someone wrote a comic book about their friendship with Jeffrey Dahmer.
  12. Xanatic*

How many of those beasts were found by cryptozoologists as opposed to plain biologists?
  13. Xanatic*

Defrosted Seal Poo Reveals USB With Video Of Leopard Seal

That settles it, I'm buying a USB drive like that. This is Nokia-level toughness.
  14. Xanatic*

News From China

The website/social media thingy Reddit has just had an investment of $150 million from chinese tech company Tencent. This company Tencent are basically the tech arm of big brother in China, handling the online censorship and such. I'm sure it will be fine.
  15. Xanatic*

Back From Extinction

A black panther has been photographed in Africa, the first in 100 years. What are the odds it was released there by Marvel Entertainment? Best Picture: Black Panther
  16. Xanatic*

Atheism

Did the writers of the Old Testament even view God as omnipotent? I feel like that came later.
  17. Xanatic*

World Top Secret: Our Earth Is Hollow!

If the world is hollow, are there giant bottles of alcohol inside it?
  18. Xanatic*

Oh, The Irony

Well, he's not keeping it real. Unlike our pal Tim Westwood.
  19. Xanatic*

Wait till you hear what the Wombles are into. Kinky bastards.
  20. Xanatic*

Which Theory May Explain Psi Phenomena?

I was watching Duck Quacks Don't Echo the other day, where they mentioned how when a couple sit and look at each other, their heart beats synchronise. This seems rather odd if real, seeing as I can't think of any good mechanism for it. Nothing for one heart to know how the other heart is...
  21. Xanatic*

Disputed Provenance For Renowned Historical Items

In Verona, Italy you can go see Juliet's house and the balcony where she was wooed by Romeo. Of course neither were real people and according to a friend from Verona, the balcony is not even original to the house.
  22. Xanatic*

Upcoming DC Comics Adaptations

This coming Cheap Chocolate Day there will be the premiere of a Doom Patrol series. They already appeared in an episode of Titans. For some reason Cyborg is also in it.
  23. Xanatic*

There wouldn't be much facts to teach.
  24. Xanatic*

Serial Killers

That would hardly be unusual.
  25. Xanatic*

Atheism

I was at a local library once, and some autism organisation had put up a giant poster, showing historical characters with autism. They seemed to have just decided to pick every smart guy in history. Who knows how they diagnosed them.
  26. Xanatic*

The Glitter Mystery

I actually assumed this was about Gary.
  27. Xanatic*

Does a Discovery of Witches ever progress past the relationship-stuff?
  28. Xanatic*

Victory, thanks for sharing this with us.
  29. Xanatic*

Genghis Khan: Founding Father Of A Widespread Lineage

I was thinking mongoloid redheads.
  30. Xanatic*

The Saami

Nah, looks like a mess.
  31. Xanatic*

Ever Met Anyone Famous?

I saw a local celebrity at the subway, who performs under the name Timbuktu. Sadly I think I also stared a bit too much trying to figure out if it was really him. I've also met and chatted with a few famous scientists but I guess most people would have no idea who they are.
  32. Xanatic*

Genghis Khan: Founding Father Of A Widespread Lineage

They say Genghis Khan was a redhead. Strange we then don't see more asian redheads.
  33. Xanatic*

The Saami

I was thinking more about the more unknown aspects of the Saami rather than what can be found on a wikipedia page.
  34. Xanatic*

SETI To Make Contact Within 25 Years

Also there were people doing the same thing back in the 60s.
  35. Xanatic*

In Japan, You Are What Your Blood Type Is

There's an article in New Scientist on how bloodtype and gut bacteria seem linked. Considering how we are learning the stomach and gut bacteria seems to play a role in personality, I wonder where this might be headed. Your gut bacteria may match your blood group but we don't know why
  36. Xanatic*

Tales Of A Flat Earth

There is also the part where Jesus is hanging out with the Devil on a mountain big enough to see all the Earth from.
  37. Xanatic*

Political Correctness Rides Again

I think that term started being used after Harry Potter became such a success and spawned many imitators.
  38. Xanatic*

I wish they had said which type of USB drive. If it can handle antarctic temperatures and a trip through a seal, then I want one.
  39. Xanatic*

Bitcoin

The exchange rate between Olmec heads and Easter Island heads is pretty good right now.
  40. Xanatic*

Tales Of A Flat Earth

State education has a lot to answer for.
  41. Xanatic*

Tales Of A Flat Earth

My point wasn't that people don't know the Earth is globe-ish, the point is they don't know how we know.
  42. Xanatic*

Population Growth: The Real Apocalypse

Sperm counts are declining though, which might change it.
  43. Xanatic*

Tales Of A Flat Earth

How many average joes could tell you how we know the earth is round/geomorph other than saying photos from space?
  44. Xanatic*

I think they meant ate the human, not the seals. Leopard seals have been known to go after humans.
  45. Xanatic*

Sorry, mine was intended as a rant against education.
  46. Xanatic*

Do we need to educate women or do we just need to give them crippling student debts?
  47. Xanatic*

The Saami

I just felt like resurrecting this thread. There must be more to add.
  48. Xanatic*

No, most take/took their religious texts as literal.
  49. Xanatic*

Leopard seals are quite big, it might not have noticed the USB drive coming out.