Search results

1. gordonrutter

Breastfeeding In Public

Breastfeeding left and right I can understand but centre! Total Recall?
  2. gordonrutter

Did Actor Stage His Own Racist Attack?

There are a lot of threads and posts here, people need to have a clue what the thread is about or they may not bother investing the time. If you want people to read your thread give a title that gives a clear idea of what the post is about. It’s courtesy if nothing else. Thank you
  3. gordonrutter

Faeries

Can’t find it, I have looked at all of AlchoPwn’s posts for the first month of membership and carried out a search with the search engine, not showing up?
  4. gordonrutter

Folk Horror

William Shatner?
  5. gordonrutter

Which Theory May Explain Psi Phenomena?

Yes I must admit I hate the skeptic attitude of "no, that's impossible" whereas the Fortean is "ooh, that's interesting, lets have a look".
  6. gordonrutter

Which Theory May Explain Psi Phenomena?

With this logic then we should ignore the speed abilities of Usain Bolt as he does not represent the majority and is merely an outlier? Some people can do something so we investigate them and compare them to those who cannot. Those who study parapsychology at university only claim a small...
  7. gordonrutter

How Are You Spending Valentines Day?

Had I seen them before I wrote my card I would have so used them, next year perhaps!
  8. gordonrutter

And they're not rubbish! I wish I'd had them when I wrote out my Valentine's card!
  9. gordonrutter

Hehe, everyone assumes the EdFort twitter feed is me, it isn't and it never has been! The posts are a surprise to me as well :)
  10. gordonrutter

How I am spending Valentine's Day? Working. By which I mean washing and drying my desk and moving piles of papers around and even chucking things away. And eventually doing some writing and updating the website for the article I am working on.
  11. gordonrutter

The Troll's Head

I saw a dance piece based on the story that inspired the exorcist once so I guess anything is possible!
  12. gordonrutter

POLL: What Stance Should Forteans Take Toward Anomalous Phenomena?

I stick by my comment of 2005.
  13. gordonrutter

Folk Horror

I saw all of the rave reviews about it and was really lookign forward to it and then when I watched it... Never seen A Field in England either so can't comment on that. Did however watch The Lair of the White Worm on Monday (for the umpteenth time) still fun apart from some strange accents.
  14. gordonrutter

What Is 'Fortean'?

A smile is not what was raised, my blood pressure perhaps! I once reviewed a visitor attraction which gave me bacon rolls. I’m sure they probably got an extra star for that,
  15. gordonrutter

Folk Horror

Am I alone in thinking The VVitch so far up itself as to be trash? I’d rather watch The Wicker Tree to be honest.
  16. gordonrutter

What Is 'Fortean'?

I’ll join you in the bacon roll and bitching about that article. I’m sure it would be petty for me to point out FT was founded in 1973 which isn’t the late ‘70’s so I won’t mention it.
  17. gordonrutter

The Troll's Head

Hmm. That’s all. Hmmmm.
  18. gordonrutter

Edinburgh Fortean Society 2019

Please do Ermintruder, lots coming up as always!
  19. gordonrutter

Tales Of A Flat Earth

Giant SS killer penguins actually. That’ll out the geeks!
  20. gordonrutter

Serial Killers

Charles Manson had one who wanted to marry him but that was so she could get his body after death and put it on display...
  21. gordonrutter

EdFort, Ed Skeptics, haunted tours, haunted pubs, Koestler Parapsychology unit, mermaids in the museum, you name it we’ve got it!
  22. gordonrutter

This year is the 20th anniversary of the founding of the Edinburgh Fortean Society. I’ll put events on this thread for anyone interested. January Folklore of UFO’s Scott Lyall February The Mandela Effect Adele David March 20 Years of EdFort Gordon Rutter April EdFort Birthday Party May Welsh...
  23. gordonrutter

David Icke & His Work

Something to look forward to in the spring of this year
  24. gordonrutter

Population Growth: The Real Apocalypse

One man can produce up to 500 000 000 per ejaculation so overall even a decline still leaves enough of the little wrigglers.
  25. gordonrutter

Tales Of A Flat Earth

Oblate spheroidness
  26. gordonrutter

The Tale Of The Terrifying Teddy

But if everything I say is actually true and I’ve just said everything I say is a lie...
  27. gordonrutter

Tales Of A Flat Earth

Unbeliever!!!!!!!!!!
  28. gordonrutter

Tales Of A Flat Earth

Only the one that I am aware of, Inverness and opened last year.
  29. gordonrutter

Tales Of A Flat Earth

The sun orbits around the North Pole and it is 3 000 miles away and light has a limited range so the light shines only on the area it is close to.
  30. gordonrutter

Tales Of A Flat Earth

Page one of four, the others are similar. One of the books we got is internally inconsistent. The power of being a True Believer.
  31. gordonrutter

Tales Of A Flat Earth

Cover of a leaflet from the Flat Earth shop
  32. gordonrutter

Tales Of A Flat Earth

I’m guessing they don’t and that’s part of the problem...
  33. gordonrutter

Tales Of A Flat Earth

They did have a flat earth clock which had stopped, not quite sure what that was trying to tell us...
  34. gordonrutter

Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD)

Once you’ve met one person with autism you have met one person with autism.
  35. gordonrutter

Tales Of A Flat Earth

He’s a true believer so actual facts may not help! Anything from NASA is of course not valid so that causes an instant problem. It is however interesting to hear their arguments. It didn’t come up but I suspect he may be a Young Earth Creationist as well.
  36. gordonrutter

Conspiracy In The U.S. Election & Trump's Presidency

So discussing things in relevant and appropriate fora. Yes sounds like a good idea, Forteana for Fortean discussions.
  37. gordonrutter

Tales Of A Flat Earth

Recently visited the Flat Earth shop in Inverness. Bought a book turns out it’s a reprint of a book from 1875, I’ll be honest I was looking for something more up to date. The owner(?) is there to discuss with you, no hard sell of the merchandise but we spent up to an hour there talking to him...
  38. gordonrutter

Yes, stopping now (not a lie).
  39. gordonrutter

Agreed. Everything I say is a lie.
  40. gordonrutter

Ah Stu, I was trying to prolong it and now you’ve fessed up...
  41. gordonrutter

Can I refer people to the thread on the Mandela Effect?
  42. gordonrutter

The Troll's Head

So if we get rid of midges (hooray) then no more haggis (boo)? A dilemma.
  43. gordonrutter

The Bible: Fact Or Fiction?

I’m sure we all remember this https://www.wired.com/2015/02/science-one-agrees-color-dress/
  44. gordonrutter

The Troll's Head

As I’m sure you know the haggis has legs shorter on one side than the other to easily allow them to run around mountains. Simply make them flee in the opposite direction and they will fall over and be easy to catch. Simples.
  45. gordonrutter

Mad Max Thread

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0760394/mediaviewer/rm2375623168
  46. gordonrutter

Minor Strangeness

Venus and Jupiter.
  47. gordonrutter

David Icke & His Work

Personally said to me and I think a mixture of holographic and hypnosis, I don’t have my notes to hand I’m afraid.
  48. gordonrutter

David Icke & His Work

He did describe to me once about seeing the perception filter slip so he saw the lizardiness peak through...
  49. gordonrutter

David Icke & His Work

I think it is a code for some people but I think for Icke he really means lizards.
  50. gordonrutter

David Icke & His Work

His two most recent U.K. tours had problems with venues. Groups would complain he was speaking there and the booking would be cancelled at short notice. In the end he stopped publishing the venue details and you were only informed of it shortly before the actual talk.