Search results

1. Bad Bungle

Breastfeeding In Public

I was trying to point out that it is the sight and smell of curdled milk that can be off-putting in a Restaurant, not the glimpse of a breast (which seems to be treated as the cause of tutting)
  2. Bad Bungle

What TV Are You Watching?

I don't have access to the History Channel - could some-one tell me whether Knight Fight on tomorrow lives up to the hype? It seems to be Mixed Martial Arts in 36 Kg of armour (sorry, armor) with axes, swords, shields and spears - last man standing. Or as the Telegraph put it ' Once you would...
  3. Bad Bungle

Breastfeeding In Public

Breastfeeding is NATURAL - yes I get that, but not in a Restaurant - especially not in a badly ventilated, over-priced Restaurant. It's not a nipple slip that offends people but the spitting-up/regurgitation/baby sick following a feed (one in every 3 feeds, two in every 3 feeds ? I forget what...
  4. Bad Bungle

High Adventure & Derring Do

In April of 1944, Joe Herman was the pilot of a Royal Australian Air Force Halifax on a mission to bomb munition factories at Bochum. After dropping its bombs, Herman's Halifax was struck by enemy fire. Herman ordered his crew to bail out. Before he could grab his parachute, the plane exploded...
  5. Bad Bungle

Stuff You've Just Bought

A birthday present from my brother - a 1950's Opisometer (map measurer) with it original box, all wrapped in a CRAVEN "A" ciggie tin.
  6. Bad Bungle

80s Treasure Map TV Programme

Update: by a process of elimination it is possible that the young chap I saw on the prog was Frederick "Cork" Graham. If so, the map would have belonged to his partner Richard Knight, who inherited it from his Grandfather and supposedly led to to Captain Kidd's treasure on the Vietnamese island...
  7. Bad Bungle

Dolls?

"How this kid is supposed to sleep at night ... ?" Same blog (but I like them !)
  8. Bad Bungle

Dolls?

From the excellent Mitch O'Connell blog on US Fleamarket finds: "He'll work his way into your heart ... with a knife"
  9. Bad Bungle

The Girl That Wasn't There—Or Was She?

Loch Ness Monsters and their cats - what are they like !
  10. Bad Bungle

Fortean Traveller

October 2005: Re-constructed Iron Age House at Bostadh Beach at the north end of the island of Great Bernera (Outer Hebrides). A storm in 1993 had cut away the sand dunes and exposed stone structures beneath. Excavations revealed these to be of Viking origin but below the Norse level were...
  11. Bad Bungle

All done then ? (if it had been a dog with a stick in its mouth by the pony instead a girl, this would have dragged out for another 300 posts)
  12. Bad Bungle

Old Dreams

Mmm yes, although I only remember a little of the film - maybe also a bit of Kiefer Sutherland in Dark City injecting new memories and personalities into people to see how scenarios would play out.
  13. Bad Bungle

Moon Trees

Heard about the Moon Trees (seeds taken to the moon by Apollo 14 Command module Pilot Stuart Roosa) years ago on the radio (and promptly forgot about them until yesterday) but there's a thread for everything on this forum. Some-one was trying to track one down in an outside broadcast as most had...
  14. Bad Bungle

Old Dreams

I remember a dream (not actually that long ago) which I think was triggered by Valentine's Day (the memory, not the dream). I was walking through a Marshalling Yard that resembled a vast Aircraft Hangar with people moving crates and supplies around - in fact they were wearing jackets and...
  15. Bad Bungle

Which Theory May Explain Psi Phenomena?

I have a background in Science although I'm not a very good scientist - my first attempt at a PhD in Medicinal Chemistry ended when my Supervisor drank himself to death. The second foray into Neuropharmacology ended in a physical breakdown before I wrote up. The preface to my proposed thesis...
  16. Bad Bungle

Which Theory May Explain Psi Phenomena?

First you need to define a ghost in scientific terms (half the arguments are over semantics). Then you need a Gloriette 80 Materialiser.
  17. Bad Bungle

What Were You Doing Five Minutes Ago?

Getting a bit of a blinder
  18. Bad Bungle

Evacuation Song On Jukeboxes In Irish Pubs Cira 80s

PA system on Baker Street Met Line 8:00am Monday : " Oh Gawwwd .............. Oh Godddddd ............................(sing-song) Oh Gaaaaaarrrd ................... Oh Go-oddd ........... (drop an octave) Oh Gawwwwd .......... form 5 for the All-stations to Aldgate train."
  19. Bad Bungle

Things That Make You Go... WTF?

Undoubtedly made with devotion and affection but ... WTF.
  20. Bad Bungle

Drug-Laced Sweets

Opioid - inherited a drawer-full from the parents, Chemists won't take it back as it's HO controlled.
  21. Bad Bungle

Oh Lawdy
  22. Bad Bungle

How Are You Spending Valentines Day?

As above.
  23. Bad Bungle

Drug-Laced Sweets

Think you answered that question in the first 7 words of the opener.
  24. Bad Bungle

The Meaning Of Trees

I assumed 'Gospel Oaks' were a type of Quercus like White Oak or Turkey Oak until I read the entry, this idea originating from a visit to Totnes Castle in Devon. In the grounds were a couple of trees I didn't recognise that had been heavily cut back - I asked the Custodian and she said they were...
  25. Bad Bungle

Megalithic Mysteries

Interesting article that left me a little crest-fallen. I'd seen the documentaries with Alice Roberts and Neil Oliver on new finds on the Ness of Brodgar on Orkney - from the sophistication and preservation of the neolithic sites, I was lead to believe that the Orcadians were exporting ideas to...
  26. Bad Bungle

The R.I.P. Thread

Tackling a pitch invader at Filbert Street in 1965 (D. Telegraph today). Gordon Banks RIP.
  27. Bad Bungle

Trying to get the bottom plate out of my mouth so I can go to bed - the f*cker is welded into place
  28. Bad Bungle

Not sure if necessary either - guess the answer will come in the next 10 years or so.
  29. Bad Bungle

Finished my first meal with upper and lower dental plates fitted this afternoon (£2,400). Hmmm - not sure about this.
  30. Bad Bungle

Animals 'Naming Themselves'

Oooh yeah - can we have an icon for that ?
  31. Bad Bungle

Shop Around: Tales Of Retail

Swifty, you're a silver-tongued Lotherio - would that actually be an effective chat-up line to a Stranger in Soft Furnishings ?
  32. Bad Bungle

Animals 'Naming Themselves'

'Moist', 'fluffy', 'oooooooh !' 'double-plus ungood' and 'Burn the Anti-Christ.' For starters. Wish I could create icons.
  33. Bad Bungle

Shop Around: Tales Of Retail

I was in Dunelm looking for a plain tablecloth for my computer desk, I only needed something 3ft x 4ft but the cloths were huge, suitable for Banqueting tables. I found nice smaller ones but they were plastic, whilst the cloth ones had horrible patterns. When I thought I'd found a nice small...
  34. Bad Bungle

Megalithic Mysteries

I visited Achmore Stone Circle on Lewis (Outer Hebrides) in Oct 2005 - or rather I didn't, as it wasn't a stone circle. The peat hadn't been cut away (like at Callanish a few miles away), the stones hadn't been uprighted and re-positioned (like at Stonehenge), no-one was selling tickets to see...
  35. Bad Bungle

The photograph needn't be faked, I'd look in the first instance at the Photographer's claim there was nobody around when the picture was taken.
  36. Bad Bungle

Quite possibly, as the Lady at the Cafe till just had her Birthday and she didn't get a voucher. To be fair, all the manned tills at Morrisons were swamped at the time and I only had a basket. I don't like or want to encourage self-service but apparently willing to prostitute my principles for a...
  37. Bad Bungle

Used the self-service Till and got a 'Birthday greetings from Morrisons' voucher for one free Big Breakfast. Not my birthday and wasn't hungry but managed to finish it all and lick the plate clean.
  38. Bad Bungle

Fortean Headlines

Headline like that - well, I had to look it up
  39. Bad Bungle

Fortean Headlines

I know a Vet in Camden who could do an autopsy to see if the cougar really was strangled.
  40. Bad Bungle

Ever Met Anyone Famous?

I went to a Talk by David Attenborough in London in 1995 just after he'd finished the Secret Life of Plants series. I know this wasn't really *meeting* him but it was a small informal lecture theatre with less than 50 people there. We had a 45 minute slide show on the making of the series...
  41. Bad Bungle

Random Stuff From Your Neck O' The Woods

I don't live in Camden but I do work there and every Thursday my Newsagent puts copies of the local freebie Camden New Journal inside my paper. In November 2016 the Royal Veterinary College announced a public dissection of a cheetah. (bring bottle and Bird). I believe this was an autopsy of a...
  42. Bad Bungle

Fortean Traveller

(LEFT): Brentor, Dartmoor: at 1100ft St. Michael is the highest Parish church with regular Services in England (locked). Taken on foot with a large rucksack and a heavy heart in Summer 1979. (RIGHT): Brentor, Dartmoor: St. Michael (open), Taken with less baggage June 2017. Some things...
  43. Bad Bungle

Tales Of A Flat Earth

I was given a small book once, entitled something like '90% of Everything is Shite" or some-such Heisenberg derivative. It contained an anecdote about the 20th Cent. Philosopher Wittengstein, who was in a particularly foul mood one morning. His brightest and bravest student finally asked "what...
  44. Bad Bungle

Strange Things As Food & Drink

A Gourmet club tried squirrel a number of years ago, I remember the Telegraph headline: Nuts put squirrel on Menu.
  45. Bad Bungle

Ever Met Anyone Famous?

Reading Festival 1991: Mean Fiddler Tent: my task was keeping the backstage ramp to the car-park clear for the Stage Crew moving gear in and out. The ramp was a magnet for the differently-normal, so I was fortunate to be confronted by just the one short chap with a wild beard and a pillow shoved...
  46. Bad Bungle

Random/Peculiar Images

Baba Yaga chicken coop.
  47. Bad Bungle

Cats are cute in zero G, dogs are more fun:
  48. Bad Bungle

Charity Shop & Poundshop Finds

Crash course tuition to get the terrified Groom through the First Dance was (and probably still is) a lucrative business in London.
  49. Bad Bungle

Strange Coincidences?

I occasionally visit a cafe on Sandwich Street near King's Cross (London) as it's only a 5 minute walk from my Work place. On the way down I pass a small German Lutheran chapel with a frontage no wider than a normal door and it has always intrigued me. Never been inside it as it's only open on...
  50. Bad Bungle

Random/Peculiar Images

I know where one of them is now.