Search results

1. altered_boy

Alchemy, Hermeticism & Forteanism

AP, I thought you'd like to know that in my time-zone your last post was at exatly 4:20 AM. you are on-point, my friend! lol The more the merrier, indeed! where you at, forteans :ptask: On a different note, my late reply is on account of working my day job on top of prepping Chapter 7 for...
  2. altered_boy

Genuine Question: Why Is John Keel So Revered?

to be honest, that's right there is why i love it all! Reading a fortean book for me has always been like reading a whole comic-book series up until the last issue, and being unable to find the issue. you either have to just use your imagination, come up with some theories, or go out there and...
  3. altered_boy

Yeah, I'm not sure. There are many different sub-topics throughout Keel's work that I wonder about the progression of. But that's part of what I love about it :D
  4. altered_boy

Ghosts: Real Or Just Our Imagination?

at the ready admittance that this comment is low-hanging-fruit at this point, this is of course the entire premise of The Sixth Sense. i've always thought it made much more sense than seeking justice. Sad indeed. While I always maintain a certain skepticism, I must admit I always liked this...
  5. altered_boy

Artificial Intelligence (A.I.)

Interesting. Does this book mention anything about Prometheus as a side-note perhaps? While I am sure this could be explained in many different ways, what you have described is something that I always use Prometheus to describe. the idea of technology as a whole being archetypally represented by...
  6. altered_boy

Artificial Intelligence (A.I.)

i apologize if this has already been discussed within the 23 pages of this forum.... but I was curious. Setting aside the debate as to whether or not artificial intelligence will become conscious--what would happen when it does? it seems to me that what people like Elon Musk are saying (and...
  7. altered_boy

The Mothman Prophecies has been one of my favorite books for a long time. Stu mentioned how Fortean books wouldn't be Fortean if they were verifiable, and how Keel sought the "Big Fish" of a great story just as much as he sought out the facts. Personally, I think this idea is a hallmark of...
  8. altered_boy

Jordan Peterson

Sorry for the unproductive comment but that gave me a good laugh right there. many people would certainly disagree, in terms of marriage in general. but not necessarily me.
  9. altered_boy

Lol. thank ya matey! may the new year open up new doors for you :witch:
  10. altered_boy

No apology necessary, but I appreciate the courtesy! AP and I wouldn't be having this discussion on a public forum if we weren't interested in others jumping in on it. :D Interesting stuff about the science behind literal alchemy and its economic implications--although I wouldn't have much at...
  11. altered_boy

"Chaos is drawn to silence like life is drawn to death. The dusk is so much clearer than the...

"Chaos is drawn to silence like life is drawn to death. The dusk is so much clearer than the dawn had ever been. I'm a ghost and yet I've weighed down the earth."
  12. altered_boy

Ha! I can indeed appreciate it! I wasn't aware of this about the petro-dollars ducking behind the gold after the crisis, as I don't keep up on this and don't have a strong passion for it like i do philosophy. but very interesting nonetheless. You are a quippy SOB, I love it! Deepthroat Chopra...
  13. altered_boy

Evidence Proving The Validity Of Astrology

Yeah. People come up with all these reasons for why astrology is illogical--and they fail to understand that all their "proof" that astrology doesn't exist is actually part of the proof for its existence. Astrology is not a science. Astronomy is the science, and astrology is the philosophy of...
  14. altered_boy

Jordan Peterson

well said! I think it's fair to say overall that Peterson has over-extended himself with his political commentary, but his niche research is very insightful.
  15. altered_boy

Jordan Peterson

Here is a quote from his tenth biblical lecture. This is what I think of when I think of JP, not the political stuff. I dictated this quote a while back because I really loved the simple, off-the-cuff phrasing of such a poignant message. “You’re screwed no matter what you do, and that actually...
  16. altered_boy

Jordan Peterson

Just wanted to give my two cents since I think I helped stir up some of the chatter about JP around here. I would've commented sooner but I only just noticed that this thread was created out of the other. I understand that his name will inevitably bring up the political connotations he has...
  17. altered_boy

Ah I see. That makes perfect sense to me. in any case, it doesn't seem to me like the global market is much concerned with gold anymore, with gold-standard currencies practically being a thing of the past. certainly a thing of the past, in the case of the US. not sure about where else. but the...
  18. altered_boy

Well merry christmas, Al! Or happy holidays, if you really prefer. I'll try to whittle down some of these topics a little bit since I helped to sprawl them out! Suffice it to say that I found all the points to be enjoyable to read. Ha! i had a good laugh at the cancer bit. I've heard mention...
  19. altered_boy

With so many misnomers and over-simplifications at hand, I am surprised that you feel so confident with your decimation of astrological theory! Do you really think that the classical astrologers had not thought about all these things you have discussed? I think you are under the impression that...
  20. altered_boy

You are missing the entire pointing of esoteric astrology with this statement. It is not nearly this simplistic in practice... I already mentioned this in my prior post. Planets like Venus do NOT make you more likely to find love. It has to do with the earth's relationship to the sun, and even...
  21. altered_boy

DISCLAIMER: I'm not into New Age astrology and newspaper horoscopes. I'm talking about the real esoteric history and implications of this ancient science that laid the foundations of astronomy. Astrology was originally a body of ancient mathematical-archetypal systems used to investigate and...
  22. altered_boy

Here is an open-ended afterthought that I couldn't not add. It is a little piece of my book that quotes Faust's encounter with Lilith. "Even Goethe decided to use Lilith for a brief and eloquent scene at the Walpurgis witches Sabbath, where Mephistopheles introduces Faust to Adam’s first wife...
  23. altered_boy

Well I thought the reductionist quality was well-used. For me, my constant struggle as a writer is reducing the complexity. I love being descriptive and painting a picture, which is an extremely fine line when you are doing non-fiction research. Things get wordy quickly lol I am the first to...
  24. altered_boy

Any time, friend! Also, before you begin any theurigal work or otherwise, I recommend getting a firm knowledge of the Sephiroth and Qliphoth. These represent the classical, quintessential pathways (positive and negative) of the circumambulation of the self. Quick afternote, I will describe my...
  25. altered_boy

A gangster after my own heart! Haha. That is the proper use of "black" magick right there, my friend. I mean technically that would be some black magick, but there's nothing wrong with that. Cases like these are the natural grey areas and sound like something I would do if felt inclined, lol...
  26. altered_boy

damn, that post was longer than i expected it to be! i didn't even get to discuss the evocations I have done with Hermes. ah well, there's always the next post...
  27. altered_boy

Thanks for the good luck, I could make a whole post about how much of a pain in the ass this CV joint replacement has been for me.... it was one of those long projects that turned up other issues I had to address, and then I found things that a real mechanic needed to look at while the front end...
  28. altered_boy

Sorry for the late response, gentlemen! I've been doing some Coniunctio and the Art of CV Joint Maintenance. sorry bad pun, i couldn't resist lol. its been a pain in my ass but hey I've been learning more auto maintenance so not a total waste... but I want enough time to make a thorough...
  29. altered_boy

I'd be happy to! But for now I'll have to sleep. For now I will say that I have a trusted network of adept friends, usually older than me and not associated with each other, who have pointed me in the right directions at times. but i am not associated with any organizations and never have been...
  30. altered_boy

Much appreciated, skinny. I'm just happy to contribute to thorough conversation with like-minds. I can definitely say that I am no master but I am an ardent student of Hermeticism. the altered_boy name is an old pun of mine, a play on "altered states" and "alter boy" that i thought was very...
  31. altered_boy

Lol to Skinwalker Ranch. i don't know what all think of that but it sure is fascinating and horrific. You didn't really miss anything, it's just more of an inference on my part. Even if Jaynes isn't entirely correct (not saying he is for that matter, idk), I think the evidence suggests at...
  32. altered_boy

Glad you found interest! Peterson and Blackmore had this discussion on a Christian talk show of all places… lol. Great conversation though, even the host was fairly cogent. BTW sorry for the sprawled-out answers, I’m answering in between working lol. I'll comment on this a bit more, because I...
  33. altered_boy

Quote from Dr Susan Blackmore's paper "Evidence for a Memetic Drive?" "Once human ancestors could imitate, memes appeared and began competing to be copied, their success depending on the type of meme and the preferences and abilities of the people doing the copying. Given that at least some of...
  34. altered_boy

If you are interested. Here's a recent discussion between Susan Blackmore and Jordan Peterson discussing the differences and compatibility of memes with archetypes. They started chatting about it at 11:00. And the only thing that is really meant to be implied by a meme being a "virus" is that it...
  35. altered_boy

Edgar Cayce was a probably a short of charlatan. Blavatasky is kinda interesting though. I just use the term Akashic records to be archetypall descriptive. Dawkins could spit out a lot more than blood for all i care, haha. And I have to be persistent here and say that I have done quite a bit of...
  36. altered_boy

Phantoms Of The Psyche: Esoterica & Forteana

Lol. Okay, I see what you mean now. I always saw his writing style as a tongue-in-cheek embodiment of the pulp-fiction era he lived in. But even if its tongue-in-cheek, it's still melodramatic so I can't disagree with that.
  37. altered_boy

i think perhaps you are misunderstanding the biological nature of the archetype. as far as I see it, you just described the exact same thing as I, but in a different way. and I'm not saying that shadow ppl are literal demons. All I'm saying is, let's not disregard the recurring motifs found...
  38. altered_boy

case in point: “The most fearsome monsters of all may inhabit the dark corners of our mind waiting for us to release them through our beliefs and gullibility. The phenomenon feeds on fear and belief. Sometimes it destroys us altogether, other times it leads us upwards into the labyrinth of...
  39. altered_boy

i think these concepts represent interesting points of data when considering hypnosis and neurophenomenology. i am not convinced that transpersonal states of consciousness cannot also become transphysical, meaning that a priori knowledge plays a role in Fortean phenomena. but I am NOT saying...
  40. altered_boy

Chapter Six: Songs of the Soul & Syren [Dive Sickness]...

Chapter Six: Songs of the Soul & Syren [Dive Sickness] http://www.thelastamericanvagabond.com/anthony-tyler/dive-manual/songs-soul-syren-dive-sickness/
  41. altered_boy

Hello everyone, here is my sixth chapter in the book I am releasing via The Last American Vagabond. this chapter continues the comparisons between Esoterica and Forteana. it investigates the debate of Free Will vs Determinism, which leads into questions of the Subjective and Objective, and...
  42. altered_boy

BTW AlcoPwn, here's that skinwalker documentary I mentioned, in case you are interested. https://forums.forteana.org/index.php?threads/jc-johnsons-unlisted-youtube-doc-on-skinwalkers.65111/
  43. altered_boy

JC Johnson's Unlisted YouTube Doc On SKINWALKERS

For those of you who don't know, JC Johnson was a fairly prominent and independent Fortean investigator. He was a former exorcist, and became known for investigating cryptozoology, especially the lore and sightings of the skinwalker on the Navajo Nation territory. He died earlier this year at...
  44. altered_boy

Jordan Peterson

Your casual dismissal of an esoteric scholar is a bit disheartening. These are basically throw-away insults rather than critiques of the research. i would not be so confident as you are until i had given the material proper analysis. But i understand that your statement is a bit tongue-in-cheek...
  45. altered_boy

Jordan Peterson

I'll have to save any depth in my reply for later but I just wanted to add that Jordan Peterson is a beast, i like that guy a lot. I only found him recently with the rising hype, so he didn't influence any of my initial ideas or research but I have found his articulation of archetypes and...
  46. altered_boy

Finding Religion

Fascinating little roundabout of conversation going on here :cheer: For whatever it's worth, I'd say that understanding and separating the difference between fact and belief is a quintessential part of the human experience. it's a constant tightrope and that should be both celebrated and...
  47. altered_boy

UFOs Around Anchorage (Alaska)

Also, the first three sightings were in the winter of 2015. Sighting 4 was winter of 2016, and Sighting 5 was this fall. keep it mind it is usually winter in Alaska, lol. Furthermore, I wanted to add to the record that my friends and I dabbled with mushrooms a bit but i haven't taken them in...
  48. altered_boy

You and Coal are absolutely right! I almost feel like i should apologize for not having any footage yet. The most recent sighting, my friend driving was a little creeped out and just wanted to get outta there, and the thing is i only have a fuckin burner flip phone haha. I've used smart phones...
  49. altered_boy

I could say a lot, so I'll keep this as short as I can. I live here in Alaska, just outside of Anchorage and more importantly, just outside of the Fort Richardson air force base. https://www.jber.jb.mil/ I've seen UFOs in the sky around here for the last three years or so, and I hear of course...
  50. altered_boy

Current Fortean Publications?

awesome, i will certainly check em out. thanks for the tip!