Search results

1. ramonmercado

Psychedelic Found In Toad Venom Helps Relieve Depression, Anxiety

I hope the NHS and HSE will provide these toads to the needy.
  2. ramonmercado

Horror Films

Spiders 3D: More than 20 years after the break-up of the USSR a Soviet Space Station crashes to Earth. But not just any station - mutant spiders were experimented on in this one and they'er had all that time to mutate further. Some of the debris which survives re-entry hits New York and ends up...
  3. ramonmercado

‘The Beaker Phenomenon? Understanding The Character And Context Of Social Practices In Ireland 2500-2000 BC’

Lecture: New Discoveries from Ancient Ireland ‘The Beaker Phenomenon? Understanding the character and context of social practices in Ireland 2500-2000 BC’ by Dr Neil Carlin During the mid-third millennium BC, people across Europe began using an international suite of novel objects typified by...
  4. ramonmercado

Graham Hancock

Well you now have a chance to dispute with them.
  5. ramonmercado

Graham Hancock

I have no idea as to what JC has read but he is responding to the youtube clip for Hancock's forthcoming book. If you go to the link I supplied then you could raise those very points with him.
  6. ramonmercado

Graham Hancock

You could ask JC for clarification at: http://www.jasoncolavito.com/blog/analyzing-the-book-trailer-for-graham-hancocks-america-before There are already eight comments on the article.
  7. ramonmercado

Traveller Herb Craft & Folk Healing

Traveller Herb Craft & Folk Healing Oein DeBhairduin returns to talk about folk cures and Irish Traveller/ Minceir herb lore, exploring the importance of folk medicine in the past and the ongoing attempts to record and protect these disappearing traditions for the future. Adults & Children...
  8. ramonmercado

Tech Help

It's ok, just the equivalent of accepting their cookies etc. You shouldn't have to do it more than once before you flush your cookies again.
  9. ramonmercado

The Bloody Irish

They're still tossing cabers and doing flings at 5 am.
  10. ramonmercado

Graham Hancock

Jason Colavito casts a jaundiced eye on Hancock's 3 minutes. The Science Channel bumped the next episode of America’s Lost Vikings by a week, perhaps because last week’s episode failed to register in the top 150 cable shows airing last Sunday, so in the meantime, I thought we should take a look...
  11. ramonmercado

The First Americans

Tats have been around for a long while. THE TOOL IS made from a bundle of prickly pear cactus spines, their tips saturated with dark pigment, inserted into a handle carved from lemonade sumac and bound with yucca fiber. Some 2,000 years ago, a tattooist in what’s now southeast Utah used this...
  12. ramonmercado

It's Paedogeddon!

Thanks. Who would have known that bestiality attracted a potential life sentence up until 2004! It doesn't deal with how those who offended in their youth are treated when they are convicted decades later though.
  13. ramonmercado

News From China

I'm an old Punk but I've always liked Goths.
  14. ramonmercado

Horror Films

The Prodigy: A film with a Folk Horror opening: a fist crashes through a wooden door, unbolting it from the outside. A woman runs through woods, crosses a stream, is almost run over by an elderly woman who has long dreads adding to the (Folk vibe). The fleeing woman, Margaret (Brittany Allen)...
  15. ramonmercado

Political Correctness Rides Again

I bet they charge more!
  16. ramonmercado

It's Paedogeddon!

Indeed. But he was 13 when it begun; was he influenced, even introduced to this by his older brothers? Was he himself abused? A lot to consider and I'd better say no more about the case as it is before the courts. But if anyone is aware of how English courts deal with adults who committed...
  17. ramonmercado

Twins

Female fraternals fail financially. Female twins who shared a womb with a brother tend to get less education, earn less money, and have fewer children than girls who shared a womb with another girl, according to an analysis of hundreds of thousands of births over more than a decade...
  18. ramonmercado

Magnetic Fields: Detection & Measurement

Humans able to detect magnetic fields? Farmers will want grants for those fields. A study published today offers some of the best evidence yet that humans, like many other creatures, can sense Earth’s magnetic field. But it doesn’t settle other questions that have swirled around this...
  19. ramonmercado

Strange Crimes

Amazingly he got off with manslaughter verdict! Best to pay your bills in Oz! An Airbnb host in Australia has been jailed for 11 years for killing a guest who could not afford to pay. A jury convicted Jason Colton, 42, of 2017 killing of Ramis Jonuzi. He pleaded guilty to manslaughter, but...
  20. ramonmercado

It's Paedogeddon!

He has to be given the presumption of innocence but the alleged offences took place when he was aged 13 to 16. Would that be taken into account if he was found guilty? Any legal eagles want to venture opinions about this?
  21. ramonmercado

Strange Crimes

Fiendish Fetus Facilitator Fingered. Indian authorities are investigating a possible smuggling ring after discovering a live human embryo in a suitcase at Mumbai's airport. A Malaysian national was allegedly found with the embryo in a canister concealed in his luggage on 16 March. The man, who...
  22. ramonmercado

Simulacra

Yeah! It's real Folk Horror!
  23. ramonmercado

J.R.R. Tolkien

I'm looking forward to the biopic, he looks like such a romantic warrior professor in the trailer!
  24. ramonmercado

Strange Deaths

It's the method used which makes me suspect we will hear more about this.
  25. ramonmercado

Meteors & Meteoric Fireballs (Observed Aloft)

A Bering big one. A huge fireball exploded in the Earth's atmosphere in December, according to Nasa. The blast was the second largest of its kind in 30 years, and the biggest since the fireball over Chelyabinsk in Russia six years ago. But it went largely unnoticed until now because it blew up...
  26. ramonmercado

SETI To Make Contact Within 25 Years

Bloody Aliens dropping their garbage. If an alien ship left its trash near Earth, here’s what it might look like By Daniel CleryMar. 15, 2019 , 5:05 PM Iridium flares are a familiar sight for sky watchers: The brilliant flashes take place when sunlight bounces off the solar panels of the 66...
  27. ramonmercado

The Goat Thread

The Mayor is a goat, no kidding (except in the playground). FAIR HAVEN, Vt. — When she had finished relieving herself on the hallway floor, the newly elected mayor stepped forward, gathered herself, and strode purposefully into the Town Hall meeting room, ready for her big moment. It was a...
  28. ramonmercado

Missing In Action: Posters Who Have Wandered Off

Cads and bounders the lot of them.
  29. ramonmercado

Witches

Romania's CybeWitches. CONSIDER IT GLOBALIZATION of the supernatural: Thanks to the proliferation of the internet, the Romanian witch community—also known as the vrăjitoare—has migrated their ancient practice onto the web. Using social media to livestream rituals or to video chat with clients...
  30. ramonmercado

Missing In Action: Posters Who Have Wandered Off

I still miss him though. I hope he's OK.
  31. ramonmercado

Something New Every Day: Random & Newly Found Facts

He just made a spectacle of himself.
  32. ramonmercado

What Would You Like Carved On Your Tombstone?

I want a medley of Light My Fire, Both Ends Burning and Ashes To Ashes.
  33. ramonmercado

If you & Myth predecease me then I'll get a plane to do skywriting memorials to you as you blow in the wind.
  34. ramonmercado

Disability Hate Crime

Nasty incident. A woman with a neuro-muscular condition has described being chased in a car park and told she was abusing the blue badge disabled parking scheme. Sara Flay, from Neath, needs support from ankle and leg braces but her disability is not immediately obvious. "The incidences were...
  35. ramonmercado

Strange Deaths

This might yet end up in Fortean Crime. A murder investigation is under way in Italy after the death of a Moroccan model who testified against former PM Silvio Berlusconi in 2012. Imane Fadil, 33, died on 1 March in a Milan hospital, a month after being admitted with stomach pains. At the...
  36. ramonmercado

The Reverse Haunted House

Well, didn't this happen in Norfolk?
  37. ramonmercado

Suggestions For A Good Read

I'm reading Too Naked For The Nazis: Wilson, Keppel And Betty by Alan Stanford. The tale of a great dance/comedy act. Nowadays their Egyptian/Sand dances would probably be regarded as Cultural Appropriation. Keppel also did a Gandhi dance, even performed it before King George V. The nazis...
  38. ramonmercado

Saxon & Anglo-Saxon Artifacts: New Discoveries

Another important pendant identified. An Anglo-Saxon gold pendant, found near a site where a similar item worth £145,000 was dug up, probably belonged to a woman of "high social status". The Winfarthing Pendant was found in 2014 near Diss in Norfolk. The latest pendant, with a central cross...
  39. ramonmercado

What Were You Doing Five Minutes Ago?

40. ramonmercado

Horror Films

Bound To Vengeance: Eve (Tina Ivlev) is held as a slave in a basement but manages to overpower and chain her captor, Phil (Richard Tyson). Upstairs she discovers photos of other chained. She forces Phil to bring her to where the girls are held. But things take a decidedly bizarre turn as the...
  41. ramonmercado

Personal Space

Poor Max will have a fit!
  42. ramonmercado

Non-Fortean Films

Cold Pursuit: Nels Coxman (Liam Neeson) is a snowplough driver, keeping the ski resort town of Kehoe connected to the rest of Colorado, happy in his existence until his son Kyle turns up dead, apparently from a drug overdose. But it turns out that his son fell foul of drug pushers and was...
  43. ramonmercado

The Universal Medicine Cult

Dici et quinque libras salis.
  44. ramonmercado

What are you bleedin' looking at?
  45. ramonmercado

You were Caligula!
  46. ramonmercado

A bizarre Cult. You can burp bad spirits out! (They don't mean alcohol.) The cult also teaches that people with autism were former dictators Chamber boss Simon Williams quits over Universal Medicine cult claims The president of a Chamber of Commerce has stood down from his role following a...
  47. ramonmercado

The R.I.P. Thread

This death should be investigated!
  48. ramonmercado

The MMR Vaccine & Alleged Negative Effects

If you look at the contexts and posts in which the term "antivaxxers" is used here perhaps you will see that it is not used lightly. "Antivaxxers" spread lies about the effects of the vaccines under discussion. That is very illustrated in the posts above. Their lies result in deaths, this is...
  49. ramonmercado

The Troll's Head

Kindly refer to People Of Restricted Growth or the Vertically Challenged!