4. Coastaljames

What Music?

T-Model Ford - "I'm Insane".
  5. Coastaljames

Novichok In Salisbury: Secret Agents & Nerve Agents In Britain

He he he, someone's getting there... ;)
  6. Coastaljames

Cannabis Is Good For You

People are weird. Try Spice mate...even worse...now that REALLY shocked me!:hurting:
  7. Coastaljames

Cannabis Is Good For You

I never thought I'd say it but today's weed is waaaaaay too strong. One of the last time I smoked - and this was after probably 20 years of chainsmoking marijuana, I smoked some high-grade hydroponic chronic. I lay in my bed in the foetal position for about 4 hours with voices going round and...
  8. Coastaljames

What Were You Doing Five Minutes Ago?

Interesting, thanks. I've seen a fair few of his "Map" lectures, but not read the book. Another one for the list...
  9. Coastaljames

Cannabis Is Good For You

Just got back from AA this evening!
  10. Coastaljames

It wasn't anything pleasant.
  11. Coastaljames

I've only read "12 Rules", but would like to read "Maps". He's an amazing communicator and thinker.
  12. Coastaljames

Cannabis Is Good For You

I also tend to agree with this. And yes, I know the difference between physical, chemical dependency. I have been an addict of both alcohol and opiates. However, let's not forget that all emotions are, I believe, chemical also. I'm not good at explaining. And I guess this stuff is a little too...
  13. Coastaljames

The Good Stuff Online Thread

Looks beautiful.
  14. Coastaljames

Cannabis Is Good For You

It's a tricky one. Some people, like me, have very addicitive personalities. And get addicted to pretty much anything. Weed being one of them. It's not so much the substance, as one's attitude towards it. And yes - this attitude can produce physical withdrawal symptoms.
  15. Coastaljames

Not if you ask a quantum theorist lol ;)
  16. Coastaljames

^ Maybe it's just me...but that looks beautifully harmonious and chilled :)
  17. Coastaljames

Life's often not like that. And, I'd add this - if it genuinely is espionage/intelligence/spycraft activity - as at least the British government tell us it is then the likelihood of us being told everything either by them, or by the Russians, is precisely nil.
  18. Coastaljames

And de rigeur from others to automatically discount unofficial theories and hypothetical versions of events. Two sides of the same coin. Said it before on this thread - if you think you've got it figured out, you're wrong. See also - life.
  19. Coastaljames

Genuinely can't tell you what I was honestly doing five minutes ago...
  20. Coastaljames

Clowns: Evil Or Funny?

^ I remember it...but nothing more...and seems a very urban legend-type tale.
  21. Coastaljames

Hallucinogens

I understand...I've never been able to get into the whole "group" thing...I'm for the camp of Groucho and would never be a member of a club that allowed me...plus - people = dicks, as a fairly accurate rule, for me. Thank you - will look into some of Myatt's newer stuff.
  22. Coastaljames

What Music?

I don't really go to gigs anymore because I always come away underwhelmed. Not my thing anymore these days to be honest. Particularly when the band is at least 25 years past their best work...and the "band" actually only contains one original member.
  23. Coastaljames

Revenge Of The Clutter Monster

And how much of a time-waster he was lol.
  24. Coastaljames

I have the very utmost respect and passion for Crowley. I consider him a genius and a very, very fine Englishman. But he deliberately wrote to baffle, confuse and trick. His stuff is a pain in the arse, deliberately - like he was!
  25. Coastaljames

Hallucinogens

@FrKadash are you still involved in the Order of Nine mate?
  26. Coastaljames

What Music?

Saw him at the Norwich Waterfront...must have been around 1994. I say "saw"...he didn't actually come on stage except for a few seconds in the middle. Looked like he was trying to find the lav and took a wrong turn lol. Nutter. Such an amazing artist. Visionary. Different planet to everyone else.
  27. Coastaljames

What Music?

Edgar Froese - "Sobornost" (Live)
  28. Coastaljames

Hallucinogens

Well put and I agree. Acid is too forced...too chemically...DMT is quite something else. The two are chalk and cheese. The difference between a Big Mac and the twelve-course tasting menu at a 3-Star Michelin restaurant. Acid is for kids...in my opinion. Like stolen fags round the bikesheds...
  29. Coastaljames

What Music?

Stunning, brilliant, transcendent as ever! Probably my favourite modern recording artist. Absolutely untouchable. And yeah - he owned an armoured car for a giggle back in the 90s...reckon he probably lives in a house tho lol...
  30. Coastaljames

95 now...acquried two more yesterday...
  31. Coastaljames

The New Members' Thread

Yeah, I mean what sort of idiot would think that eh? Ahem... :loopy:
  32. Coastaljames

What Music?

Various Artists - "Drums of Death: Field Recordings in Ghana".
  33. Coastaljames

The New Members' Thread

Great book! @smeedax - Suriname? How wonderful! I don' even know where that is lol! How totally fascinating! Welcome aboard - great to have you here!
  34. Coastaljames

Shocked even me!
  35. Coastaljames

I recently tidied up and counted my "to read" pile. Well- piles. 93 books not including chapbooks and pamphlets.
  36. Coastaljames

I got ridiculously into his Youtube channel "Britishmuzzleloaders". It's deeply, deeply strange and relaxing...like high-grade morphine...soporific...
  37. Coastaljames

Stuff You've Just Bought

Amazing place. The dioramas they've built for the vehicles are just thrilling - genuinely! I'm not afraid to admit I nearly wet myself at the T-34 and T-55s....beautiful engines of pain and destruction!
  38. Coastaljames

Well...it's a mystery and those of us into matters Fortean...like a good mystery :)
  39. Coastaljames

Stuff You've Just Bought

You're going? Fantastic! I wanted to but things didn't pan out, would love to though. I went there a few weeks back. Hadn't been since a child. I was blown away- absolutely fantastic museum. The Imperial War Museums right now are really at the top of their game with intelligent, sophisticated...
  40. Coastaljames

Someone yes- presumably. We don't know (definitely and without doubt) who that person really is, for sure. And we don't know what definitely happened.
  41. Coastaljames

Not swallowing anything mate. I just know how easy it is to kill someone. But yes - the Russian Foreign Intelligence Services may be totally, totally, totally inept I guess...I mean it's possible I suppose... Also...I think I already stated on this thread - I don't know, really, who Skripal...
  42. Coastaljames

I said "one of" purposely mate :)
  43. Coastaljames

It really is. And if you have one of the best-funded, best-connected, totally ruthless and immoral assassination machines in the world, it's even easier.
  44. Coastaljames

Stuff You've Just Bought

^ I love your posts on this thread mate...mostly because I never have a clue what you've actually just bought lol! :bf:
  45. Coastaljames

It's not remotely unlikely. But...I think he'd be dead. And using a military grade highly-deadly, unstable and traceable nerve agent, would, to me, seem unlikely.
  46. Coastaljames

Things That Make You Go... WTF?

You are right... Sadly their "proclivities" didn't do either of them much good. At Keith's "home pub". I love giant squid so much...that I got a tattoo of one lol! ;)
  47. Coastaljames

Suggestions For A Good Read

He's always a pleasure mate. I think my favourite British modern writer.