Search results

1. Schrodinger's Zebra

The R.I.P. Thread

Wow... it was only a few days ago (middle of last week maybe, certainly before Friday) that Mr Zebra and I had cause to discuss Butterflies, for whatever reason, and the conversation drifted to "wonder what happened to the one who played the other son" because of course Nicholas Lyndhurst had...
  2. Schrodinger's Zebra

Photographs Of Gnomes

Ah, I wasn't familiar with this liminal term but I like the description I've found: "A time between the 'what was' and the 'next'." https://inaliminalspace.org/about-us/what-is-a-liminal-space/ I first heard that rhyme on Sapphire and Steel. It goes through my mind a lot, there's just...
  3. Schrodinger's Zebra

Stuff You've Just Bought

Ah but that means she gets to pick from children's shoes (I do that too.. at times... my shoe size is 4.5 but I normally have to get a 5 cos 4.5 is harder to find). :D She might be able to find wide shoes online... could be a bit cheaper, ya know? If she knows what 'wideness' she needs that...
  4. Schrodinger's Zebra

Stuff You've Just Bought

They were from a mobility aids store... a shop that sells all sorts of mobility / disability aids (as well as shoes they sell reclining chairs / mobility scooters / walkers / tipping kettles / easy-grip cutlery / etc etc). This sort of shop...
  5. Schrodinger's Zebra

Stuff You've Just Bought

Yesterday we bought some wide-fitting orthopaedic shoes so that I can wear my clunky plastic ankle braces (or ankle scaffolding as I like to call em') without stretching my normal shoes. I felt a bit guilty at the cost thought - £82 :wide:... its flippin' expensive being disabled.
  6. Schrodinger's Zebra

Eurovision: ESC 2019

We in the Zebra household gave up on the show once all the songs had been played so we didn't find out the winner until this morning. When I heard that the Netherlands had won, I told Mr Zebra. His reaction was exactly what I was thinking: "Which one was that, then?"
  7. Schrodinger's Zebra

Weird Tales From Reddit

This is a doozy.. Not only that, but we also have these accounts of passengers on planes disappearing: :freak:
  8. Schrodinger's Zebra

Photographs Of Gnomes

Oh wow thank you! I note with interest that a couple of those indoor encounters also took place on stairs, just like my mum's encounter. Dunno if that means anything (as clearly not all of the indoor ones were on stairs) but still it stood out, to me.
  9. Schrodinger's Zebra

Photographs Of Gnomes

Excellent account. I love this... something about it being about film photography (as opposed to digital photography) makes it so much more interesting in my mind. (I don't think I could bring myself to photograph mirrors though... they creep me out at the best of times). One thought that...
  10. Schrodinger's Zebra

What Were You Doing Five Minutes Ago?

And where is this photo? We can't see it.! That's just reminded me there's rhubarb down the bottom of our garden that we should really harvest now. Or pick. Or dig up, or whatever. Five minutes ago we were trying to explain to ZebraPup that the hedgehog she's just found in the garden...
  11. Schrodinger's Zebra

Mr Zebra and I are watching, first time seeing any of the songs so not much idea what to expect. Pretty dire so far... oh, Norway's about to have their go... **ooh that's quite good** EDIT (sometime later)... Go Australia! :D
  12. Schrodinger's Zebra

The R.I.P. Thread

My introduction to Doris Day, when I was little, was 'On Moonlight Bay' and 'By The Light Of The Silvery Moon'. I absolutely loved those films, and I've watched them many times since. RIP Doris.
  13. Schrodinger's Zebra

Ah now that's more up my street. Can I vote for that one?
  14. Schrodinger's Zebra

What Music?

I came across this chap today... Gary Watson... died tragically on his 22nd birthday (he fell into a river). I found this song - it's really rather good. RIP Gary. From the sounds of this you had real talent.
  15. Schrodinger's Zebra

The R.I.P. Thread

Ah good, thanks for that... it's awful to hear how badly it affected him though. Ah my memory isn't as bad as I feared then :) Max Clifford? That explains a heck of a lot then. Never did like that stupid hamster story.
  16. Schrodinger's Zebra

Useless Policing Or A Cover Up?

Hmmm... I had not heard of this case before, and it was a very interesting (but tragic) read. It does appear that the police in this case went with the easiest option, rather than investigating properly and thoroughly. They surely shouldn't be making assumptions about suicide without proper...
  17. Schrodinger's Zebra

The R.I.P. Thread

Sounds like a lot of fun back in t'day. I'm sitting here trying to remember childhood telly shows now... was Freddie Starr the one who used to have Des O' Connor in stitches on a chat show? Or am I mixing him up with someone else? Anyway RIP Mr Starr. Hope the allegations weren't true.
  18. Schrodinger's Zebra

We've been doing some dog training with ZebraPup. So far she knows that Sit means Sit, Stay...

We've been doing some dog training with ZebraPup. So far she knows that Sit means Sit, Stay means Stay, and Leave means... er... well that one's proving a bit more difficult.
  19. Schrodinger's Zebra

What Eludes You?

G'day, skinny. Hope you find something soon. I'm sure you will, just keep looking. She'll be apples. :D
  20. Schrodinger's Zebra

What Eludes You?

:boozing: That's interesting... wonder what it is about us clearly special and gifted individuals who can taste alcohol then? To be honest I've never thought about whether it's something that I'm not supposed to be able to taste (all I know is that Mr Zebra, who does drink occasionally, never...
  21. Schrodinger's Zebra

The Madeleine McCann Disappearance

What I was actually saying in my post was that it seems absurd to me (and I'm not the only one) that a child goes missing and the police just take the word of the parents that "she's been abducted" without a shred of evidence for that and just run with it like that's the only possible...
  22. Schrodinger's Zebra

What Eludes You?

I thought that was the Dedicated Follower of Fashion? Things that elude me: Alcohol. Don't like the taste of it. All alcohol I've ever tried has a distinct 'alcohol taste' that I just do not like. And I can't understand why people can't understand that I don't drink alcohol at all. "Not...
  23. Schrodinger's Zebra

The R.I.P. Thread

I hadn't heard of this chap before but I was interested to hear the news report telling us that he had Marfan syndrome - (a connective tissue disorder along the same vein as Ehlers Danlos). I couldn't help thinking it was a shame that his celebrity-ness couldn't have brought some much-needed...
  24. Schrodinger's Zebra

The Madeleine McCann Disappearance

Hmmm... I've been away from this thread for quite a while so I've been busily reading up on what's been said, and pleased to see some theories being discussed freely. That's good. My personal feelings on this case have not - and undoubtedly will not - change no matter how many 'surprise' new...
  25. Schrodinger's Zebra

Drone Disruption At Gatwick (Dec. 2018)

Oh, police out again playing with their drones were they... :willy: (Either that or the air traffic control system went out again and they had to come up with an excuse...)
  26. Schrodinger's Zebra

End Of The World '92/'93

Well done for finding that - I vaguely remember the event but not that there was the BBC animation like that. :clap:
  27. Schrodinger's Zebra

The R.I.P. Thread

Shit. Just... shit. Far too young. RIP Boon. https://news.sky.com/story/boon-gould-level-42-founding-member-dies-aged-64-11708570 I feel for his brother Phil (also a founding member of Level 42 of course). And the rest of the band. :( And sorry for swearing, it's just... it gets to...
  28. Schrodinger's Zebra

Most Horrible Day Ever?

Absolutely well done, you reacted amazingly. Please don't beat yourself up worrying whether you didn't react quick enough, or didn't do enough, or whatever. You did more than enough. :) You did a lot more than many would do (I for sure could not have handled that situation), and you stayed...
  29. Schrodinger's Zebra

End Of The World '92/'93

Mr Zebra, upon me reading this thread out to him, immediately said to me "that was that comet in the 90s, they said it might have hit Earth if it didn't hit Jupiter". I pressed him on this and he wasn't sure whether they mentioned Earth being in danger before it hit Jupiter; but he thinks it...
  30. Schrodinger's Zebra

Political Correctness Rides Again

Do all these people at college / university campuses (campii?) who want to ban people from speaking, realise that one day, it could be them who are prevented from speaking, because someone will take offense at what they have to say? Whatever happened to the old adage "I disagree with what you...
  31. Schrodinger's Zebra

The Whinge Thread, Resurrected

Thank you :salute: Mr Zebra and I now have ICE contacts for each other on our phones. Thought we'd do it now rather than putting it off, cos that's never a wise thing...
  32. Schrodinger's Zebra

Thanks to all for your concern. :group: I will admit in the cold light of day to being a tad embarrassed that I posted about it, but I was very stressed and upset and just needed to speak to someone (other than Mr Zebra of course) and I didn't know where else to turn. Thankfully when I phoned...
  33. Schrodinger's Zebra

There's no one else nearby, unfortunately.
  34. Schrodinger's Zebra

Logged on cos I need to rant. (sorry) Stupid bureaucracy and stupid hospitals. They won't tell me what's wrong with a family member who was taken ill this evening because apparently they "can't give out information over the phone." :mad: I don't know what the heck I'm supposed to do, the...
  35. Schrodinger's Zebra

G'Day skinny, :bpals: I'm not too bad, several ups and downs but that's life isn't it. How's things with you? EDIT: just saw this post: Huge hugs skinny. Your kids are blessed to have you.
  36. Schrodinger's Zebra

What Did You Dream Of Last Night?

Ooh you are so lucky living so close to the Wirral! We need a several-hour drive to get to it! :) Wow I didn't know that about the forests, how interesting. Do you know what the book is called? I bet it would be a good read. What a bizarrely odd and detailed dream. Funny how things like...
  37. Schrodinger's Zebra

Strange Coincidences?

I've been browsing youtube playing some 80s videos (as you do) and what else came up down the side of the recommended videos but "Cars and Girls' by Prefab Sprout. With that, I declare us back on topic.... :D
  38. Schrodinger's Zebra

:rollingw: *waves* hi Swifty, long time no see..
  39. Schrodinger's Zebra

I'd love to think that's all it is, but... there seems so much of it that Mr Zebra and I are beginning to wonder if it's some 'latest thing', you know? Like one person started it so another thought "hey that's cool I'm gonna talk like that too" and so on, perhaps it's a thing in the latest...
  40. Schrodinger's Zebra

I would name it MAN. Not that I would even consider buying it in the first place, and feeding the illusion that this is what most people want. Why on earth can't things be male anymore? Men exist, and things can be male. People should get over it. For crying out loud. *goes to a quiet...
  41. Schrodinger's Zebra

We've seen some of his. I know what you mean. Is it me, or does there seem to be a proliferation, (certainly in mystery / paranormal and the like) videos on youtube, where people talk with a rather unnatural inflection (if that is the right word).. I don't know how well I can describe it, but...
  42. Schrodinger's Zebra

What Did You Dream Of Last Night?

I'd just love the chance to try the stuff! I do hope it helps you. I love the Wirral! We were there t'other weekend.. :joyf: Well my dream last night was simply this: I was at work (although it seemed like it was supposed to be my current place of employment, the building actually...
  43. Schrodinger's Zebra

Ooh crikey I've never heard of the toast cheese sandwich one before! That does rather complicate things. You certainly have your work cut out now. Alas, I seem to have missed the toast flurry. But of course toast should be toasted on both sides. No question. :)
  44. Schrodinger's Zebra

Lucky Escapes

What a gorgeous (and very lucky) dog. I hope it goes on to find a nice new home. That last picture is adorable.
  45. Schrodinger's Zebra

What Music?

I absolutely adore every. single. thing. about this video... :curt:
  46. Schrodinger's Zebra

Funny Finding

ZebraPup loves wearing it! There is a crime being committed though... so better call the Cuteness Police! :P
  47. Schrodinger's Zebra

:rollingw: Listened to it as far as the bird story then I've given up cos I really can't stand those computer-talking voice things that people put on videos. But the bird thing... LOL
  48. Schrodinger's Zebra

Hmmm... interesting. I wonder if it is because one is hot and one is cold? Does a hot meal make one feel more full than a cold meal? Lots of cheese sandwiches and cheese-on-toast are required to test out this theory I think. Let us know the results. :D And that's just reminded me that...
  49. Schrodinger's Zebra

What Music?

Ooh I like that song. Dare I say I never really knew who sang it? :shy:
  50. Schrodinger's Zebra

Funny Finding

Aww I so wish I could post her picture. To give you an idea, this is the garment in question...