Search results

1. Kryptonite

What Music?

Sometimes you forget just how much you love a song til you hear it unexpectedly...
  2. Kryptonite

Is Roswell Finally Dead?

That's the Cisco Grove Incident, which involved two entities and two robotic figures. There's a book about it called Aliens in the Forest, and Timothy Good also covers it in his book Alien Base.
  3. Kryptonite

Abducted: The True Story Of Alien Abduction

I've read the book in question, it's a strange old tale and one that suggests (to me anyway) some sort of human mind-control/manipulation. It is worth a read if anyone stumbles across it. I found the part with the dead mice very unsettling (one of the witnesses found a number of dead mice laid...
  4. Kryptonite

Throw away your sticks and walk. Bonk! April fool!

Throw away your sticks and walk. Bonk! April fool!
  5. Kryptonite

What Were You Doing Five Minutes Ago?

Tell him it's pronounced 'quiche' ;)
  6. Kryptonite

I'm starting to think Google Maps might be ever so slightly less than completely reliable.
  7. Kryptonite

A few years ago, Google Maps showed that I'd been to Turkey and back during the night. Either it was wrong, or I had a very extreme case of sleepwalking.
  8. Kryptonite

Her Spanish habits were so hard to forget

Her Spanish habits were so hard to forget
  9. Kryptonite

The Graffiti & Street Art Thread

Saw this on a pub toilet wall in Glasgow:
  10. Kryptonite

Things That Make You Go... WTF?

A picture of Rodney Bewes. If anyone has can provide any context to this, please do.
  11. Kryptonite

Historic UFO Encounters: Newspaper Articles

OK, hopefully this works after a couple of false starts caused by problems posting the images... I found these tucked into a book about UFOs in a second-hand bookshop in the north of England a few years back;
  12. Kryptonite

The Unbearable Strangeness Of Edmonds

Quite an unexpected amount of swearing from the tidy-bearded one in that interview. Given the amount of fortean interests he appears to have, I wonder if he's a member here?
  13. Kryptonite

The Unbearable Strangeness Of Edmonds

In this picture, I'm not sure if he looks like God, gazing out at His universe in pride, or a stage magician pausing dramatically before correctly guessing which card the "volunteer from the audience" randomly picked.
  14. Kryptonite

Enduring the horrors of a Scotrail train toilet. It's not even 11am yet, how can it be in such a state already?
  15. Kryptonite

Suspiciously Accurate Pop Media Items Attracting Official Inquiries

Thanks for the info, Gordon! Judging by this thread, it seems as though military intelligence people spend a lot of their time reading comics and watching 70s Doctor Who. I wonder if they're recruiting at the moment, I feel I have the perfect skillset for the role.
  16. Kryptonite

Suspiciously Accurate Pop Media Items Attracting Official Inquiries

There Is a very similar story told about the designer of the Doctor Who serial The Sea Devils making a model submarine for the show and bring visited by military intelligence who suspected him of having access to secret plans. I'll have to check, but I believe this story is told in an...
  17. Kryptonite

Are you sure you didn't see Hitler eating a bee while a cat fought with a chicken thigh? It could be very easy to get mixed up.
  18. Kryptonite

Eating a sweet chilli chicken thigh whilst listening to a podcast about Hitler and watching next door's cat fighting with a bee. I am confident that that is the first time in history the above sentence has ever been used.
  19. Kryptonite

Don't try to take my trifle, we might end up in a custardy battle.

Don't try to take my trifle, we might end up in a custardy battle.
  20. Kryptonite

Israelis Try New Crowd Control Method: Topless Women

And as a wise man once said, hair are your aerials, they pick up signals from the cosmos and transmit them directly into your brain. This, he further posited, is the reason all bald men are uptight. Mmm.
  21. Kryptonite

Cherries with Hot Gossip? Yeah, I'm in.

Cherries with Hot Gossip? Yeah, I'm in.
  22. Kryptonite

The reason people vandalise stuff is because they are so unhappy and empty that they feel threatened when they see others doing something that provides them with genuine pleasure. These idiots should be tracked down (no pun intended) and given a good thrashing. On a happier note, the well...
  23. Kryptonite

What next then?

What next then?
  24. Kryptonite

But not the Flying Burrito Brothers.

But not the Flying Burrito Brothers.
  25. Kryptonite

What To Call The New Board?

Couldn't agree more!
  26. Kryptonite

Things That Make You Go... WTF?

The Kindle store today recommended me four books by the Dalai Lama, the Tibetan Book of the Dead, the IChing, and the World According to Noddy by Noddy Holder.
  27. Kryptonite

Seven Samurai For Seven Brothers?

Seven Samurai For Seven Brothers?
  28. Kryptonite

Words And Phrases We Should Use More Often!

Great! Super!
  29. Kryptonite

Speaking of words you only see in the Beano, has anyone ever actually expressed irritation by saying 'bah' in real life?
  30. Kryptonite

Charity Shop & Poundshop Finds

Today i bought the 1984 edition of David Attenborough's Life on Earth book, for 99p in the Salvation Army shop. I borrowed this book from my local library more than once back in the eighties. A new edition has just been published, but the 1984 version just holds a nostalgic appeal for me...
  31. Kryptonite

Stuff You've Just Bought

Good little book. Very interesting, Nick Redfern's book on the topic is worth reading too.
  32. Kryptonite

No, I'm not.

No, I'm not.
  33. Kryptonite

Stanton Friedman

I was thinking more of at least one tv appearance where he pooh-poohed the idea of ufos then rudely sniggered and mumbled while a fellow guest and ufo researcher spoke. It has been suggested he was a government shill asked to publically debunk the subject whenever he could.
  34. Kryptonite

The Unexplained (Books) - Still Viable?

They may or may not be obsolete these days (although I don't think anything so open-minded could ever be totally obsolete), but isn't the art gorgeous! Beautiful coloured-pencil drawings that haunted the dreams of many a youngster (me included).
  35. Kryptonite

Stanton Friedman

I don't think he was either. Carl Sagan, though, in my opinion, toed the government line whenever he was asked to comment publically on ufos or alien life.
  36. Kryptonite

Stanton Friedman

Sad news. Thanks for all your work, Mr Friedman.
  37. Kryptonite

Funny And/Or Weird Happenings Whilst Drunk

I once saw someone fall down a spiral metal staircase about 15 feet high, plummeting right to the bottom without spilling any of his pint. I honestly felt like I'd witnessed something very special.
  38. Kryptonite

Things I Don't Give a Rat's Arse About

Royal Babies. I honestly can't muster any interest in them at all. I find it more interesting to ponder where the KitKat wrapper that's just blown past my window will end up. (I think it'll drift down onto the railway line)
  39. Kryptonite

Words & Phrases You Never Want To Hear Again

For some reason, it always irritates me to hear the name Bernard pronounced as B'nard.
  40. Kryptonite

Wondering why the Scottish news always seems to have people I've never seen before reading the news on bank holidays.
  41. Kryptonite

Gongoozle means to gaze idly at a canal or river. I'd love to be able to use that more often.
  42. Kryptonite

The Stuff It List

Mindbending drugs. Cleaning the filter on a washing machine. Eating tripe. Being held hostage by a crazed Noel Edmonds. (You never know)
  43. Kryptonite

I always feel childishly let down when it's cold on a bank holiday.

I always feel childishly let down when it's cold on a bank holiday.
  44. Kryptonite

Something New Every Day: Random & Newly Found Facts

The first three men on Earth (according to the Bible), Adam, Abel and Cain, have the same initials as the first three men who went to the Moon - Armstrong, Aldrin and Collins.
  45. Kryptonite

What Music?

Great song, spectacular vocals from a great singer, video with some Fortean themes, and one of the greatest moments in music video at 3:25 where our hero shows us the most effective way to use a lightsaber.
  46. Kryptonite

What Are You Eating & Drinking?

Very strong tea. The sort of strong tea that makes you shudder as you drink it. Mainly because I put two teabags in the cup by mistake.
  47. Kryptonite

Scouring eBay for something nice. No idea what, there's nothing I really need, but I feel like trying to find some unexpected little tidbit at a decent price. Keeps the postman busy, if nothing else.
  48. Kryptonite

Sunny day sun. Easter goodness. Spring happiness.

Sunny day sun. Easter goodness. Spring happiness.
  49. Kryptonite

General Book Thread: Solicit Opinions Or Review!

Finished The Dreamland Chronicles by David Darlington earlier. Starts off as a great read about the history of the Skunk Works, moved on into some interesting stuff about Bob Lazar, ends up as a catalogue of local oddballs and their strange behaviour. If I was to reread this, I wouldnt...
  50. Kryptonite

Charity Shop & Poundshop Finds

I borrowed Harry Price's book about Borley Rectory from my local library at least 6 times in my teenage years. Now, luxury of luxuries, I own my own copy.