Search results

1. C

The Enfield Poltergeist

Never seen this one before... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pvraq3KfP6w
  2. C

Simulacra

Never seen so little meat on a piece of bacon.
  3. C

Ghosts & Computers?

A long long time ago someone asked about a documentary about a ghost that was communicating via a computer. I remembered it was a series called 'Out of this world' in 1996 with Carol Vorderman and Chris Choi. It was split over two episode and they have recently appeared on youtube. It's...
  4. C

Jack Shepherd, 'The Speedboat Killer'

I've seen the phone footage of Charlotte yelling him to slow down. Given this I find it hard to imagine she would drive and then go so fast.
  5. C

Well they've got the boat. Surely they can examine the underneath and tell if this is true. This creep could get done for murder.
  6. C

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/speedboat-killer-jack-shepherd-was-13912684 Numerous newspaper articles now claim a witness saw Jack in the boat on his own looking in the water for Charlotte. Suggests he staged the whole thing.
  7. C

This came up as an alert on my mobile at 5:30pm. Be interesting to hear his story.
  8. C

The Daily Mail report he is I Georgia, The Sun say he is in Thailand.
  9. C

What gets me most is that surely the police would know if he used his own passport to go abroad.
  10. C

To be fair, it seems we only have Jacks work that Charlotte was driving. I'm not sure I believe that now.
  11. C

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-46781619 This is a case that has been in the news but I have read so much conflicting information. Firstly, I just found out it happened in December 2015. Secondly, I read that Charlotte Brown was driving the boat when it hit a submerged log and...
  12. C

Classic TV Ads

The ameriquest dog poo ad is the best.
  13. C

Humour & Jokes

14. C

Humour & Jokes

I can see why this forum is closing if we can post unlimited video clips, it isn't youtube.
  15. C

Aviation Accidents

Turn out that if the tail rotor breaks when you have 130mph forward momentum you can fight it but with no forward momentum you can do nothing.
  16. C

Aviation Accidents

Well spotted.
  17. C

D.B. Cooper: The Parachuting Airline-Hijacker

Rackstraw is the only suspect whose mouth looks like the photo-fits.
  18. C

Ilkley Moor Alien Photo (Yorkshire; December 1987)

The Ilkley moor pic is strange, only one photo. Tow pics with the alien in different arm/leg positions would be more convincing. But even that cold be just as easily faked.
  19. C

Greenhaw Photos: Falkville, Alabama (1973): Shiny / Metal-Clad Figure

The shiny suit figure clearly has exact human proportions, even the beer belly. No coincidence.
  20. C

Miscellaneous Ghost Photos & Videos

Was it filmed on a mobile phone (or similar)? I know for a fact that mobile phone cameras are programmed to filter out things that are deemed irregular. For example a friend once filmed on a mobile phone through his windscreen when it was raining. But the camera filtered out the windscreen...
  21. C

She does not go round the corner, either ghost or fake. Probably fake.
  22. C

Weird Bus Stop Encounter

Texting became popular with the invention of the 2g (GENERATION) mobile phones in the late 90s.
  23. C

Have you ever rested a shirt on the back of a chair?
  24. C

There is too much contrast, normally you get reflection from a window so you cannot see much of what is behind. There is too much of a face, nose,eyes, forehead, hair all matches a face structure. Not simulacra but fake.
  25. C

Waking Up In The Night And Can't Breathe

Just for the record, I have experienced sleep paralysis on rare occasions (once every few years) where I feel awake and can see but can't move.
  26. C

Waking Up In The Night And Can't Breathe

Sorry if this unusual, Okay, the explanation for this may be more medical than paranormal but I have never read of anything like it. Last night I went to bed (after a few beers) at 11pm as normal. During the night I suddenly woke up (2am approx) and I could not breathe. I stumbled up...
  27. C

River Elbe Serpent Photo

Could be a ripple in the water or a couple of smaller animals.
  28. C

Man Is Jailed For Killing Robber

As for the case of Brooks vs Vincent, I think the mourners should be allowed to put flowers there and let those flowers stay for a week. We all hate career criminals, but the police made the best statement by not pressing any charges, and making this decision very quickly. Although gypsies are...
  29. C

Humour & Jokes

Jim Bowen's best joke... "Doctor, if I never drink, smoke or have sex will I live forever?" "No, it will just feel like it." RIP Jim
  30. C

Humour & Jokes

A patient rings his doctor... Patient: "Doctor, I applied that Hemorrhoid cream you gave me and got a terrible reaction!" Doctor: "Okay, where exactly did you apply it?" Patient: "On the bus."
  31. C

Predictions For 2018

As a West Brom fan I don't want to go there.
  32. C

The Optical Illusions Appreciation Thread

Cold water mirage
  33. C

Mammoths

34. C

Timeslip At Waterloo Station?

The cut and cover lines are not deep enough to be below graveyards but the deeper 'tube' lines I think at least 90% of the time are underneath roads.
  35. C

The Grenfell Tower Fire

The cost of the cladding is probably very little compared to the cost of putting scaffolding around a 24 story building and installing it. I've read it was something a 50k difference on an £8m project. But it the cheaper stuff is legal then people will use it. So how was it legal?
  36. C

The Grenfell Tower Fire

I'm new to this thread so apologies if I have not read all 16 pages. But how can a building be clad in flammable material in this day and age? Surely they must know by now where the buck stops. But I'm sure corruption will make sure nothing is ever done.
  37. C

Humour & Jokes

A lot of women turn into good drivers. So if you are a good driver, beware of women trying to turn.
  38. C

Timeslip At Waterloo Station?

Going back to the original post, going down into the underground can feel like a different world.
  39. C

Parson's Green Bomb: Staged Incident?

Maybe the police want some overtime.
  40. C

Which Fortean Mysteries Would You Like To See Solved?

DB Cooper, love to see that solved.
  41. C

Minor Strangeness

Every morning my drive to work takes me from Alton (Hampshire) to Waterlooville, I have been doing this journey for over 15 months and each morning I drive through a place called Denmead. Yesterday morning I saw a grey BMW M3 convertible (E46 model for geeks) driving the other way, I noticed it...
  42. C

It's Paedogeddon!

Depends how old the adult is, 18 yr old man and 15 yr old girl is not really that unusual. Grown man & 15 yr old girl is perv/paedo territory.
  43. C

It's Paedogeddon!

Under 13 is statutory rape, girls of 13-15 are deemed old enough to know what they are doing even though it is illegal.
  44. C

Faking it: Tears of a Crime

It was a different one, but I have seen that one also.
  45. C

Very good point, an innocent person convicted would be in a greater state of trauma than a guilty one.
  46. C

Last night I watched this show on some satellite channel and it was all about body language experts examining footage of murderers like Tracie Andres, Ian Huntley and various others as they appealed to the public to help catch the miscreant (I've seen Mick Philpott on a similar program). It...
  47. C

Humour & Jokes

I was not close to my dad when he died, which is lucky as he trod on a land mine.
  48. C

Humour & Jokes

The local gay bar burnt down last night. Outside were 20 firefighters, 12 police officers, 14 red indians, 11 cowboys and 10 construction workers.
  49. C

Amelia Earhart

Could be anything, like rippling water on the sea.
  50. C

Err, a person in the background?