Search results

1. ramonmercado

Strange Crimes

He'll have to sing for his supper now, Customs told him to pluck off. A gentleman arriving from Guyana was caught at JFK Airport attempting to smuggle 70 live finches hidden inside hair rollers. He was sent home without his birds, which he was planning to enter in a high-stakes underground...
  2. ramonmercado

Political Correctness Rides Again

Cor blimey guv it's the Babe Ruth!
  3. ramonmercado

Far Right Behind The 'Yellow Jacket' Petrol Protests?

The yellow vests "leadership" try and placate the base with the demands for pensions etc but really represents tax cuts for the wealthy. But if those less well off are to get better services and lower taxes then it the better off who must pay more tax. Otherwise you are dealing with voodoo...
  4. ramonmercado

Rare Burials & Exhumations

I am the rightful Duke of Norfolk.
  5. ramonmercado

The R.I.P. Thread

Yeah, an Orang Utan beat her for acting awards in that film.
  6. ramonmercado

Ah for the old days. Copper: you're nicked me lad. Crim: it's a fair cop guv.
  7. ramonmercado

I think it's always been that way regarding pets. How dare you suggest that cats and dogs are not people. Every Dalmatian should have the right to aspire to be a Professor of Dogmatic Theology.
  8. ramonmercado

The Whinge Thread, Resurrected

The Euro is too strong against the Pound Sterling but not strong enough against the US Dollar. I wish things would balance out.
  9. ramonmercado

Indeed, it demands increased services, better state pensions and benefits but wants to cut taxes. It's "leadership" does not represent the base.
  10. ramonmercado

What TV Are You Watching?

Berlin Station on More4, another great episode. As good as Homeland at it's best.
  11. ramonmercado

Strange Crimes

Two good stories!
  12. ramonmercado

Elon Musk

It's terrible, he has some great ideas but his hubris and general sociopathy is bringing not just himself but technological advances down.
  13. ramonmercado

If it only affects the very rich, if your protest movement is based on the fact that workers, small farmers, truck-drivers and the self-employed in general are paying too much tax then It's surprising that you would oppose a wealth tax.
  14. ramonmercado

Is It Wrong?

I see it https://forums.forteana.org/index.php?threads/is-it-wrong.65160/#post-1809453
  15. ramonmercado

Christmas 2018

Tonight I micro-waved sprouts with an onion and a carrot, added dried herbs and some low fat spread. Turned out great, the sprouts have a different texture and taste than cabbage.
  16. ramonmercado

Building The I.S.S.

Or there's an astronaut from Cromer on the ISS.
  17. ramonmercado

Viking-Era Discoveries & Theories

Nah. Rocket propelled cats and Kamikaze attacks by cat lovers.
  18. ramonmercado

How do you think they were defeated in the first place?
  19. ramonmercado

Hmmm, the organiser is opposed to a wealth tax. I thought the yellow jackets were supposed to represent the interests of ordinary people.
  20. ramonmercado

You will now be stalked by cat lovers ...
  21. ramonmercado

Elon Musk

Not a nice person and not a nice place to work. DR. ELON & MR. MUSK: LIFE INSIDE TESLA'S PRODUCTION HELL THE YOUNG TESLA engineer was excited. Ecstatic, in fact. It was a Saturday in October 2017, and he was working at the Gigafactory, Tesla’s enormous battery manufacturing plant in Nevada...
  22. ramonmercado

Sri Lanka

Reviving this Thread after 16 years with a possible Roman link to Sri Lanka. Ancient grape seeds may link Sri Lankan trading port to Roman world By Lizzie WadeDec. 12, 2018 , 7:00 AM Visit Mantai, nestled into a bay in northwestern Sri Lanka, and today you’ll see nothing but a solitary Hindu...
  23. ramonmercado

The Vikings farmed cats for their pelts! Slaughtering monks is one thing, but cats?! Many animals shrink when they become domesticated—the average dog is about 25% smaller than its wild cousin the gray wolf, for example—but a curious thing appears to have happened to cats during the Viking era...
  24. ramonmercado

Christmas 2018

Sounds as if she's short tempered. An angry mum spat in the face of an elf at a shopping centre Christmas grotto. The woman lost her temper when told she could not take her child into the grotto in Stockton-on-Tees because she did not have a booking, police said. She also verbally abused other...
  25. ramonmercado

No funny jokes please. A comedian has turned down a gig at a university after being asked to sign a "behavioural agreement" first. Konstantin Kisin was warned about a "no tolerance policy" on topics including racism, sexism and transphobia. He was asked to perform at a gig at the School of...
  26. ramonmercado

Horror Films

I don't think its that great, worth watching though.
  27. ramonmercado

Proposal: New Religion Based On Selflessness

Our Messiah moves in mysterious ways.
  28. ramonmercado

What Were You Doing Five Minutes Ago?

Totally hartless.
  29. ramonmercado

Farmers

Vertical farming has its ups and downs. There may be a smaller scale soution. Trouble in the High-Rise Hothouse Big indoor farms are attracting big investments. But transforming agriculture might depend on putting nanofarms everywhere — maybe even in your home. by Corby Kummer Dec 6 This was...
  30. ramonmercado

Volcanos / Volcanoes

Makes a change from cats and dogs sensing them in advance. Artificial intelligence helps predict volcanic eruptions By Paul VoosenDec. 11, 2018 , 4:00 PM Satellites are providing torrents of data about the world’s active volcanoes, but researchers have struggled to turn them into a global...
  31. ramonmercado

The F Scale

He wouldn't have stood out in Cromer.
  32. ramonmercado

Proposal: New Religion Based On Selflessness

I am the Pastor of The First Church of Richard Dawkins The Conciliator. Join my congregation instead.
  33. ramonmercado

Strange Crimes

If no one witnessed an act of criminal damage and there is no cctv footage then it may be literally impossible to investigate the crime in any meaningful way. Try telling that to journalists.
  34. ramonmercado

Strange Crimes

The crime was mundane, the police reaction was mondo. A woman has been charged with theft in Taiwan for stealing a yoghurt drink from her roommate after being identified by a DNA test, it's reported. According to the broadcaster TVBS, the unnamed suspect in Taipei was sharing a student house...
  35. ramonmercado

Newly Discovered: Animal Fossils

The sea urchin had an interesting history. An amateur paleontologist has discovered a rare 66-million-year-old sea urchin on a beach in Denmark. Peter Bennicke stumbled across the ancient creature while on a fossil hunt at white cliffs of Stevns Klint on the Island of Møn, a UNESCO World...
  36. ramonmercado

The F Scale

Your Overall F Score is: 2.53 You are a liberal airhead.
  37. ramonmercado

I reckon I usually hold papers/books about 1 foot away from my eyes!
  38. ramonmercado

Day Of The Animals

A faithful friend. Vid at link. A dog’s devotion to his home is making national headlines after his owner found him guarding the property weeks after the residence and the surrounding area was burned to the ground by Northern California’s Camp Fire. Now-viral video shows Madison, an Anatolian...
  39. ramonmercado

Conspiracy In The U.S. Election & Trump's Presidency

Even at Fox News the bell tolls for Trump. Fox News contributor Andrew McCarthy has bad news for President Donald Trump: Get ready to be indicted for violating federal campaign finance laws. McCarthy, a former federal prosecutor, said on “Fox & Friends” Sunday that attorneys with the Southern...
  40. ramonmercado

The Pyramids Of Giza

Colavito's book is coming in 2020. I am pleased to announce that I have received a commission from Red Lightning Books and Indiana University Press for a new book, tentatively titled Legends of the Pyramids, which will explore the mythical history of Giza pyramids, from Joseph’s granaries to...
  41. ramonmercado

Conspiracy In The U.S. Election & Trump's Presidency

There are good people in the US fighting back, I have hope for it yet. I don't think we have to fear Russian or Chinese military domination, Putin has his eyes on creating buffer zones between Russia and the rest of Europe, China is hardly going to launch a military invasion from the other side...
  42. ramonmercado

But I don't want to hire a reader to call it out to me, I'd prefer to do it myself. Ok, I have "readers" but I really need glasses for distance viewing as well.
  43. ramonmercado

Drake's Cannon Ball

I'm only a few miles from Drake's Pool According to local folklore, when explorer Sir Francis Drake was second-in-command of the English fleet facing the Spanish Armada, he sailed up Owenboy river to Drake's Pool, a river anchorage outside Crosshaven, to hide his vessel from the enemy. Drake's...
  44. ramonmercado

Forgotten History

Just get a pack of JRTs to deal with them.
  45. ramonmercado

I lost my glasses a couple of weeks ago. Never used them much but I do need new ones for reading smaller print. Specsavers here I come.
  46. ramonmercado

The R.I.P. Thread

From Alan's Death Notice: May He Riot In Peace. Here is an appreciation of Alan: Alan MacSimoin (1957-2018) – Dublin Historian and Political Activist https://comeheretome.com/2018/12/05/alan-macsimoin-1957-2018-dublin-historian-and-political-activist/
  47. ramonmercado

Voyager Is 30!

Bye Rynner!
  48. ramonmercado

Serial Killers

An ice cold killer. A Siberian policeman described as Russia's most prolific mass murderer in modern times has been given a second life sentence. Mikhail Popkov, 53, murdered 55 women and a policeman near Irkutsk between 1992 and 2007. He was already in jail for 22 other murders. He killed the...
  49. ramonmercado

Popular Songs That They Couldn't Write Now

And on The Fairytale Of New York controversy, a veteran Gay DJ weighs in: Tonie Walsh‏ @tonie_walsh Curious to know how much trouble I could find myself in if I recreated this club teaser I did 30 yrs ago. #flikkers #language #descriptors