Search results

1. altered_boy

Alchemy, Hermeticism & Forteanism

I'd be happy to! But for now I'll have to sleep. For now I will say that I have a trusted network of adept friends, usually older than me and not associated with each other, who have pointed me in the right directions at times. but i am not associated with any organizations and never have been...
  2. altered_boy

Much appreciated, skinny. I'm just happy to contribute to thorough conversation with like-minds. I can definitely say that I am no master but I am an ardent student of Hermeticism. the altered_boy name is an old pun of mine, a play on "altered states" and "alter boy" that i thought was very...
  3. altered_boy

Lol to Skinwalker Ranch. i don't know what all think of that but it sure is fascinating and horrific. You didn't really miss anything, it's just more of an inference on my part. Even if Jaynes isn't entirely correct (not saying he is for that matter, idk), I think the evidence suggests at...
  4. altered_boy

Glad you found interest! Peterson and Blackmore had this discussion on a Christian talk show of all places… lol. Great conversation though, even the host was fairly cogent. BTW sorry for the sprawled-out answers, I’m answering in between working lol. I'll comment on this a bit more, because I...
  5. altered_boy

Quote from Dr Susan Blackmore's paper "Evidence for a Memetic Drive?" "Once human ancestors could imitate, memes appeared and began competing to be copied, their success depending on the type of meme and the preferences and abilities of the people doing the copying. Given that at least some of...
  6. altered_boy

If you are interested. Here's a recent discussion between Susan Blackmore and Jordan Peterson discussing the differences and compatibility of memes with archetypes. They started chatting about it at 11:00. And the only thing that is really meant to be implied by a meme being a "virus" is that it...
  7. altered_boy

Edgar Cayce was a probably a short of charlatan. Blavatasky is kinda interesting though. I just use the term Akashic records to be archetypall descriptive. Dawkins could spit out a lot more than blood for all i care, haha. And I have to be persistent here and say that I have done quite a bit of...
  8. altered_boy

Phantoms Of The Psyche: Esoterica & Forteana

Lol. Okay, I see what you mean now. I always saw his writing style as a tongue-in-cheek embodiment of the pulp-fiction era he lived in. But even if its tongue-in-cheek, it's still melodramatic so I can't disagree with that.
  9. altered_boy

i think perhaps you are misunderstanding the biological nature of the archetype. as far as I see it, you just described the exact same thing as I, but in a different way. and I'm not saying that shadow ppl are literal demons. All I'm saying is, let's not disregard the recurring motifs found...
  10. altered_boy

case in point: “The most fearsome monsters of all may inhabit the dark corners of our mind waiting for us to release them through our beliefs and gullibility. The phenomenon feeds on fear and belief. Sometimes it destroys us altogether, other times it leads us upwards into the labyrinth of...
  11. altered_boy

i think these concepts represent interesting points of data when considering hypnosis and neurophenomenology. i am not convinced that transpersonal states of consciousness cannot also become transphysical, meaning that a priori knowledge plays a role in Fortean phenomena. but I am NOT saying...
  12. altered_boy

Chapter Six: Songs of the Soul & Syren [Dive Sickness]...

Chapter Six: Songs of the Soul & Syren [Dive Sickness] http://www.thelastamericanvagabond.com/anthony-tyler/dive-manual/songs-soul-syren-dive-sickness/
  13. altered_boy

Hello everyone, here is my sixth chapter in the book I am releasing via The Last American Vagabond. this chapter continues the comparisons between Esoterica and Forteana. it investigates the debate of Free Will vs Determinism, which leads into questions of the Subjective and Objective, and...
  14. altered_boy

BTW AlcoPwn, here's that skinwalker documentary I mentioned, in case you are interested. https://forums.forteana.org/index.php?threads/jc-johnsons-unlisted-youtube-doc-on-skinwalkers.65111/
  15. altered_boy

JC Johnson's Unlisted YouTube Doc On SKINWALKERS

For those of you who don't know, JC Johnson was a fairly prominent and independent Fortean investigator. He was a former exorcist, and became known for investigating cryptozoology, especially the lore and sightings of the skinwalker on the Navajo Nation territory. He died earlier this year at...
  16. altered_boy

Finding Religion

Your casual dismissal of an esoteric scholar is a bit disheartening. These are basically throw-away insults rather than critiques of the research. i would not be so confident as you are until i had given the material proper analysis. But i understand that your statement is a bit tongue-in-cheek...
  17. altered_boy

Finding Religion

I'll have to save any depth in my reply for later but I just wanted to add that Jordan Peterson is a beast, i like that guy a lot. I only found him recently with the rising hype, so he didn't influence any of my initial ideas or research but I have found his articulation of archetypes and...
  18. altered_boy

Finding Religion

Fascinating little roundabout of conversation going on here :cheer: For whatever it's worth, I'd say that understanding and separating the difference between fact and belief is a quintessential part of the human experience. it's a constant tightrope and that should be both celebrated and...
  19. altered_boy

UFOs Around Anchorage (Alaska)

Also, the first three sightings were in the winter of 2015. Sighting 4 was winter of 2016, and Sighting 5 was this fall. keep it mind it is usually winter in Alaska, lol. Furthermore, I wanted to add to the record that my friends and I dabbled with mushrooms a bit but i haven't taken them in...
  20. altered_boy

You and Coal are absolutely right! I almost feel like i should apologize for not having any footage yet. The most recent sighting, my friend driving was a little creeped out and just wanted to get outta there, and the thing is i only have a fuckin burner flip phone haha. I've used smart phones...
  21. altered_boy

I could say a lot, so I'll keep this as short as I can. I live here in Alaska, just outside of Anchorage and more importantly, just outside of the Fort Richardson air force base. https://www.jber.jb.mil/ I've seen UFOs in the sky around here for the last three years or so, and I hear of course...
  22. altered_boy

Current Fortean Publications?

awesome, i will certainly check em out. thanks for the tip!
  23. altered_boy

Current Fortean Publications?

Hi, I'll keep this as short as possible. Short version: what types of Fortean paperback publications are still around and accepting submissions? I'm an author looking for a Print On Demand deal, i don't really care to be in bookstores. Does anyone remember Illuminet Press? Whatever happened to...
  24. altered_boy

Welcome To The New Board: Technical Problems & Known Issues

a genuine thank-you to all of you that kept this forum up and running. this place is too unique to lose. cheers!
  25. altered_boy

much thanks to all the folks that kept this forum up and running after the site change. This is...

much thanks to all the folks that kept this forum up and running after the site change. This is an important place for the modern fortean. cheers!
  26. altered_boy

lol, i firstly would agree with the sentiment that lavishness is not what it is cracked up to be. as for getting high nowadays, i am only really able to smoke when I write. otherwise, that clarity of mind you speak of is totally lost. once you are sober for long enough you see all clarity that...
  27. altered_boy

Wow! You gave me a great, lengthy laugh this time. I totally earned that Tolstoy comment, lmao. I got the feeling that you ACTUALLY wanted to hear my answers, so I figured I would just write until i felt the points were made thoroughly. to be 100% honest, i found myself midway through writing...
  28. altered_boy

Divination Arts & Interpreting Forteana

hello everybody! this will be the last chapter that I post for a month or two. It is not my intention to spam this forum in anyway, but I really am interested in spreading this information to those who may be interested. This chapter is about the divination arts, discussing the...
  29. altered_boy

NOW with all that in mind, allow me to tackle Point Pleasant as concisely as possible. Keel was focused on reporting the phenomena more so than he ever was focused on explaining it or interpreting it. although he did philosophize about it and consider scientific data. but he was so personally...
  30. altered_boy

Alright, let's see about these quote bars, haha. Answering this will actually help illustrate my points with Jungian analysis and Forteanism. I'll have to explain a couple different angles and bring them together here. Just remember, you asked! Lol. I have seen some of the circles of Hell...
  31. altered_boy

Hey, thanks for the response and friendly words! Firstly, what a great name, AlchoPwn. And I haven't figured out how to do the quote boxes yet, forgive me, lol. Would you care to tell me a bit about your alchemical experiments? I would say I am somewhere in between the two types of alchemists...
  32. altered_boy

Self-Initiation & Forteana

hey everybody, I made a post recently about the novel I am releasing for free, chapter by chapter. It is called DIVE MANUAL: A PROSE OF ALCHEMY & ANALYTIC PSYCHOLOGY. I believe in free information, but I'm also working with an agent and looking into independent publishers for Print-On-Demand...
  33. altered_boy

Hey everybody, open-ended question/premise. What do you all on this forum think about alchemy? Throughout the years, my interest in Forteanism eventually led me right into the esoteric and eventually into the self-empowerment techniques of alchemy. Scholars like Manly P Hall, 33rd degree...
  34. altered_boy

The New Members' Thread

Oh and the next chapter of the book I am releasing will be directly dealing with some Fortean concepts, discussion of Keel and Fort, and I will even go into my UFO sightings a little bit.
  35. altered_boy

The New Members' Thread

Thanks everyone for the pleasant welcoming. To Saucerian, I read Jung's work on UFO's many years ago, and later i found a lecture given by Manly Palmer Hall (33rd degree Mason and a colleague of Jung) that expanded on Jung's theories, postulating them as basically psychological phenomena that I...
  36. altered_boy

Research Novel On Esoterica / Psychology / Forteanism

Well thanks a lot for your consideration, skinny! I have written this book without holding any punches and have been very meticulous, so I welcome any critiques. I made a post in the Newbie's thread, thanks for the suggestion. And thanks for the taking the time to read some of the prologue! I...
  37. altered_boy

The New Members' Thread

Hey everybody, my name is Anthony. I don't mind sharing my name since I am a journalist and researcher, and I helped develop the website The Last American Vagabond. It is mainly independent, non-partisan news, but I have always researched Forteanism, esotericism, comparative religion, and...
  38. altered_boy

Research Novel On Esoterica / Psychology / Forteanism

Hi there, My name is Anthony Tyler. I am a journalist and researcher, I helped develop the website The Last American Vagabond. It is mainly independent, non-partisan news, but I have always researched esotericism, comparative religion, and psychology, et cetera, on top of this. Lately, I don't...