Search results

1. K

North Korea

Not to mention all the counterfeit money they churn out and dump in the West.
  2. K

A Nazi Little Christmas

He probably paddles around in an inflatable U-Boat.
  3. K

Xtreme Xmas

Definitin: emergently(noun) A typo!
  4. K

Lost & Found

The University of Texas at Austin has lost 100+ preserved human brains, and god luck getting them back. The brains included that of mass murderer Charles Whitman(Texas Tower sniper) It seems the brains were abstracted sometime in the past 30 years. Or maybe, misplaced? Hmmmmm, you...
  5. K

A Nazi Little Christmas

Note if you will that the Nazi swastika rotates t the left. The Swastika is a sun-wheel. Hitler chose it, perhaps because it would be easy to chalk or paint on walls. He also chose the red,white and black color scheme. The Nazis used so many swastikas in insignias that they used up...
  6. K

Oh, The Irony

Not so funny-I spent 30 years in Law Enforcement and I can tell you that police bosses love to work officers for free. It took a ruling by the US Supreme Court to get sworn officers paid for overtime! There were times when I worked a half day for free every day for months. Then our lunch...
  7. K

A Nazi Little Christmas

Makes me wonder what he did with the kangeroo after it was tied down...
  8. K

North Korea

Near the end of that film, the monster is lying in a river, bleeding from the rectum. (Yongarry is an actual Korean folk legend, btw.)
  9. K

A Nazi Little Christmas

We dare not forget those times. The squareheads had a board game called ''Juden Raus!'', a sort of chase game, like ''Snakes and Ladders'' I'm sure those ornaments hung over many copies of that one. I wonder what the toy trains were like?(shudder). No, never forget.
  10. K

Day Of The Animals

In re: cats on roofs There is a Brazilian proverb/story....A man goes away on a business trip, he leaves his cat with a neighbor. A week later, he gets a message, "Your cat is dead." The man is angry, he says, "You should have told me 'your cat is up on the roof', then, "Your cat won't...
  11. K

Xtreme Xmas

"The cook was Dutch, and behaved as such and all he would give the crew-ooo Was a number of tons of hot cross buns Served up with sugar and glue!"
  12. K

Comets

The Singing Comet Yahoo news reports that there are strange clicking signals coming from the Rosetta comet. A lot of perfectly natural things emit radio waves-and this report comes from some rag called 'The Examiner' so I'm not buying-not yet. Some photos have been hyped as showing an...
  13. K

Xtreme Xmas

Thank'ee kindly, friends! We have the same things, but they are a New Year's thing, here. Baltimore has a serious case of Anglophilia-strange in a very Irish town, where the Royal Navy expended quite a bit of ordinance trying to destroy the place. They said it was a nest of pirates, and...
  14. K

Xtreme Xmas

A question for you Brits. I was in a local store(Tuesday Morning, a chain that sells upper end distressed goods) And there I saw a large box of 'Christmas crackers) I remember reading of these in the old detective yarns I enjoy-but what the heck are they, and how do they fit in with the...
  15. K

Very Odd Words/Symbols

Ah, Bazooka Joe fans, know that I grew up in walking distance of Yoe, PA, Bazooka Joe's headquarters. It's a shitten little place, actually absorbed by Dallastown, in all but name. I can only think of a few more wretched places.
  16. K

Cannibalism: Disturbing, Gory—Strangely Common

Cannibal hijinks! Yahoo news brings word from Wales of an act of cannibalism stopped by the police-with a fatal Taser strike. Holy Crow!, what next? (signed) Gobsmacked in Baltimore!
  17. K

Oh, The Irony

Maybe that's why Yahoo Mail has been so cranky today?
  18. K

School Shootings

From Moncton MD comes word of a massacre aborted because the shooter was too drunk to carry out his plan. The kid, a real train wreck by the looks of it , complained of years of bullying. He said he had reported this to the teachers, but nothing had been done. I believe him. When will...
  19. K

Meteors & Meteoric Fireballs (Observed Aloft)

It wasn't Mothra? Damn-blast it! Been a lot of these things lately. Perhaps the lidless eyes of the surveillance cameras are catching sight of them, and the frequency is unchanged. Or, we could be due for a big ol' honker,ker-smack and some bad damage. Impacts by land, sea or air can...
  20. K

Bizarre Beheadings

Today on Yahoo news, it is reported that trash haulers found two human skulls in a house they were clearing. The house was the home of a deceased occultist-the haulers thought the skulls were plastic Halloween props. It was discovered to be otherwise. It is to be noted that human skulls...
  21. K

Oh, The Irony

Yahoo news reports today that an angry crowd in the Congo killed, burned and ate a man. He was suspected of being an Islamic militant fighter. What next?
  22. K

Zombie Watch

I have indeed followed 'The Strain'. Zombie and vampire traditions blended-the earliest vampire stories portrayed the 'revenants' as shambling goons, this version returns to the root. If it were not so well acted and written it would be pretty small beer, but it is indeed well done and...
  23. K

North Korea

North Korea's monster is Yongarry-better than Reptilicus, but still pretty tacky. In one scene, the dead monster is lying in the river, bleeding from the rectum. I couldn't make this up!
  24. K

A Paradoxical Wonder Machine

That thing has been around since the 1960's(as I recall, certainly since the 70's). Imagine the tacky novelties of the next century! Me? I'm for the Drinking Bird-I note that a new and more expensive version is on the market. We will probably NEVER learn!
  25. K

Shortwave Number Stations

The Conrad is wonderfully paranoid and claustrophobic. As spying fades, done in by electronic intelligence and the difficulty of infiltrating the terrorist world-terrrorists are important targets today,of course, being about as important as many nation-states,and, unimpeded by laws, their...
  26. K

USO in Sweden

These may be dark waters indeed! Jiggery-pokery? Raw-ther! There's a stunning array of suspects, here. I forgot the complicated nature of Nordic politics(seems the Salander books' having been written by a reporter, may have been telling a deeper story?). Anybody remember Olaf Palme...
  27. K

Djinn Is Lover's Ruin

A Muslim is required to believe in the djinni. The djinni are fire spirits, distinct from angels and humans. In some traditions, they are none to fond of humans, yet they remain obedient to God. Religion is very odd. We are about to get an influx of Yesidi-widely accused of being...
  28. K

Day Of The Animals

This is un-bear-able! (a dirty job, but someone had to do it.)
  29. K

USO in Sweden

As I recall, this has happened before. Russkies. Reckless and boneheaded, they have come close to causing another big war more than once-and they're up to their old monkeyshines again. One of their subs, no doubt, sent on some harebrained recon mission, or to annoy the Swedes. Let them...
  30. K

Shortwave Number Stations

You didn't know that? Quel naif! The cover stories and covert ops of so many years have left a world devoid of trust(a good thing, I ween) and great potfuls of paranoia, very useful for hiding the truth. I greatly enjoyed William Gibson's "Spook Country" and Tim Powers' "Declare", each one...
  31. K

Flying Man Buzzes Aircraft (Macclesfield / Manchester; 2014)

Do note the footage(shown in the link)of human shaped flying machines, being flown for pleasure in NYC? Flying machines sometimes get loose-I remember, years ago, an elaborate kite shaped like a red Fokker Triplane broke it's string in downtown Baltimore, and flew for hours-the police...
  32. K

Land Shark!

Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof. The Blue Shark does not skulk, it's a very efficient predator-and one of the most numerous large animals on earth. Not known to be a maneater, though what happens at sea, stays at sea.
  33. K

Flying Man Buzzes Aircraft (Macclesfield / Manchester; 2014)

Might have been a dummy-but where did it come from? This could turn out to be as mysterious as Spring Heeled Jack, and if it happens again, well, this is how legends begin. I'm assuming there is a wingsuit invlved?
  34. K

Actually, I knew most of that, but you have a way of condensing facts into very comprehensible article. Your standard of journalism is commendable. Still, it seems that there is a lot of meteor activity of late, perhaps we are crossing one of those debris streams. I remember reading a...
  35. K

I recall NASA saying that there was a 'fireball season' in the early spring, several years back. Could Earth be passing through a debris field? I love the sight of shooting stars, though I can't claim to be an amatur astronomer, more of an enthusiastic observer. Since my dog likes to...
  36. K

What Is Consciousness?

Ever notice, the more we learn about a subject, the crazier it gets?\ String theory, quantum entanglements, the Higgs Boson...it keeps getting more and more uncertain. I'm in favor of having string theory classified as Necromancy and a law making all theories made up after 1965 tantamount to...
  37. K

Day Of The Animals

The Spanish have killed that poor dog.\ Imagine how puzzled and betrayed the dog felt? Imagine how sad the poor woman will be-if she lives. There are dog haters in our world-often when I walk my dog I get grief from people who think that a person with a dog is ripe to be bullied-in my...
  38. K

What Is Consciousness?

The Universe is not only stranger than we imagine, it's stranger than we CAN imagine! I think the Universe will end when we understand the mind of God. As that is a way off, no doubt the Universe will continue. Mock if you will-once I was smug and an athist, then I began to see the Hand...
  39. K

Day Of The Animals

Limbaugh is indeed a squirrel. And a dog can indeed answer questions-such as if the dog can be a carrier or vector. Africa is full of stray and feral dogs, if they can spread Ebola, then they must be put down, sad as it is. If they cannot, then let them be, and see if there is an...
  40. K

Day Of The Animals

The proper thing to do is to observe the dog, and see what happens. Dogs don't get sick from Ebola, now we should see if they can be vectors. A dead dog will tell us nothing, a live one can answer questions. Epidemics bring out the worst in humanity-I've made a casual study of such...
  41. K

Day Of The Animals

Department of Hysterical Cruelty: Spanish officials have obtained a court order to kill the dog of a nurse who contracted Ebola. Despite a total lack of any evidence that dogs can transit the Ebola virus, the usual pattern of half-baked ignorance by public officials continues...
  42. K

Lightning Strikes

They were invoking Nyerlathotep. Maybe he was feeling cranky?
  43. K

Pointless Endeavours

Were these English walnuts, or black walnuts? The English walnut has a seam around the shell, it cracks fairly easily. The black walnut is messy(yielding a black goo that stains like fury-Athelstane King, in King of the Khyber Rifles uses walnut juice to darken his skin and pose as a...
  44. K

Pluto Downgraded?

Pluto Strikes Back! The little wanderer seems to be gaining ground is the struggle to be a planet again. Now, Tyson's points are valid, and some of the reasoning sound. Pluto is a very odd object, with an eccentric orbit(it often is actually inside the orbit of Neptune) and a very, very...
  45. K

School Shootings

Not at all. It starts small. Hysteria begins with a few slanted news stories, a few speeches, then the Big Lies, and Joe Public is lusting for blood. The progression is the same, isolate, demonize, destroy. I lived through McCarthy. That lying drunk had America in the palm of his...
  46. K

School Shootings

Ah, shoe-horned is it? A man shoots himself in a school parking lot at 2 am, and this is massacre? That's dishonesty. And as to the Third Reich, they began by slandering the Jews, and using collective blame-I remember a fascist rag called ''The Thunderbolt'' that ran a feature called...
  47. K

School Shootings

Some evidence seems to indicate that much of the foo-faraw around school shootings on the rise is the usual leftie dishonesty. For example, a suicide on school property is being toted up as a school shooting. That is dishonest-several incidents that were added to the figures happened at...
  48. K

Horrible Handicrafts.

I just thought about them a few days ago!
  49. K

Horrible Handicrafts.

Oh, yes, as to the toothlessness of skulls, the teeth will fall out naturally when deprived of the gums. Just in the interest of accuracy, mind you!