Search results

1. gattino

Things That Make You Go... WTF?

2. gattino

The chinese shopping app/site Wish is a never ending source of amusement with its utterly insane and inexplicable products. There's never a description in this form, just the 5 starred cornucopia of bewilderment. Todays addition to my news feed. Here kinky, kinky, kinky....
  3. gattino

Identifying Some 1970s Supernatural TV Dramas (UK)

A development! Still don't know what the tv drama was, but ive just stumbled on an account of an apparently famous incident of which my description must surely have been a dramatised re-enactment! For the story of the purported teleportation of Mrs Elizabeth Guppy skip ahead on this youtube...
  4. gattino

Flashback?
  5. gattino

Hmm..ive done a reverse image search, and the uncropped item does appear multiple times , the earliest dated version being december 2014. It does appear to be a genuine solid item. Though where it came from and whether it was ever sold is a different matter. https://i.redd.it/77fqryknknf31.jpg
  6. gattino

They'd say its nothing to sniff at but the bottom's fallen out of the market lately.
  7. gattino

The Royal Doulton comment was a joke. As for its bona fides ..im suspicious that the bottom (pardon the pun) of the item is cropped out, plus the dog looks a bit of a dodgy design, almost like a plasticine sheep. It could of course have been made as a one off joke by someone who knows how.
  8. gattino

I'm assuming this was not commercially available from Royal Doulton. Either its ssomething from Viz or someone has comically reconfigured/painted a more innocent figurine. I say assume. I mean pray.
  9. gattino

Are You SUPERFLUOUS?

The old song "But not for me" has the line "With love to lead the way I've found more skies of grey Than any Russian play could guarantee"
  10. gattino

Humour & Jokes

Ingenious....
  11. gattino

Minor Strangeness

Don't know whether this belongs here or as part of one of my many long running threads. Earlier I was standing in the doorway between the kitchen and living room, my back to the former, talking to a guest in the latter...and the spookiest thing. I felt the neck of my t-shirt being tugged from...
  12. gattino

Does Anyone Here Have Psychic Abilities?

Here's Welles interview. It's certainly interesting, and a worthwhile observation he's making. But its worth pointing out that he's merely surmising what "must have" happened to explain away his own apparent display/s of uncanny knowledge.
  13. gattino

But..they do. I mean if you accept the idea of communication through mediums etc then those questions have, purportedly, been asked and answered a million times. Well certainly the fact they're communicating in and of itself is hte answer to the first question! If they're really doing so tehn...
  14. gattino

Why would it? I mean there's an assumption there that leaving your body, entering some afterlife realm of existence, would give you godlike omniscience. It's not obvious why it would. You could certainly expect to know more than you currently do - specifically that there is an afterlife, and...
  15. gattino

I think that everyone has "psychic" experiences, but the word on its own tends to imply abilities or powers...thats to say the displays are exceptional, can be conjured up at will, and are under some kind of control. Whether anyone falls into that latter category is something i'm constantly...
  16. gattino

Minor Strangeness

my computer, not hilbre island
  17. gattino

Minor Strangeness

I hope not. It's where i keep the launch codes.
  18. gattino

Minor Strangeness

One for the conspiracy section. Should it feed one's paranoia that when i refreshed the Airbnb page on my web browser the tab turned to Russian ( i assume)? It returned to normal when i refreshed it again.
  19. gattino

Ouija Experience

Even from early childhood i was aware that even those adults dismissive of superstition, mumbo jumbo and irrational claims nontheless made an exception for the dangers of using the ouija board. The idea it would do harm or drive you nuts or whatever was at least implied, if not unspecified dark...
  20. gattino

More Tales From My Guests

A most peculiar little incident last night. Though not from my perspective. Which is what makes it interesting. Guest. Ethiopian-American girl. Petite, black, with an entertainingly large poodle-like mane of blond curls. You'd pick her out in a football crowd. She went out yesterday morning...
  21. gattino

People Who Foresee Their Own Death

Schrodinger's likes of earlier posts have reawakened this thread from its slumber and reading my own words back im struck that they must predate an experience in my own family. A couple of years before my brother's death (i don't know exactly when but two years would put it close in time to my...
  22. gattino

Nowadays What Are Libraries For?

Liverpool Central Library is a glorious place just to wander in and look at. I don't use them myself but i would imagine their purpose remains what it ever was. In non fiction the information gleaned online is generally stuff taken from books...the books themselves, the original and complete...
  23. gattino

My First Sensory Deprivation Experience

Generally speaking and i believe in london you can expect to pay around £50 a go, but - typically - proportionally less the more you book as a package. The one in Manchester is, one online article suggested, the cheapest they could find. It was £35 for a single session but £55 if you book one...
  24. gattino

Of the many youtube videos ive found this is probably one of the clearest, most honest ones (as in not making extravagant claims or being technical..just showing you and giving an honest summary). Only thing id say is she says it felt like 2 hours...subsequently i was expecting to have a skewed...
  25. gattino

1 hour. plus ten minutes either side for showering etc.
  26. gattino

I'll save you a long read ...nothing spooky happened. Still, as part of my occasional series of "try it for myself" reports on fortean linked activities, yesterday I went with a friend to a flotation centre, to experience floating in a sensory deprivation tank (pod, but tank sounds bigger and...
  27. gattino

The Ouija Board

That's the plan
  28. gattino

The Ouija Board

29. gattino

The Ouija Board

I guess what ive described there is so called hypnagogic/pompic hallucinations. As an aside and a teaser this week i'll be going to a flotation centre to try sensory deprivation. Having heard various claims of the effects on the mental landscape that it may have, im curious to see what comes...
  30. gattino

The Ouija Board

Well you've just described the plot of your next book... It's interesting. A lot of people on here have noted the fact that sometimes dream plots appear to have been scripted by someone other than ourselves..whether in imagination, plot detail or the use of memorable words and phrases unknown...
  31. gattino

Near-Death & Out of Body Experiences

I'm not sure why they call it a "chilling" message.
  32. gattino

Bob Lazar: Conclusions?

As i understand it the evidence they claim undermine the denials of his academic and professional history are his appearance in a phone directory of the los alamos research base (rejected by debunkers on the basis it doesn't say he was a scientist there) and a newspaper article at the time...
  33. gattino

Along with the nose touching that was the single area of the documentary and interview where my perception of him as reporting things sincerely and honestly hit a barrier. The documentary maker asks him about his apparent previous claim to have taken some of element 115. And its the single...
  34. gattino

Or just the kind of things someone would drift into if they had been publically pilloried and their academic history erased? :P
  35. gattino

One interesting aside to his re-emergence in the spotlight is the usual wiki-wars. The description of him on Wikipedia has changed 3 times in the last 24 hours that ive noticed. It initially referred to him as a buisnessman and "ufo hoaxer". Later it became "alleged hoaxer". Now, at time of...
  36. gattino

Apart from a few passing references to the name i didn't know anything about Bob Lazar until today. Apart from the netflix documentary here is an in depth interview with Joe Rogan posted today. What struck me throughout is that i found him personally totally convincing and sincere seeming...
  37. gattino

The Three Knocks

I'm 51 but i look..well..i look the other way. Plus 36 is much easier to pronounce.
  38. gattino

So the aforementioned Tom is here and I got him to repeat the fortean experiences i vaguely remembered him telling me last time. 1) His grandmother's death bed. He and his mother are on either side of the dying lady. He wakes from a slight doze , turns and sees, standing at the foot of the bed...
  39. gattino

The Fortean Video Archive

Here is an original..actually THE original...Bridey Murphy regression tape. The book about these sessions in the 1950s introduced the concept of past life hypnotic regression to the general public and became a cause celebre at the time, spawning the industry that sill exists.
  40. gattino

Ok, now its looking a bit more spooky. When the american was here in October his initial stay coincided with another unrelated guest, Tom, who was stopping over on his way between Scotland and Wales. There was conversation and interaction between them and the older man was very impressed by...
  41. gattino

LOA (The Law of Attraction)

Again there's a substitution of "attracting" for "noticing". Your worrying is unlikely to cause negative things, but rather to make you more sensitive to notice and dwelling on the negatives that do come along. I've a friend who goes through bouts of black depression in which the world, life...
  42. gattino

LOA (The Law of Attraction)

It seems to me that it takes a possibly genuine effect - things you think about coming into your orbit - and insinuates, if only through a lack of clarification, that it is of a magical rather than psychological nature. It's often the case that any subject on which you dwell will seem to start...
  43. gattino

Not a tale from, but rather of a former guest. This could fit into a million other threads, half of them started by me, but given the guest connection i'll just stick it here. Some may vaguely remember last year I had a young American man staying for a few days who had a very dominant...
  44. gattino

Am I Going A Bit Strange?

Was the control in your hand or next to your hip? The simplest explanation is that you accidentally pressed mute again without realising you'd done so.
  45. gattino

Free Will Vs Destiny?

You were bound to say that
  46. gattino

Minor Strangeness

No, but it's not inevitable either. Otherwise all the Alecs , Alexanders , Alistairs etc that should come between them would be a little miffed
  47. gattino

Minor Strangeness

What do your mean and what? He's going to scatter his father's ashes and in the course of the journey sees a display by chance arranged to form his full name , and declaring him an awesome dad. A pleasing and striking synchronicity in the eyes of the bereaved. Does that not qualify for the...
  48. gattino

Minor Strangeness

Adrian Andrew. The awesome dad one pointing to it adds to the impact.
  49. gattino

Minor Strangeness

Chap on my Facebook just posted this. I think you can work out what his dad's first and last names were
  50. gattino

Free Will Vs Destiny?

That's reminded me of the confusing mixed messages to be taken from near death and deathbed experiences. One of the most common elements of NDE's is the person being told "you have to go back. It's not your time yet"...which, if taken at face value, would suggest they have indeed got a set...