Search results

1. gattino

My First Sensory Deprivation Experience

I'll save you a long read ...nothing spooky happened. Still, as part of my occasional series of "try it for myself" reports on fortean linked activities, yesterday I went with a friend to a flotation centre, to experience floating in a sensory deprivation tank (pod, but tank sounds bigger and...
  2. gattino

The Truth Bus. Oversharing Strangers

So last night around 10:30 i was on the bus back from the theatre, being the sophisticated young man about town that I am. As usual i bag the foremost seat, by the door and just behind/to the left of the driver. And a fella in dark shades and a baseball cap rings the bell and comes forward...
  3. gattino

Case of Xenoglossy: Coma Victim Wakes Speaking French

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2019/may/31/experience-i-woke-from-coma-speaking-french "When I started coming round I was moved to my local hospital. The strangest thing was that the first words I spoke were French. A friend asked the nurses whether he should speak to me in French...
  4. gattino

Self-Aware Cat?

One could speculate/suggest that this kitty's paw movements are coincidental to looking at itself...but on the face of it it at least appears to not only be passing the "mirror test" (not something generally observed in felines) but doing so through reasoning and experimentation. Shades of...
  5. gattino

London Bridge Attack 'Premonition'

Quotes from news article: 'The fiancee of the first victim of the London Bridge attack in 2017 has told an inquest she had "premonitions about terror attacks" the day he died. ' .......................................................... 'Ms Delcros said Mr Thomas, 45, had arranged for them to...
  6. gattino

Apparently....

'Belief in political correctness' gone mad..
  7. gattino

Believe It Or Not. What Have You Changed Your Mind About?

If anything. I'm talking the broadly Fortean stuff, none of your politics here. Is there anything you were previously convinced of the reality of , but that reading or experience - or lack of it - has pulled you away from? Or is there anything you previously - and genuinely, not just saying...
  8. gattino

Victorian Lady In The 1970s

1977 interview with a 108 year old woman describing life in the previous century.
  9. gattino

Game Of The Name

Devastated to hear Tori Preckwinkle is trailing behind Lori Lightfoot. I'm also pretty sure both of them dated Superman in the 1940s. To justify making a whole thread of this, other modern examples of delightfully Dickensian names etc are welcome.
  10. gattino

Identifying Some 1970s Supernatural TV Dramas (UK)

So in recent weeks ive been enjoying tracking down on a variety of streaming and video hosting apps shows and movies of which i have some degree of childhood memory (I was born in 1968 so my pre-teens went up until 1980). I've mentioned a few of them on here, movies like The Medusa Touch and...
  11. gattino

More Tales From My Guests

As frequently referenced i pay my bills and stave off the bailiffs by being a full time Airbnb host, and so over the last almost 2 years many many strangers have passed through my doors, and most make conversation. In the past ive noted here what i termed a collective conspiracy of silence...
  12. gattino

Weather Forecasts

As the forecast prior to any holiday of mine changes from one website to another, and always predicts rain on one day which changes to sun the next day that i look, I often just search around for the website that gives me the forecast i want to believe. Still a trip next week now has...
  13. gattino

The Luck Of The Devil

I'm mentioned my extraordinary - though i hesitate to tempt fate or rely on it happening - equilibrium between unexpected expenses and unexpected windfalls several times on here. It happens so often its hard to credit it to coincidence. Well a variant of it has happened again, so a quick...
  14. gattino

Nothing In The Dark (TZ)

The perfect title for this thread has been taken - "Growing Old. Death Approaches." - but this episode of the original Twlight Zone is worth promoting to anyone who hasn't seen it (or not for a long while). It's chiefly remembered for starring a pre-movie star Robert Redford, but is a really...
  15. gattino

Help Needed To Solve WW2 Jewish Medal Mystery

A friend has just posted the following photo on Facebook, which he says is his grandfather in his world war 2 uniform in what appears to be a Star of David. He adds that his grandfather wasn't jewish. He was however stationed in Germany in the war. He wants to know if anyone can identify what...
  16. gattino

Positive Vibes: Is There Such A Thing As An Anti-Jinx?

Following on from a point I made in a thread about Telekinesis...Is it a known/believed thing that some people can have strange POSITIVE effects on those in their vicinity? Whether paranormal, superstitious or psychological, the idea that certain people either bring bad luck to the company...
  17. gattino

The Fortean Video Archive

I need a snappier title. But i keep stumbling on iconic original material related to major fortean events of which we've all heard, and instead of starting a new thread for each one thought it might be a good idea to have single thread in which all such stuff can be found and easily accessed...
  18. gattino

Cardiff Poltergeist

From the old ITV series "Strange But True?" (As an aside I was waiting for the obligatory professional sceptic to turn up for "balance" and say "I believe that THEY believe it, but...". Interestingly there was none, which makes me think this must have been the last show of this kind in the UK...
  19. gattino

"It's A Year Since It Happened": Dreamstuff

A peculiar pair of dreams this week with a thematic connection that intrigues me. About 3 nights ago I had a dream which is a standard and (in the course of a life time) recurring dream, that I understand many people have (in the same way as flying and teeth falling out are meant to be...
  20. gattino

1974 Exorcist Debate

Just stumbled on this little gem.. a british audience discussion program following the release of the exorcist. It's fascinating in multiple ways. It gives some credence to the popular belief that the movie strongly upset cinema goers at the time. Just hearing awfully awfully british voices...
  21. gattino

Headline Of The Day

22. gattino

Arthur Conan Doyle In His Own Words

We've all seen snippets of Doyle speaking to camera in documentaries about Sherlock Holmes. But here is the whole thing (I at least had never seen it) and his primary topic of conversation is his interest in things "psychic". What I find really interesting is that his words and demeanor seem...
  23. gattino

Mystery Light In Brother's Garden

I can only report it as he has to me, so questions may be fruitless. Answers however are welcome. He says sitting in his living room, next to a glass patio door looking on to his garden on Hallowe'en night (yes I know) he saw white round object move across the darkness outside. He at first...
  24. gattino

A New Twilight Zone?

I'll be going off in a couple of random directions at once with this post. Consider it the equivalent of mumbling on a park bench. Love the original Twilight Zone. Aware they rebooted it twice over the years and are possibly doing so again soon. The reboots have never worked in terms of staying...
  25. gattino

You Look Just Like...

I was going to add this to the end of the Doppleganger thread, but it's only tangentially related (though may explain some of my own doppleganger incidents of strangers mistaking me for multiple different acquaintances of theirs or people online asking me if they saw me in such and such a shop...
  26. gattino

Turkey Teddybears (Thread NSFVegans)

"Your kids will love it" Assuming your kids are Ed Gein and Hannibal Lecter obviously.
  27. gattino

Witches 'Cast Mass Spell' On Justice Kavanaugh

I'm surprised this hasn't already been reported here, but for what its worth.... https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-45928212 Or...
  28. gattino

Keep Up, Lad

Unusual Airbnb guest of the week is a 20 year old indian-American (not the other way round) who is travelling around on an unusual and noble quest to record for posterity interviews with World War 2 combat veterans before they're gone for good. He's travelled all over the US and Canada doing so...
  29. gattino

The Medium John Edward

This is a spin off from the "are all psychics fake" thread. I'm posting it as a new topic just because i know how long winded my reports tend to be. So, having initially abandoned the idea, i did in the end go and see the famed John Edward perform at the local theatre last night, as i...
  30. gattino

Light & Mood: Seasonal Dissatisfaction

I was tempted to append this to the "getting old, death approaches" thread, but that's only because it sounds suitably maudlin. For the last several days an old familiar sense of restlessness, anxiety about time passing, blues-iness rather than "depression" has lapped over me. What's of...
  31. gattino

Popular Songs That They Couldn't Write Now

By which I mean in a "it was alright in the 70s" sense. Standards or chart hits whose lyrics were fine - and possibly remain popular - but which couldn't have been written in 2018. Changes in musical tastes notwithstanding. The obvious ones are those that reference or would now be seen to...
  32. gattino

You Wouldn't Like Me When I'm Peeved

Furious British reaction to Trump
  33. gattino

Time Slips Explained At Last

That unusual street you find yourself walking down that was never there before? Perhaps it's Danny The Street https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danny_the_Street "Danny the Street is a fictional character in the DC Universe; a living, sentient piece of urban geography who can magically and...
  34. gattino

A Fortean Conspiracy Of Silence?

Just an observation really, masquerading as a "what do you think?" question. As I now earn my pennies being a host to paying houseguests, I encounter far more people and from so many diverse backgrounds than I previously had with just my own social circle. And though I can't pretend to put any...
  35. gattino

A Home, Somewhere That's Green

Watching a wood pigeon (?) building a nest in the tree top just below my bedroom window. She flies away, returns with a twig in her mouth, lands on the same spot on top of the foliage and then shuffles her way down below the surface. A few minutes later, presumably after interweaving the...
  36. gattino

Tying The Threads Together

My various accounts of paranormal seeming sagas which relate to/interconnect with past ones are becoming ever more difficult to keep track of as there are now multiple different threads in which new events can be posted. To try and make sense of it all here's my best attempt to bullet point...
  37. gattino

Ok, Two Things...

38. gattino

X-Ray Specs Etc. Finally We Know!

Just stumbled on this book on amazon. Not bought it but the "look inside" section allows you to satisfy your curiosity for free. It reveals what you actually got if you ever sent off for those novelty items in the ads of American comics. The Xray specs explained at last! (sadly no sea monkeys)...
  39. gattino

Heavenly Homeless

One of the frustrations of reporting my own experiences of the Fortean is that they so often tie into, or seem addenda to, previous incidents in some constantly rewoven pattern. I never know when to start a new thread or resurrect an old one. What I'm about to report was an isolated event for...
  40. gattino

Logically Psychic

A few years ago I posted on here (sadly can't find the original precise posting with the details) how as a test of my hypothesis that perhaps the difference between a self declared psychic and the rest of us is that they assume a meaning to the random names or images that pass through their mind...
  41. gattino

Because... Because... Because I Said So

American guest has just been the umpteenth foreigner to be perplexed by the use of a washing up bowl in the kitchen sink. What's it for..why don't we just wash plates in the sink itself. I tried to explain it was obvious..we have them because .because..it helps to..it's so that... I'm afraid I...
  42. gattino

Escape Is Futile....

...and traitors will be impaled on the city gates as an example to others. He almost made it too :( I found this poor dreamer on the gates of my local park, seemingly with a trauma wound in his temple. I assume some child dropped it and a stranger propped it up there. Or are the satanists...
  43. gattino

Stiff, Upper Circle

44. gattino

Glad we've cleared that up...

45. gattino

Accommodation Scam (with a hint of Forteana)

So...concentrate... next month i'm doing a quick two night trip to Genoa. A friend is going to Milan for a few days and then going onto Genoa for the last part of his stay. I've always wanted to cross the latter off but am not interested in Milan so am just joining him on those last two days...
  46. gattino

But You Still Have Your Hair....

A delightful Airbnb guest from Taiwan has been chatting away with me all evening. When I went into the kitchen for a drink of water she was perplexed, asking me "you drink tap water?! But you still have your hair!" Pardon? Tap water in Britain causes your hair to fall out, it said in the...
  47. gattino

Dodgy Doggy

I may have referenced this on here in years past, as I know I have elsewhere, but since I saw it again today and can't be sure, I'll do so now. Maybe others have seen the same thing. For at least 6 or 7 years , maybe more, almost every time I pass through the city centre shopping streets here...
  48. gattino

If I Went Tomorrow

Two old dolls, sisters, in the queue for the one staff member at a local department store (i was getting bedding), dressed in cape like coats, reminiscent of Eva and Zsa Zsa Gabor. One got talking to me. She's doing her bucket list. Part of which was coming to Liverpool where she used to go in...
  49. gattino

Anyone Tried Ganzfeld At Home?

Given the simplicity of the set up (the half pingpong balls over the eyes, red light, white noise) for producing apparently psychic and at least hallucinatory experiences, it occurs to me that there really ought to be a simple kit you could buy online to do it at home. A quick check on amazon...
  50. gattino

More Dreaming Of Unknown Words

Reported several of these on here over the years, but a new one last night which, if it has any meaning at all, needs help in identifying. I've not recorded my dreams in months, but going away to sunny Krakow this evening the friend who's going with me asked if id had any precog dreams about...