Search results

1. grimnebulin

A Surfeit Of Dutch Princesses

Yesterday I was reading a thread on Reddit, I think it was called 'What is the strangest thing that ever happened to you?' The account I was reading was written by a man who claimed that when he was a small boy, the radio in his sister's bedroom used to 'talk' to him, cursing and swearing and...
  2. grimnebulin

Just wanted to thank my Fortean friends for their sympathy and solidarity, thank you all for...

Just wanted to thank my Fortean friends for their sympathy and solidarity, thank you all for being here
  3. grimnebulin

Fighting the black dog again. Cheer me up, fellow Forteans :-(

Fighting the black dog again. Cheer me up, fellow Forteans :-(
  4. grimnebulin

Swallows and Amazons forever! Or not. As you please.

Swallows and Amazons forever! Or not. As you please.
  5. grimnebulin

Have You Got A Double?

I'm fascinated reading this thread. My eldest daughter was a mix of my looks and her dads, but when I had her brother 19 months later, he was like a small replica of me! His dad's genes seemed to have bypassed him completely. I have a photo of him aged 7 and one of myself at the same age, and I...
  6. grimnebulin

A Different Kind Of Dream

First of all, apologies if I'm posting this in the wrong place. So many people were kind enough to post on my other thread and I hope this will be of interest to someone. Last night I had a dream that disturbed me and left me with a kind of 'dream hangover', if that makes sense. In the dream I...
  7. grimnebulin

Press 1 to update your details, press 2 to make a payment, press 3 to be insulted by one of our...

Press 1 to update your details, press 2 to make a payment, press 3 to be insulted by one of our operatives... :-)
  8. grimnebulin

The Everlasting Mystery Of Teaspoons

You must have aquired a breeding pair when you bought the set!
  9. grimnebulin

The Shit Thread: Excremental Discussion

There's poetry in motion! There's beauty in the bran! There is no magic potion, Just prunes and the What-The-F-Plan! (Sorry. I'll get me coat.)
  10. grimnebulin

Funny And/Or Weird Happenings Whilst Drunk

I have just laughed so much I snorted coffee down my nose. Not only unladylike but painful!
  11. grimnebulin

It's The Four Horsemen of The Bank Holiday; Rain, Hail, Sleet and Contraflow.

It's The Four Horsemen of The Bank Holiday; Rain, Hail, Sleet and Contraflow.
  12. grimnebulin

absolutely! :-)

absolutely! :-)
  13. grimnebulin

so glad I have this site to come to and read amazing stories when the rest of my, quite frankly...

so glad I have this site to come to and read amazing stories when the rest of my, quite frankly, is a bit shit :-(
  14. grimnebulin

ooh it's a bit cold for that! Never take me vest off til June

ooh it's a bit cold for that! Never take me vest off til June
  15. grimnebulin

Witnessing Death

my mum had her family around her and died very peacefully in an excellent hospice. I will be glad for the rest of my life that I was there to see her leave this world. We sat and talked to her and promised we'd look after dad and she didn't need to worry about anything anymore. If there is such...
  16. grimnebulin

Most Horrible Day Ever?

I hope you are getting some peace and able to relax. You did a wonderful thing. Be kind to yourself now xx
  17. grimnebulin

1st of May! 1st of May! Outdoor shagging starts today! (looks at forecast) bring an umbrella...

1st of May! 1st of May! Outdoor shagging starts today! (looks at forecast) bring an umbrella...
  18. grimnebulin

Calling at Strop Central and terminating at GoFuckYourselves :-)

Calling at Strop Central and terminating at GoFuckYourselves :-)
  19. grimnebulin

Funny And/Or Weird Happenings Whilst Drunk

Wonders if 'kebab' is a euphemism (immature, snurk,snigger)
  20. grimnebulin

on the Nope train to Fuckthatville

on the Nope train to Fuckthatville
  21. grimnebulin

oh gods that sounds amazing (dribble) HP sauce!

oh gods that sounds amazing (dribble) HP sauce!
  22. grimnebulin

Dreaming Of The Dead

some very touching and sad stories, thank you all for sharing your experiences. I dreamed about my mum again last night, and like previous posters, there was this sense that she had 'come back' from somewhere and would have to return. I've had a really tough time lately and I feel she's keeping...
  23. grimnebulin

Salutations my friends!

Salutations my friends!
  24. grimnebulin

Yes please. Custard creams if you have them

Yes please. Custard creams if you have them
  25. grimnebulin

is having a nervous breakdown. No one has noticed yet

is having a nervous breakdown. No one has noticed yet
  26. grimnebulin

Dreaming Of The Dead

yes i think it will, thank you for reading.
  27. grimnebulin

Dreaming Of The Dead

I haven't been back to this thread in a while and I'm delighted it's still going. I want to share a very unsettling dream I had a couple of days ago. In the dream it was me who was dead! I was in a room and yet I felt I wasn't really 'there'. Sorry this doesn't make much sense. In the dream I...
  28. grimnebulin

Hellooo

Hellooo
  29. grimnebulin

Shared Strangeness At Night

Ooh that's a bit odd. How old is your son? Experienced all kinds of wierdness when mine were little. Hope you don't mind me asking!
  30. grimnebulin

I remember the Dying Fly, the Phantom Flan Flinger, Lenny Henry's impersonation of David...

I remember the Dying Fly, the Phantom Flan Flinger, Lenny Henry's impersonation of David Bellamy; "Scwabbling awound in the undergwothe!"
  31. grimnebulin

Saturday is TISWAS day! Well it used to be. (weeps for lost youth)

Saturday is TISWAS day! Well it used to be. (weeps for lost youth)
  32. grimnebulin

That's what it's all about

That's what it's all about
  33. grimnebulin

I have been thrown out of the hokey cokey, for putting it in when I should have been shaking it...

I have been thrown out of the hokey cokey, for putting it in when I should have been shaking it all about
  34. grimnebulin

You know what? I didn't.

You know what? I didn't.
  35. grimnebulin

I hate Sundays. I always feel like it's school tomorrow and I haven't done my geography homework.

I hate Sundays. I always feel like it's school tomorrow and I haven't done my geography homework.
  36. grimnebulin

What are part time traffic signals the rest of the time?

37. grimnebulin

Ooh he must suffer from terrible chafing (hides talcum powder)

Ooh he must suffer from terrible chafing (hides talcum powder)
  38. grimnebulin

Greetings, Forteans. Pull up a chair and call the cat a bastard!

Greetings, Forteans. Pull up a chair and call the cat a bastard!
  39. grimnebulin

trifle on Thursday! (misses point)

trifle on Thursday! (misses point)
  40. grimnebulin

Dreaming Of The Dead

I understand what you mean about them feeling more like visitations than dreams, Lord Lucan. The times I have dreamed about my mum, since she died, feel "different" from my other dreams. I really feel her presence and when I wake, I have this feeling for most of the following day. I read...
  41. grimnebulin

Tuesday. I could never get the hang of Tuesdays.

Tuesday. I could never get the hang of Tuesdays.
  42. grimnebulin

Dreaming Of The Dead

Again, thanks to everyone who has contributed. Thank you for sharing some very touching experiences and hugs and sympathy to those who need it. I have found that my antidepressants cause very colourful, crazy dreams, which leave me exhausted and questioning reality for a bit. I did dream about...
  43. grimnebulin

No storm in sight today. More blue sky and baking sunshine. Feels oddly apocalytic.

No storm in sight today. More blue sky and baking sunshine. Feels oddly apocalytic.
  44. grimnebulin

Watching the clouds build up. It's very still, outside, and the light is odd, stormlight?

Watching the clouds build up. It's very still, outside, and the light is odd, stormlight?
  45. grimnebulin

What Were You Doing Five Minutes Ago?

Well. the cat brought in a mouse, still alive. Then she let it go. In the kitchen. She chased it, I chased her and the dog chased both of us. Was like a scene from Tom and Jerry with extra crashing and whacking noises and swearing. Now I can't find the mouse and the cat has got bored and...
  46. grimnebulin

Dreaming Of The Dead

Thank you to everyone to who shared their experiences and wisdom on this thread. I remember an episode of Outnumbered where the youngest child had had a nightmare, and her dad was comforting her and saying it was her brain playing silly tricks. She pondered this for a minute, then said "I...
  47. grimnebulin

48. grimnebulin

Happy New Year everyone

Happy New Year everyone
  49. grimnebulin

Dreaming Of The Dead

You so did
  50. grimnebulin

Dreaming Of The Dead

Yes, I think that's very plausible. The sub-conscious is a strange thing.Thanks, that's really interesting and makes me think.