Search results

1. Trevp666

Minor Strangeness

I prefer the use of other words instead of 'got' quite often, especially in written texts, as I was taught in my English grammar classes that repeated use of a word in a written work is frowned upon! So 'obtained' or 'acquired' for the act of coming into ownership of an item or service (I...
  2. Trevp666

Fortean Headlines

Maybe it's a signal....
  3. Trevp666

Minor Strangeness

Erm.....you see the bit at the wall where the plug is plugged in....have tried switching it off entirely with the switchy switch thing and also removing said plug from socket? I'd be extremely surprised (nay worried/concerned) if it still powered up then!
  4. Trevp666

Worthing (U.K.) Hazardous Materials?!

"Page could not be found".....
  5. Trevp666

Worthing (U.K.) Hazardous Materials?!

Just saw this on BBC news. Puts me in mind of the mystery gas/smell thing that happened just a little further along the coast a year or two ago.https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-sussex-49311079
  6. Trevp666

Minor Strangeness

..........don't talk about toe gang!
  7. Trevp666

Minor Strangeness

The first rule of toe gang is............
  8. Trevp666

Minor Strangeness

I think I would keep it turned off......until it started raining.
  9. Trevp666

Funny And/Or Weird Happenings Whilst Drunk

Hic.....I guessh we jusht know how to h..h..h..have a goood time........hic
  10. Trevp666

Minor Strangeness

Maybe it's some kind of 'Brocken Spectre' effect?
  11. Trevp666

Minor Strangeness

Planes on regular flights that aren't on approach or take off paths will (if not separated by tens of miles) be separated by some hundreds of feet in altitude to avoid the risk of collision.
  12. Trevp666

Minor Strangeness

What about 'false positives' type of thing. As in, how many times have you thought about it about to buzz/wiggle and it hasn't done so?
  13. Trevp666

Minor Strangeness

Perhaps unsurprisingly it's called the curry plant.
  14. Trevp666

Minor Strangeness

AFAIK thesedays new gas cookers won't let the gas out if it isn't alight.
  15. Trevp666

Minor Strangeness

More likely though is that they'll add the ten seconds back in during a time when you're in a hurry.
  16. Trevp666

Time Slip At A Football Game

For what it's worth.......A good friend of mine used to work (until very recently) for one of the big betting companies. He told me about how most sporting events are transmitted with some delay to prevent people gaining an edge over the bookies. He said that pretty much all the big companies...
  17. Trevp666

Minor Strangeness

Pressure washer aimed at the join
  18. Trevp666

Robot Round-Up

It can chase you down (very slowly). Nowhere (more than 2 minutes away from a recharge point) is safe. It can jump over a tree (even if it would be quicker to just go around it, or even just step over it). Mind you, I guess it could do all of these things while being shot at and not be too...
  19. Trevp666

Necrolog

I see that Peter Mayhew who played 'Chewbacca' in Star Wars has carked it at 74. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-48142765
  20. Trevp666

Robot Round-Up

I was reading (somewhere) earlier that the rise of things like "Alexa" (a stationary 'smart speaker') is proving so popular that people are buying them in sufficient quantities, enough to prevent the further development of 'assistance robots', with many small start-up companies going under...
  21. Trevp666

Fortean Headlines

As if the placement of planets and other heavenly bodies etc could possibly have even the slightest bearing on ones daily life, what a load of nonsense. I mean, it's about as scientific as chiromancy, feng-shui, crystal healing and homeopathy ! But then that's us Taureans, naturally cynical.......
  22. Trevp666

Fortean Headlines

I recommend the episode of 'The Orville'...."All the world is a birthday cake" (Season 2 Episode 5). The Orville detects a signal from Regor 2, a planet searching for other intelligent life in the universe, and initiates first contact. The Regorians welcome Ed, Kelly, Claire, Bortus, and new...
  23. Trevp666

Global Warming & Climate Change

I drive a lot slower than I did years ago on account of the fact that that motorways are much busier including many many miles of 'motorway' which has quite often 40 or 50 as the 'smart' limit, and I now have a van instead of a sporty car.
  24. Trevp666

Space/Time Malfunction?

The effect from Jaws was done by zooming out at the same rate as the dolly camera moved towards Roy Scheider (Brody) thus keeping him in central focus. My experience was different in that I remained stationary while everything in front of me stretched out away from me.
  25. Trevp666

Space/Time Malfunction?

I don't think I have mentioned this before, and I'm not sure if it fits better in another thread elsewhere instead of on it's own but here's a recounting/recollection of a minor odd thing that happened to me many years ago. I used to live in Hemel Hempstead and one day had driven to nearby...
  26. Trevp666

It Happened To George: Experiences With UFOs, Haunted Houses & The Spirits

Like I said many posts back - George actually had a lot to bring to the table. He just didn't bring it to the table in a presentable way. I mean, if you cooked the best meal in the world but served it up on a dustbin lid I doubt whether many people would want to eat it. And unfortunately all...
  27. Trevp666

The one I remember the best was the guy who was convinced he had many photographs of UFOs, all from the areas near his house somewhere in Scotland, but upon inspection they turned out to be photographs of helicopters belonging to a company that inspected power lines which were working during the...
  28. Trevp666

[note to self......"increase my stock holding in that 'tinfoil hat' company"]
  29. Trevp666

Well I for one wish him well and hope he gets the help he so clearly needs.
  30. Trevp666

Yet...I will tell you one thing....remember me well. George who?! It's not as though he wasn't given every opportunity to have his say though. Even though most of what he had to say was completely bonkers.
  31. Trevp666

Yup. Or as the filth call it "driving without due care and attention". TBH it was a bit of car crash in slow motion.
  32. Trevp666

You know how sometimes you might be driving down the motorway, and on the opposite carriageway you can see that 'something' has happened, so you slow down a little and try to look over while still concentrating on the road ahead, trying to get a look at what happened, and you might see a set of...
  33. Trevp666

Fortean Headlines

Possibly a race course......
  34. Trevp666

And... "The paint is recycled paint from over 2000 years ago and is said to be emulated from Christ " The what the?!?!?
  35. Trevp666

Fortean Headlines

Those things take some really special driving skills
  36. Trevp666

Also, get your electrics checked by a qualified sparky.
  37. Trevp666

I think George has a lot to bring to the table. Thank you George. And I commend you for your tenacity. You're not easily put off. Unfortunately it is done in a rambling, waffling style, with an overtone of 'persecution complex', many 'typos', grammatical and spelling errors, and a lack of 'self...
  38. Trevp666

Correction (sorry just a bit of a pedant); They hang from gallows but burn at the stake.
  39. Trevp666

If I were a member of an advanced intelligent society (other than earth-bound human) and I had travelled across the vastness of interstellar space and found another intelligent life form, I would keep my presence hidden until I could identify an official state body to trust to reveal my presence...
  40. Trevp666

I'm not dismissive. I see quite a few odd things. My humourous posts are a response to reading all of the posts of others and reaching a conclusion of my own. I also think that extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof, or at least some proof, something tangible. For example, the photo of...
  41. Trevp666

I've got a picture of a ghost too but I can't show it to you cos it's old and not very good, so here's a picture of some tools instead.
  42. Trevp666

"The aliens talk to me..." Yeah, I bet they do mate! You are JohnCBDG and I claim my £5.
  43. Trevp666

Er...."Time Exposure"..... = person moves through frame while shutter is open leaving a 'ghost' image of themselves on the print. Just saying.
  44. Trevp666

Scientists Revive Brain Cells In Dead Pigs

So did any of the revived pigs tell of a trip through the pearly gates to a heaven where nobody is eating bacon sandwiches???
  45. Trevp666

Global Warming & Climate Change

“The planet is facing destruction, but when the person telling you that is a heavy weed-smoker called ‘Loz’ who plays the bongos, it’s very difficult to believe it. "...
  46. Trevp666

Robot Round-Up

Maybe with an 'orgasmeter'?
  47. Trevp666

Minor Strangeness

Ears is an anagram of arse though.
  48. Trevp666

Robot Round-Up

Thankfully they haven't given them guns yet. What's that?.....They HAVE?! We are indeed doomed, lol.
  49. Trevp666

Robot Round-Up

I see that those warehouse robots will apparently still need people around to put the labels on things and paint lines on the floor, oh and to use those pump-up pallet trucks to move the stuff around too.
  50. Trevp666

Minor Strangeness

Some weeks ago I decided it was time to get a new job. After having applied for various roles, and having several interviews, I had been offered a position but the start date was not confirmed yet, so I stopped looking while I waited for a confirmed date. Well, after a couple of weeks, and...