Search results

1. Tempest63

What Are You Eating & Drinking?

I didn’t realise you have to store a nearly empty marmite jar on its side to make sure you don’t miss any?
  2. Tempest63

Cromer!

Not tonight, though I think a caught sight of a ragged looking Iceni wench chasing a Witchfinder General down the high street in her chariot.
  3. Tempest63

Dark Galaxy in bed. Mrs T63 has milk Galaxy. Not too sure of this dark galaxy nonsense though, would much prefer Bournville.
  4. Tempest63

Cromer!

Cromer carnival heavily publicised on Look East tonight.
  5. Tempest63

I mightily recommend the Le Creuset tagines.
  6. Tempest63

I tend to find it a Xmas thing, unless it’s a Moroccan themed weekend
  7. Tempest63

No prunes?
  8. Tempest63

Wait till you poo. The suction will pull your cheeks in. That’s the cheeks at the sides of your mouth
  9. Tempest63

So What Were YOUR Erroneous Childhood Beliefs?

As it should be, good lesson there for modern parents.
  10. Tempest63

I was! Mum took us to see him as Hans Christian Anderson at the London Palladium. And his school near to the south side of Tower Bridge joined with another school near to Millwall FC to become the Scott Lidgett School in Drummond Road which was my secondary school. “Inch worm, inch worm...
  11. Tempest63

Language Timothy
  12. Tempest63

If she finds toilet paper in the bed she’ll suspect me of having a J. Arthur behind her back.
  13. Tempest63

The Three Knocks

If you get three knocks on the ceiling it’s probably Tony Orlando and his chums from Dawn.
  14. Tempest63

I will probably dribble on my pillow when asleep and the game will be up!
  15. Tempest63

It’s that German chocolate with a little flap to seal it and the wrapper is “silent” plasticy stuff. Shhhhh!
  16. Tempest63

Rum n raisin chocolate by the light of my iPad whilst Mrs T63 gently snores.
  17. Tempest63

Are You SUPERFLUOUS?

I’m definitely superfluous. After years of hard work and study to become a chartered professional it has dawned on me that all the youngsters, fresh out of school/Uni/College, along with the elder micro managers all know how to do my job far better than I do.
  18. Tempest63

In the spirit of the original post that started this thread, as a young boy I did actually believe there was a little man in the fridge who turned the light on when you opened the door! Ah! Innocence.
  19. Tempest63

The R.I.P. Thread

Wearside Jack dies. John Humble the guy who sent the police investigating the Yorkshire ripper murders on a wild goose chase after posting hoax letters and audio tapes has died. When identified he went to prison for 8 years for perverting the course of justice.
  20. Tempest63

Humour & Jokes

A Tourette’s charity wants an apology for the joke voted best one of the Edinburgh fringe this year. The gag goes like this: "I keep randomly shouting out 'Broccoli' and 'Cauliflower' - I think I might have florets". Should an apology be forthcoming or should the charity accept the joke as...
  21. Tempest63

The Shit Thread: Excremental Discussion

When my kids were babies I couldn’t go near a nappy or puke without heaving, I tried, honestly I tried, but I would end up with a half cleaned baby lying on the floor whilst I was calling god on the big white telephone. Latterly when my sons wife started to produce I would do the grandad...
  22. Tempest63

Never ate them myself but it was a weekend treat once upon a time for the moggies.
  23. Tempest63

"Flavours" That Don't Taste Like The Actual Thing

Coke in a Jameson? Put it in a Bells or a Teachers but Jameson should taste like Jameson and the only thing that goes in a Jameson is another one!
  24. Tempest63

Same as lamb shanks, monkfish and all the other cheaper foodstuffs. Even breast of lamb is no longer as cheap as it used to be. When I had Great Danes a few years back the butcher used to sell it for pennies and I used it to bulk them up when they went on a self imposed diet and looked like...
  25. Tempest63

So, What Have You Been Doing Today ?

Spent a couple of hours in day therapies having infliximab administered to hold the Crohn’s at bay. Bit of a shit as I spent yesterday (yes Sunday) having an MRI scan in the same hospital. I’m getting a little tired of hospitals at the moment.
  26. Tempest63

Ever Met Anyone Famous?

I knew Olly Murrs when he was young as he played football with my eldest son. I introduced him to my current wife just as he was becoming well known. We had been to a funeral that day and it cheered my wife no end to meet him. I must say fame hasn’t gone to his head and he remains a nice bloke.
  27. Tempest63

How's The Weather Outside Today?

Been lovely in our part of Essex. Rain very early this morning, but four loads of washing dried out on the line
  28. Tempest63

Identifying Some 1970s Supernatural TV Dramas (UK)

Now that really takes me back!
  29. Tempest63

Identifying Some 1970s Supernatural TV Dramas (UK)

I remember liking Ace of Wands from the 70’s with the lead actor being called Tarot. It probably kickstarted my interaction with the cards themselves.
  30. Tempest63

Greetings! (Ghost of Fort's Introductory Thread)

I couldn’t find an obituary though. Sorry!
  31. Tempest63

Greetings! (Ghost of Fort's Introductory Thread)

Passed in 2009. Very prolific writer from what I have Just witnessed on the web.
  32. Tempest63

Might give them a go myself
  33. Tempest63

There is a recipe here if you have someone to assist https://www.koreanbapsang.com/mandu-korean-dumplings_20/
  34. Tempest63

Large VAT after a tiring day on site. (I’m actually on my 2nd..sneaked one in whilst the wife was in the shower)
  35. Tempest63

Wasting Police Time

It was like that back in Bermondsey in years gone by, they would play up and be gone before you could say “concrete foundations”!
  36. Tempest63

Kidney Stones

Everyone absorbs things in different amounts, Swifty gets stones; could be caused by calcium or oxalates. Other people are calcium deficient and have to take supplements. Similarly you find people can suffer from anaemia, iron deficiency, whilst a friend of mine has haemochromatosis which is...
  37. Tempest63

Kidney Stones

I believe you or another stone-martyr mentioned in an earlier post how difficult it is to describe the pain. It is one of those conditions you have to experience to “appreciate” it. (Wise old sages start sucking on pipes, slowly nodding to show understanding)
  38. Tempest63

Kidney Stones

Good luck buddy, I hope you can get sorted very quickly.
  39. Tempest63

Mass Psychogenic Illness Outbreak In Malaysia

How bizarre is this. Similar to other Fortean mass hysteria outbreaks www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/world-asia-48850490
  40. Tempest63

FT383

Just dropped through the letterbox. Little early isn’t it?
  41. Tempest63

Words & Phrases You Never Want To Hear Again

That’s because nobody has a Joanna at home anymore. Every home had one when photos only came in black and white
  42. Tempest63

It’s a bastardised bit of rhyming slang. Aristotle = bottle, bottle and glass (mistakenly) Arse. Bottle and Khyber became interchangeable at some point.
  43. Tempest63

The Continuing Insult To The English Language

Son in Law is a serving soldier, colour sergeant in the Royal Anglians. Always Leff in the British army, Loo is American.
  44. Tempest63

The Continuing Insult To The English Language

Oh no! I’m a bygone
  45. Tempest63

The Whinge Thread, Resurrected

You sound like a few pages of the accident book on a construction site!
  46. Tempest63

The Whinge Thread, Resurrected

I was on a train recently, nice quiet part of the carriage, just me and an older guy reading our papers when we were invaded by a gang of yummy mummies and their little “dahlings”. Kids started bouncing off the seats, screaming, shouting. Yummy mummies deeply engrossed in their phones took not...
  47. Tempest63

Where Do You Shop For Your Fortean Books?

This is where I bought all my Fortean/magic books back in the day. I remember buying a book there, which one I cannot recall but very likely to be about Crowley or The Golden Dawn, and on reading it found a reference to the shop itself. I hadn’t appreciated how long the shop had been there...
  48. Tempest63

“Bottle” in rhyming slang is “bottle and glass” = Class. It was associated with boxing, i.e., “he’s got some bottle” or “he’s lost his bottle”. May mean different things across various London boroughs but that was the meaning in Bermondsey/Walworth when I was growing up there.
  49. Tempest63

Usually preceded several months before by “You’re Nicked”
  50. Tempest63

Popular Songs That They Couldn't Write Now

Not sure if this has been raised before but Pass The Dutchie by musical youth was an adaptation of an earlier version of Pass The Kouchie by The Mighty Diamonds. A Dutchie is a cooking pot, i.e., Dutch Oven, whilst a Kouchie is also a pot...but one you keep your Ganja in. It’s all Jamaican to me.